Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This Is A Public Health Information Notice On Behalf Of...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I didn't tell you to man up. I commented about an old lady whose fears of covid appear to be so strong as to be irrational. Nothing to do with mental health, yours or anyone else's.

An elderly person you don’t know waits to go into a chippy until it looks safe. Nothing irrational about that in a pandemic. She might do similar on another day if there are a bunch of aggressive teenagers in there. To question her mental state is actually really unusual.

Fear of covid per se isn't irrational. Where it risks becoming irrational is in, for example, closing schools because of the fear a child might die of coronavirus while keeping them open when flu is about, or (as the OP to this thread) putting himself in a situation where the risk of catching it is (random number) 3% and then complaining that other peoples' actions have made it (another random number) 3.1%. The additional danger caused by choosing to go to the match and spending time in the concourse other than absolute necessities, is far higher than the additional risk caused by other people not wearing cheap disposable masks.

You have literally made that up

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
You don't know. Just as you don't know who suffers irrational anxiety about covid to the extent that they won't enter an otherwise-empty shop if a single person is unmasked. The point is that not everything in life should be covid-related. There are other considerations.

Anxiety about Covid is not irrational.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Anxiety about Covid is not irrational.
Never? Doesn't that depend what you're frightened of? I've seen people on here commenting about people who drive, alone, in their car with the windows closed, and wearing a mask, suggesting that that isn't rational. Are you saying that it is a reasonable and proportionate fear, that you might be infected while alone in your car?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
An elderly person you don’t know waits to go into a chippy until it looks safe. Nothing irrational about that in a pandemic. She might do similar on another day if there are a bunch of aggressive teenagers in there. To question her mental state is actually really unusual.
To suggest that someone is irrational is not to question their mental health. That's just silly.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Given that people are crapping in takeaway cartons of Bournemouth beach, proudly showing flares up their arses, and voting for football mascots to be mayor I’d say “the reverse of bringing children up” is needed?

I got the clap and crabs off a German bird in the 80's ........just saying.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
... absolutely no-one. Tho it absolutely should be. All you happy fans piling off the trains without a care, without a mask? All those mask-free beery shouty conversations on the concourses? Yeah right you're all invincible superheros. Aren't we all eh? Tho maybe your mum or nan isn't. You might just accidentally pass something on to them that causes them some serious health problems. You should have a serious word with yourselves. Plenty of festivals belatedly realising the reality. Educate yourself. Take a test. Before and after games. Wear a mask. Either that or just keep calm and carry on and don't give a shit about anybody other than your sefish self :shrug:

Stop it will you, you moany old git. Life very much needs to get back to normal or we'll all go mad. If you can't handle it, then lock yourself away until there's no more Covid around which could be a very very very long time.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Oh FFS.

You're turning into a right old moany git THPP.

You won't like it but it's freedom of choice and people have to live with the consequences of their choices

Some people have to live with the consequence of other people’s choices.

I don’t blame people. They follow the lead they are set. We live in a pretty selfish society so I don’t expect anyone to do something if they are not asked to.

Hell, over half the blokes using the loo never wash their hands - which amazes me. I’d be a very angry and busy guy if I tried to remonstrate with everyone who didn’t.

Simple advice should be, “Pop a mask on when moving about the place or in busy confined spaces. It just helps us look after others.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Stop it will you, you moany old git. Life very much needs to get back to normal or we'll all go mad. If you can't handle it, then lock yourself away until there's no more Covid around which could be a very very very long time.

I don’t see it as moaning if I see it as a plea for us all to do our bit to help the NHS clear the backlog of operations.

We’ve got our football back. Nobody is really infringing on anyone’s rights if we all wear a mask every now and then. And it reduces unnecessary hospitalizations. That can’t be a bad thing can it?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If you are worried about catching Covid don’t go to a mass public event. Pretty simple.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I don’t see it as moaning if I see it as a plea for us all to do our bit to help the NHS clear the backlog of operations.

We’ve got our football back. Nobody is really infringing on anyone’s rights if we all wear a mask every now and then. And it reduces unnecessary hospitalizations. That can’t be a bad thing can it?

It certainly is a bad thing. We need to get control of our lives back right now. We've been apparently "helping the NHS" for 18 months now and as a result given up our freedom. Well, enough is enough. And masks are useless anyway.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It certainly is a bad thing. We need to get control of our lives back right now. We've been apparently "helping the NHS" for 18 months now and as a result given up our freedom. Well, enough is enough. And masks are useless anyway.

I am genuinely interested to understand the mentality of non mask-wearers. Simplistically, it is either ignorance or selfishness. In this case - given all the evidence - I have to conclude that it's ignorance. However, I guess you could ALSO be selfish? Or maybe there's another reason that I'm missing?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I think you’ll find that the evidence suggests that is not true.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Do one. There's high levels of covid still swirling around our community. We're two home games into the tentative steps to normality of allowing full houses at football. The club asked people to wear masks. The transport companies asked people to wear masks. Genuinely intererested as to which part the hard-of-thinking don't understand?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I’m sorry your wife tested positive. I hope she isn’t feeling ill with it.

Thank you.
She isn’t too bad really. A bit bunged up, headachy and a few aches here and there.
She was much worse when she had the flu a couple of years ago.
Looks like the jabs have done their job in reducing the symptoms.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
This thread is a great resource for discovering which NSC posters have a little bit of consideration towards their fellow human beings, and those who seem to be congenitally selfish*. Many thanks to the OP for setting up this little experiment.

*PS: Happy to hear a reasoned explanation as to why non mask-wearing in the concourses etc is NOT selfish.....

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You can't always choose your neighbours, but you CAN choose not to go to places with crowds.

Life is back to normal. Covid is no longer a real threat to an overwhelming majority of us, nor the NHS. If people still want to shield themselves it is their freedom to do so, but mask wearing is simply not required anymore.

Been near a hospital recently? You're wrong. COVID is still putting people in ITU, still causing severe complications - often now in young people who may suffer the consequences forever, if they survive. Perhaps most importantly, it's still very effectively preventing the NHS from getting on with the business of saving other people's lives, whether that's an emergency admission or a planned operation - and winter's not even begun.

It's pretty well-established that the simple acts of taking a bit of care and wearing a mask would help immensely but, you know, far more important that peoplehave their freedom to behave like selfish bell-ends I suppose...

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I am genuinely interested to understand the mentality of non mask-wearers. Simplistically, it is either ignorance or selfishness. In this case - given all the evidence - I have to conclude that it's ignorance. However, I guess you could ALSO be selfish? Or maybe there's another reason that I'm missing?

It's the mentality of mask wearers that worries me. Non mask wearers are just normal people doing what people have always done, living their lives without covering their faces. The next thing if we're not careful will be a percentage of people wearing masks every winter because it's the flu season. We are in danger of becoming a nation of wimps.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Nah, I’m not taking that from you. If you aren’t worried about catching Covid then you are unsafe and should be excluded from mass public events. Simpler.

I am concerned about catching it. I’ve seen several family members I’ll with COVID. But I have taken it on board and realise if I’m going to go to the football, use trains pubs etc there is a higher chance of me catching it than there is if i stay at home. So if you are worried and don’t want to take the risk, don’t go. For those that do think the risk is worth it then let them crack on.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
It's the mentality of mask wearers that worries me. Non mask wearers are just normal people doing what people have always done, living their lives without covering their faces. The next thing if we're not careful will be a percentage of people wearing masks every winter because it's the flu season. We are in danger of becoming a nation of wimps.

Is the earth flat and David Icke the messiah as well?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here