Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This Is A Public Health Information Notice On Behalf Of...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you don't wear a mask there is literally nothing between what you breathe out and what someone else breathes in.

If you do wear a mask there is something that may stop some of what you breathe out and someone else breathes in. It won't stop everything - we know that - but it may stop enough to give someone else a better chance if you are carrying the virus.

Why, if you can, would you not wear a mask in the small number of places you are recommended to do so? You may literally save someone else's life. Why would you not do that?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When I used to see people around London from the far East in masks, I thought they were paranoid dicks, afeared of local germs. Now I realise they were socially considerate people that had a sniffle or such and hoped not to spread it. You wear a mask for others, it is affective at stopping you spreading through moisture and useless at protecting you. So don't be a Trump dick and put others first as you don't know you haven't got it.

Absolutely this.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
But if you're feeling okay, you almost certainly don't have the virus.

This bizarre "I'm feeling fine, but I'm worried that I might KILL someone if I don't wear a mask" is hysteria, let's be honest with ourselves here.

You speak as if you are totally unaware / ignorant of asymptomatic infections, asymptomatic people, and the chances of those people spreading Covid.

A quick Google will allow you to understand the issue,

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why didn't we do that pre-covid?

And post-covid, should we now continue to do this for the rest of time?

You're not going to do it anyway, so I'm not going to waste any more of my time trying to explain why something cheap and painless may provide a benefit to others.

I get it that you don't get it.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

What is this 'post-Covid' thing that you speak of?

There are currently about 60 people in Sussex hospitals admitted to treat their Covid infections, About a third of them are in intensive care.

Post-Covid?

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021

I must have missed the news about it being post covid now. I somehow thought that there were 33k cases per day at the moment.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Typhoid Mary was never ill, nor did she know she was a carrier.

Not to begin with but she was told and chose to reject the scientific evidence...

Anyway, football fans come from a broad spectrum including some of the stupidest people on earth. Of course many won't be wearing masks. It is unenforceable and the cool kids view them as very not cool. To expect anything else is to not understand human behaviour.

I wore a mask in the taxi and in the queues but I almost didn't in a later beer queue. No one else was so I felt awkward being one of the minority. The subconscious desire to fit in and follow the crowd is strong!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
... absolutely no-one. Tho it absolutely should be. All you happy fans piling off the trains without a care, without a mask? All those mask-free beery shouty conversations on the concourses? Yeah right you're all invincible superheros. Aren't we all eh? Tho maybe your mum or nan isn't. You might just accidentally pass something on to them that causes them some serious health problems. You should have a serious word with yourselves. Plenty of festivals belatedly realising the reality. Educate yourself. Take a test. Before and after games. Wear a mask. Either that or just keep calm and carry on and don't give a shit about anybody other than your sefish self :shrug:

On trains absolutely masks should be worn and any indoor space that is enclosed .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’ll wear a mask - if nothing else, it might make them feel safer.

A few weeks ago I went into my local chippy and, as is second-nature now, I put on my mask before I entered.

I ordered my food and stood to one side whilst I waited, idly scrolling through nonsense on my phone.

I looked up and it dawned on me that I was the only customer in the shop and I was still wearing a mask. As I pondered this, an elderly lady came in, also wearing a mask, and ordered her fish and chips.

She then looked over to me and thanked me for wearing a mask, and said she doesn't come in if there are people inside who aren't wearing masks.

So, if a little old lady is able to enjoy cod and chips because I was wearing a mask, then I consider it a very good thing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A few weeks ago I went into my local chippy and, as is second-nature now, I put on my mask before I entered.

I ordered my food and stood to one side whilst I waited, idly scrolling through nonsense on my phone.

I looked up and it dawned on me that I was the only customer in the shop and I was still wearing a mask. As I pondered this, an elderly lady came in, also wearing a mask, and ordered her fish and chips.

She then looked over to me and thanked me for wearing a mask, and said she doesn't come in if there are people inside who aren't wearing masks.

So, if a little old lady is able to enjoy cod and chips because I was wearing a mask, then I consider it a very good thing.

Hate the phrase, but it’s the ‘new normal’. Small price to pay for freedom.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Don't you believe in the social importance of being able to see each other's faces? Our smiles and laughter and expressions for example. Being able to recognise people from afar, etc.

They’re wearing masks, not balaclavas. Are you sure you didn’t attend an IRA meeting by accident?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's awful.

Don't you think we need to move towards an atmosphere where people no longer need to feel anxious if others are not wearing masks?

Especially as we are now living in a time where people won't be, and no longer need to be, wearing masks.

We are moving towards it, hopefully, but we’re not there yet.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's awful.

Don't you think we need to move towards an atmosphere where people no longer need to feel anxious if others are not wearing masks?

Especially as we are now living in a time where people won't be, and no longer need to be, wearing masks.

I'm happy to show empathy for others wherever possible, and recognise that society is a better place when more people do that.

Based on your posts, I know you won't understand this.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
That's awful.

Someone please take this man’s spade away, or God forbid me I might hit him with it...!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That's awful.

I don’t totally agree with what your posts re the ‘Covid’ subject ..but I’ll give you credit for sticking by what you think despite it being contrary to many on this thread and the Covid forum ..and for ignoring the cheap remarks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here