Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This Is A Public Health Information Notice On Behalf Of...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I've been double jabbed and been in close contact with covid positive people without knowing. Never caught it(as far as I know) and test myself every week as a min and when been in close contact confirmed, do daily LFT tests as advised by track and trace. It's about living with the disease but being cautious. The family member who had it last week was 30 healthy and it still was quite unpleasant for him for a week although he had been jabbed once and believed he couldn't catch it as he'd been jabbed!

I'm as careful as anyone gets and had successfully avoided it for 18 months. My wife and I now both have it. It seems that being cautious makes little difference once others give up on keeping their hands clean and wearing masks in public/crowded indoor spaces.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Each to their own. If people were really worried about transmission they wouldn't mix in any crowded places, it's as simple as that.

It's clear the majority of people are happy to trust the vaccine.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You say this as if it's a bad thing. In reality it's what produces new freedoms and prevents a dictatorship. Always question and push the edges !

I agree that in many contexts 'disruptiveness' is the basis for progress. Drug discovery, an area about which I know plenty, is one. In terms of healthcare, social policy and education it is a recipe for chaos.

Cummings was a perfect example of a disrupter, but in politics you need to be elected or employed to make your disruption effective, so pushing your own personal boundaries (the Covid wekend drive) then (so he says) resigning leaves you ineffective.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm as careful as anyone gets and had successfully avoided it for 18 months. My wife and I now both have it. It seems that being cautious makes little difference once others give up on keeping their hands clean and wearing masks in public/crowded indoor spaces.

May I ask whether you were double vaccinated?

Matt Penfold

Banned
Aug 21, 2021
Our government have provided contradictory advice on masks. Start of the pandemic they were not advised. Then were. Now they’re only ‘recommend if you can”.

Partly that was because at the start of the pandemic in the UK there was no supply of cloth masks, and to have the public buying up surgical masks would have left medical professionals with even less supply than they had. Also, it was not understood early on that a significant number of people can be infected and be unaware of that, but would be capable of infecting others.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolutely it would. We could even go one step further and bring back social distancing, limit capacities of shops and stadia, and so on.

But what's the end goal in doing so?

Masks may slow down infection rates, but what are we slowing down for exactly? We currently have an immune population, with over 95% of people having covid antibodies in their systems.

Everyone is going to get exposed to covid at some point in their daily lives... and for most, there is no better time than now.

I think some people will believe that we should be wearing masks forever. Afterall, covid and flu are going to be around forever. Under what conditions will mask wearers believe will be the opportune time to ditch them?

When it is clear that having an annual double jab will protect me from death, with the latest mutation 'covered' (we should know this by December I recon), even if there is a significant minority of the population wandering about without being vaccinated. I thought I was safe at the Amex on Saturday but on reflection this may not have been the case, so it will be mask back on for the next game. I would like to see it mandatory at crowded events and in crowded public spaces when it can't be guaranteed that everyone is double jabbed or immunized by dint of prior illness.

Back to school will be interesting, and new cases towards the end of September will be worth careful examination.

Matt Penfold

Banned
Aug 21, 2021
When it is clear that having an annual double jab will protect me from death, with the latest mutation 'covered' (we should know this by December I recon), even if there is a significant minority of the population wandering about without being vaccinated. I thought I was safe at the Amex on Saturday but on reflection this may not have been the case, so it will be mask back on for the next game. I would like to see it mandatory at crowded events and in crowded public spaces when it can't be guaranteed that everyone is double jabbed or immunized by dint of prior illness.

Back to school will be interesting, and new cases towards the end of September will be worth careful examination.

Here in Wales it still is mandatory, except for customers in hospitably venues, but I have noticed most people are still choosing to wear a mask in pubs, restaurants and cafes. I am told though that trains travelling from England to Wales have seen a lot of passengers not putting on masks when the train crosses the border.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You will never be safer from covid than you are now.

As a double vaccinated, presumably healthy 60 something you have nothing to worry about.

You were completely safe at The Amex.
You were exposed to covid numerous times that day, and blissfully unaware. Vaccines & the human immune system are amazing like that.

Mask wearing/not wearing just seems to instil fear in people.

Truly a bizarre and uninformed statement but that seems to be par for the course from this poster.

I do genuinely hope you believe what you are typing because if you are just trolling then you are a sick ****.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How is it possible to be any safer from covid other than be double vaccinated and/or with regular exposure to the virus?

You stated double vaccinated people have nothing to worry about. If that were the case, there would be no double vaccinated people in hospital. Equally, you cannot make a statement that you were completely safe at the Amex.

Like I said, you are a sick uneducated ****.

Dillis

Aug 29, 2021
You stated double vaccinated people have nothing to worry about. If that were the case, there would be no double vaccinated people in hospital. Equally, you cannot make a statement that you were completely safe at the Amex.

Like I said, you are a sick uneducated ****.

