Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This Is A Public Health Information Notice On Behalf Of...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The bloke is literally arguing against considering the feelings of others. Probably the most self absorbed platform ever promulgated on NSC. I’m not sure there is a reasoned response to that attitude. He has the option of making a very small difference in his own life that may have a big positive impact on someone else’s. He wears his refusal like a badge of honour in his fight for his personal freedoms to see other people’s faces.

You carry on, don’t mind me :)
Sorry it wasn’t a pop at you, my attempt at humour wouldn’t have worked without quoting your post. :)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Like the majority of us I’m no expert. I have no idea what the “latest” scientific evidence regarding masks are. Effectiveness varies depending on the expert and our very government have provided contradictory advice for mask usage. For the record, I wear a mask and have done throughout the pandemic. But when walking around the Amex it’s clear a lot of people are either not fussed or are just going through the motions to attend the football. Masks in use just to walk into the stadium for example or using what’s clearly a reused disposable mask. Those masks are meant to be thrown away after use, not shoved in a dirty pocket and reused for the journey home.

I’m convinced at this point masks will have no effect at stopping COVID spreading at the AMEX because of the sheer number of people making mask wearing ineffective through misuse or no use. There’s no point confronting them though, just a waste of energy. People have made their choices and right or wrong, this is the ‘norm’ now. If anyone is uncomfortable with this situation I would fully understand and recommend just avoiding the AMEX. COVID in this current form or another will be around indefinitely. Despite the underlying risks though, now is the time to start taking that ‘leap’ to commence with life. With the majority double jabbed and hospitalisation remaining manageable, when is it time to take that step forward?

Mask technology hasn't suddenly changed they were and still are effective at controlling airborne particles, the issue is not the mask but not wearing one.

The main problem is that a lot of people don't seem to give a f*ck about other people and then spout on about their individual freedoms blindly ignoring that the society we are in developed into a collective approach in order to rise above the anarchy that individualism brings.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Please could anyone who is tempted to wear a mask around my mother, take it off. She would far rather see a face and take the tiny increased risk of death, than walk around unable to communicate at all because she can't read lips.

I know it is important that no-one should ever die of coronavirus or any other transmissible disease, but it's also important that life should be enjoyed as well. Wear masks around those who require it, don't wear masks around those who require that,. and make your own judgement for people in between.

Does your mum have anything tattooed on her forehead to help us identify her?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
At the end of the day trusting a population that has people that called the police when KFC ran out of chicken and voted for Boaty McBoat Face to follow guidelines was always going to be a high risk strategy.

I thought Boaty McBoat was a brilliantly whimsical and gently subversive prank to which many people contributed in good humour and does not deserve to be lumped in with whomever that KFC 999 person was (who must be someone either with serious learning difficulties or a thoughtless dickhead).

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You carry on, don’t mind me :)
Sorry it wasn’t a pop at you, my attempt at humour wouldn’t have worked without quoting your post. :)

:) yeah I understood the humour . There was some irony in the posting times. I’m just catching up on this thread and seeing people express their worries and some bloke basically replying ‘tough shit, I want to see your face.’ We are seriously considering cancelling our ST btw because of the attitudes displayed at the Watford game, lack of club enforcement of their own rules and certain posters on NSC. Not a traditional flounce but to be even considering it is major for us.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Please could anyone who is tempted to wear a mask around my mother, take it off. She would far rather see a face and take the tiny increased risk of death, than walk around unable to communicate at all because she can't read lips.

I know it is important that no-one should ever die of coronavirus or any other transmissible disease, but it's also important that life should be enjoyed as well. Wear masks around those who require it, don't wear masks around those who require that,. and make your own judgement for people in between.

so how do you determine who needs protection to they need to wear some form of identification label or live in groups together away from other people?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
My wife tested positive today and we have been very careful throughout this poxy virus.
My lateral flow was negative, but we both went for PCRs this morning and I will be very surprised if I don’t catch the bugger.:smile::down:

I was chatting to a woman in my local park last week, her brother had to cancel his holiday as he tested positive for Covid. He (apparently) had no symptoms at all and has had both vaccines.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
so how do you determine who needs protection to they need to wear some form of identification label or live in groups together away from other people?

You don't know. Just as you don't know who suffers irrational anxiety about covid to the extent that they won't enter an otherwise-empty shop if a single person is unmasked. The point is that not everything in life should be covid-related. There are other considerations.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Covid has been eradicated in Burnley. That’s what some bloke told my daughter when she was wearing a mask in the Cricket Club pre match.

I had similar on a recent trip to Wroclaw, all the locals were horrified we were wearing masks!

When the train got over the border at Frankfurt Oder all the Poles on mass removed their masks.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
:) yeah I understood the humour . There was some irony in the posting times. I’m just catching up on this thread and seeing people express their worries and some bloke basically replying ‘tough shit, I want to see your face.’ We are seriously considering cancelling our ST btw because of the attitudes displayed at the Watford game, lack of club enforcement of their own rules and certain posters on NSC. Not a traditional flounce but to be even considering it is major for us.

To be honest after the last 2 games I can’t say I was 100% comfortable being in crowds again after 18 months of not doing much socially.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Covid has been eradicated in Burnley. That’s what some bloke told my daughter when she was wearing a mask in the Cricket Club pre match.

TBH even if I was an airborne disease I’d still find any excuse to stay the **** out of Burnley

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Being double jabbed is not a silver bullet, you are as likely to pass on covid as you were not jabbed, it means if you get it you are far less likely to get seriously ill but it is no guarantee. Sadly this is the new world now, it is here as a permanent feature of our lives. Not sure if the carefree matchday experience can ever be the same again for a lot of people that is why in reality I expect crowds to be 25000 most games and the waiting list has gone hasn't it ? It is mean't to be a fun day out but clearly for many it is wrought with worry which is understandable. The club is in a no win situation

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm surprised that you think "these are the rules and you must follow them because we say so" is more grown up than "these are the guidelines and we recommend you use your own judgement". That seems like the reverse of how parents bring up their children - as they get more grown-up, they are freer to make their own decisions.

It's another interesting argument that the state that allows its citizens freedom of choice is described as a junta. "Junta" used to be a word that meant military dictatorship, as I remember - has that changed?

Given that people are crapping in takeaway cartons of Bournemouth beach, proudly showing flares up their arses, and voting for football mascots to be mayor I’d say “the reverse of bringing children up” is needed?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

He could be right, if I was a Covid virus I wouldn’t hand around in Burnley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here