Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This Is A Public Health Information Notice On Behalf Of...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Don't you believe in the social importance of being able to see each other's faces? Our smiles and laughter and expressions for example. Being able to recognise people from afar, etc.

We are at a time where we literally do not need to wear masks any more, so why bother when it is at the expense of our social wellbeing?

Wow, the same argument as is used against Muslim women

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Chinese culture is not one that is known for being considerate to others. They wear masks out of a (valid, in many of their cities) fear of pollution. Nothing to do with illness.

However the Japanese (unlikely the ones you saw wearing masks in London a majority of the time) DO wear masks to protect others. But they only wear them when they're ill.

There is no need to wear masks all of the time. Obviously.

Where do you get this bollocks from ? Have you ever lived in a Chinese society ? If you had then you would know it is all about consideration for others and the collective good. The internet really does give a platform for the peddling of malevolent ignorance.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I empathise with that old lady who is so terrified of covid that she won't even get her fish and chips because there are people in there that aren't wearing masks.

This is a hysterical, irrational fear for her brought on by the pandemic, and subsequently the behaviour of everyone else.

We are at the point where we need to normalise covid. Wearing masks when we are well is not necessarily useful behaviour - and it is not even encouraged by our government, let alone enforced.

We need to move on now. We don't need to wear masks anymore. It's so important that we move on to an atmosphere which makes people feel free again.

Post after post of yours that contains utter shit. The old lady mentioned had a rational wish to protect herself in a pandemic. You by contrast are an irrational fantasist trying desperately to wish away reality.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Sensible OP. With thumbs ups from the chattering nsc classes.

But in the real world of the concourses and park n ride buses, 10,000’s have decided that the pandemic is nearly over and/or simply want to have a great time without a face covering.

I think the club and anyone else who cares, have lost the war.

Let’s not pick on football. From what I’ve seen masks are generally not now warn on packed trains, my clubbing/pubbing teenage son informs me that literally no one is wearing a mask.

But that comes from your leaders deciding covud is over and just let it spread through society.

Most European countries still have some restrictions in place. Germany for example FFP2 masks must be worn in stores and on public transport (varies to medical masks in some states).

Pretty much from this week to access hospitality you either have to show proof of vaccination, proof of recovery or a negative text from that day. Free testing is being removed as all adults have had the chance of a vaccine. Some states are saying for hospitality a test is not enough, it is either proof of vaccine or proof of recovery.

So whilst the junta incharge of the UK Plague Island have decided to just let it run riot and hide behind the mantra of individual freedom, other nations seem to have taken a more grown up approach.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But that comes from your leaders deciding covud is over and just let it spread through society.

Most European countries still have some restrictions in place. Germany for example FFP2 masks must be worn in stores and on public transport (varies to medical masks in some states).

Pretty much from this week to access hospitality you either have to show proof of vaccination, proof of recovery or a negative text from that day. Free testing is being removed as all adults have had the chance of a vaccine. Some states are saying for hospitality a test is not enough, it is either proof of vaccine or proof of recovery.

So whilst the junta incharge of the UK Plague Island have decided to just let it run riot and hide behind the mantra of individual freedom, other nations seem to have taken a more grown up approach.

We’re off to France soon, where masks are mandatory, with a €135 fine for non compliance. Just to go, we have to show proof of double vaccinations.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You were saying Tom? :)

The bloke is literally arguing against considering the feelings of others. Probably the most self absorbed platform ever promulgated on NSC. I’m not sure there is a reasoned response to that attitude. He has the option of making a very small difference in his own life that may have a big positive impact on someone else’s. He wears his refusal like a badge of honour in his fight for his personal freedoms to see other people’s faces.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014

I'm surprised that you think "these are the rules and you must follow them because we say so" is more grown up than "these are the guidelines and we recommend you use your own judgement". That seems like the reverse of how parents bring up their children - as they get more grown-up, they are freer to make their own decisions.

It's another interesting argument that the state that allows its citizens freedom of choice is described as a junta. "Junta" used to be a word that meant military dictatorship, as I remember - has that changed?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm surprised that you think "these are the rules and you must follow them because we say so" is more grown up than "these are the guidelines and we recommend you use your own judgement". That seems like the reverse of how parents bring up their children - as they get more grown-up, they are freer to make their own decisions.

It's another interesting argument that the state that allows its citizens freedom of choice is described as a junta. "Junta" used to be a word that meant military dictatorship, as I remember - has that changed?

:thumbsup:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
The bloke is literally arguing against considering the feelings of others. Probably the most self absorbed platform ever promulgated on NSC. I’m not sure there is a reasoned response to that attitude. He has the option of making a very small difference in his own life that may have a big positive impact on someone else’s. He wears his refusal like a badge of honour in his fight for his personal freedoms to see other people’s faces.
Please could anyone who is tempted to wear a mask around my mother, take it off. She would far rather see a face and take the tiny increased risk of death, than walk around unable to communicate at all because she can't read lips.

I know it is important that no-one should ever die of coronavirus or any other transmissible disease, but it's also important that life should be enjoyed as well. Wear masks around those who require it, don't wear masks around those who require that,. and make your own judgement for people in between.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

Unfortunately in these exceptional circumstances you need some clear rules for people to follow. Not going to work with a junta obsessed with libaterian ideals and individual freedoms, when you need people to look out for each other not just themselves.

At the end of the day trusting a population that has people that called the police when KFC ran out of chicken and voted for Boaty McBoat Face to follow guidelines was always going to be a high risk strategy.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011

I don't think he is, he seems to genuinely believe that covid is over and is keeps asserting that masks are unnecessary. The thing is he has access to the internet so there is no chance this is due to restricted sources of information and he can read and write and articulate his thoughts clearly so therefore not mentally impaired. This is a normal, functioning, educated human being which makes the whole attitude and lack of empathy simply bizarre.

Name calling or other insults will simply entrench him further and besides, like it or not, his stance would appear to be one that aligns more closely with the majority of the British population or at least those that are currently attending football matches.

As grumpy Tom says this is an interesting window into humanity right here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here