Of course people that have been double vaccinated will be in hospital as more and more people have been jabbed twice. There will always be people vulnerable to Covid, like they have been to pneumonias and flus before. But Covid is not the only health issue out there, there is no daily count of cancers and other health issues. This virus will be around forever, but we can't wear face nappies forever, got to get back on with life and stop hiding under our beds. I have had both jabs and won't allow this to take over my life anymore. I respect all opinions though which is important to critically analyse both sides of every argument or issue.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Under that rationale you're never safe in any situation from anything.

People are never going to be any safer from covid than they are once they have been vaccinated. Ever.

I'm not sure what you are trying to advocate here. Do you expect people to live in fear for the rest of their lives?

People need to get real here. If you're vaccinated, you're as safe as you're ever going to be. There's no point living in fear anymore - and if you're that scared of dying from covid, then you need to stop going to events where 30,000 people attend as it's a statistical certainty you will pass people with covid numerous times.

You're avoiding answering the points I made.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

People are never going to be any safer from covid than they are once they have been vaccinated. Ever.

I'm not sure what you are trying to advocate here. Do you expect people to live in fear for the rest of their lives?

People need to get real here. If you're vaccinated, you're as safe as you're ever going to be. There's no point living in fear anymore - and if you're that scared of dying from covid, then you need to stop going to events where 30,000 people attend as it's a statistical certainty you will pass people with covid numerous times.

But passing them means nothing. It is exposure of more than 15 minutes that is the issue. However if all people ar.wearing masks of a certain standard over their nose and mouth, that risk drops.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
It is entirely possible to catch covid by merely passing someone. You could walk into virus loaded vapour or sputum from an infected person by chance, for example.

The probability of catching covid obviously increases as the duration in close proximity with an infected person does, but there is no 15 minute rule.

I would say the greatest chance of catching covid at the Amex would be in your seats, during the game. Covid viral particles will be flying around everywhere as people sing, jump, cough and swear in close proximity throughout numerous rows and on several tiers for an extended period of time.

But again, it shouldn't worry you if you're double vaccinated...

15 minutes has been the general agreed time that you are in danger of being.exposed to infection.

Of.course if you go and lick snot off an infected person, you are probably not going to need 15 minutes exposure.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The OP raises a good point, admittedly raised in his usual, of late, robust manner.

People are asked to wear face coverings on trains and inside the stadium (although not in their seats) and a majority aren't anymore. What really annoyed me was people ordering food and drink at the kiosk and not wearing a face covering for 120 seconds of their day to help protect and show a bit of respect towards someone earning minimum wage to keep you fed and watered.

I suspect the government have washed their hands of trying mandating people to do it but if the figures keep on going up, which they will when the schools then universities go back, and the political winds change I wouldn't put it past them legislating for it.

Cases in England are going down

Cases in Scotland are going up - Scotland is driving the UK rise.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

You’re getting stick on here. But you’re correct.
Going to the Amex will expose people to many infections. Including Covid.
For the record, if one is going to attend an event with so many people, wear a mask. Get to your seat quickly. If one can’t manage that, or it scares people, stay home.

I wear my mask where it is sensible or required. Not because I think it’s of much use at the point but because it makes my life easier. At some point soon though I will ditch the mask everywhere. But I wouldn’t be going to any event where 30,000 people are in attendance if I was that scared of Covid. And I certainly wouldn’t come on here afterwards, screaming that people aren’t playing by the rules. What do you expect?

You’re in a stadium with 30,000 people. The driver on the 700 can’t get all 15 people on the bus to wear a mask FFS! What did you think it was going to be like?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You’re getting stick on here. But you’re correct.
Going to the Amex will expose people to many infections. Including Covid.
For the record, if one is going to attend an event with so many people, wear a mask. Get to your seat quickly. If one can’t manage that, or it scares people, stay home.

I wear my mask where it is sensible or required. Not because I think it’s of much use at the point but because it makes my life easier. At some point soon though I will ditch the mask everywhere. But I wouldn’t be going to any event where 30,000 people are in attendance if I was that scared of Covid. And I certainly wouldn’t come on here afterwards, screaming that people aren’t playing by the rules. What do you expect?

You’re in a stadium with 30,000 people. The driver on the 700 can’t get all 15 people on the bus to wear a mask FFS! What did you think it was going to be like?

Lay off the pretendence stuff TC, there were 23k at the match on Saturday - 20,699 BHA, 2,300 Everton and 1 THFC glory hunter (Kinky G)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You will never be safer from covid than you are now.

As a double vaccinated, presumably healthy 60 something you have nothing to worry about.

You were completely safe at The Amex. You were exposed to covid numerous times that day, and blissfully unaware. Vaccines & the human immune system are amazing like that.

Mask wearing/not wearing just seems to instil fear in people.

Sadly not. I have been on and off with lung infections for several years. Currently sleeping downstairs because of my disruptive cough.

Well, that was the reason the missus gave me, anyhow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here