Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This Is A Public Health Information Notice On Behalf Of...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That’s the truth and makes me very disappointed that the club hasn’t handled this better.

I’m sure that the vast majority who went to the match yesterday would call themselves BHAFC supporters yet when asked by the club to comply with a simple act to help protect their staff and other fans the response by most was to raise two fingers.

Those who refused to follow a simple request from the club have no right to call themselves supporters.

Anyone thinking about going to future games can now only assess the risk to themselves and others on the basis that there will be no Covid precautions in place at the ground.

I'm very Covid-insecure. I went to the game without a mask yesterday, mindful of the club's requirement that we be covid-passported etc. I don't recall seeing any messages telling me to wear a mask. There were none at the stadium. Nobody made me feel uncomfortable for not wearing a mask....

There is no way I'd have tried to blag my way in without the Covid passport. It hadn't occurred to me that I could.

So....but....I can't...hang on, my season ticket updates itself on my phone, and I didn't prove to the club I have been jabbed....yes I had my Covid pass but what if I hadn't, and hoped to blag my way in? They weren't checking very carefully if at all. I could have shown someone else's Covid pass....and the government Covid pass will always come up 'safe' for me because I don't use the App. It is valid only for 2 days but there are no checks each time I order the pass....it isn't worth the paper it's written on. It simply proves that at some point I have been double jabbed. I could still have Covid....The only thing the stewards can check is the Covid pass....

So the stadium could have been full of blaggers never jabbed.

But it wasn't. People were not turned away, when the checks on covid passes were being done, were they? Did anyone see anyone turned away?

However, going forward, who knows?

And what about those double jabbed, with a Covid pass, who have unknowingly got Covid?

I am not going to slag off the club yet....

But....masks. Boris says we don't have to wear them....

I'd say fewer than 10% were wearing masks on West Upper, queuing for food, when I was there. I felt safe because I assumed everyone was double jabbed.

Perhaps I'm naive.

I have done it again, haven't I? I have trusted Boris. Even though I hate him and am a labour party member. :facepalm:

We should be wearing masks in public places and I will go back to doing so.....embarrassed now :facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Horseshit. You’re far more likely to catch it in a crowded Brighton pub, from your kids/grandkids or the local corner shop.

*virtually everyone attending/travelling to and from the match was either double-jabbed or had a negative test, so risk is absolutely minimal
*sample testing was in place to confirm this
*the concourses didn’t show the early match (well, WSL didn’t and the club pre-match info stated it wouldn’t be shown)
*the train to Lewes post-match was almost empty at 6pm

Anyone really worried about catching Covid now needs to manage their own risk tolerance, not expect the protected vast majority of the population to do it for them. Evidently 5k+ of our ‘loyal fans’ did that by not turning up.

BTW, I wore my mask on the concourse and on the train because I’m happy to contribute a teeny amount to limiting transmission.

Last week the TVs on the concourse were definitely on with Jeff Stelling doing the scores.

We’ve only got people’s word that they’ve tested negative. Yes, my pass was checked but I got there early. Nsc posters were saying on here, that queues were abandoned because they got so long.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Last week the TVs on the concourse were definitely on with Jeff Stelling doing the scores.

We’ve only got people’s word that they’ve tested negative. Yes, my pass was checked but I got there early. Nsc posters were saying on here, that queues were abandoned because they got so long.

Not in WSL. Screens have only had messages on the last 2 weeks.

The checking is a control…..because people expect it to happen, most will comply. Agree the LFT thing is rubbish as it’s easily skirted, but the majority are double-jabbed anyway. Its a pretty small % that will submit a false LFT to get in.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

ESU ..just messages no sport ..and I’ll take the way they are doing it

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just like to vary the tone a bit H. Nobody enjoys being constantly called a moany git. Not even us moany gits

That thought did occur to me :thumbsup:

I try to vary my tone for similar reasons, with variable results.

Your thread made me give my head a wobble (see my rambling post). I fear we Brits are Existentialists, always testing the limits of freedoms and the consequences of stepping over lines, and questioning where the lines should be and, indeed whether the lines should in fact be curves, or even not existant at all :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not in WSL. Screens have only had messages on the last 2 weeks.

The checking is a control…..because people expect it to happen, most will comply. Agree the LFT thing is rubbish as it’s easily skirted, but the majority are double-jabbed anyway. Its a pretty small % that will submit a false LFT to get in.

I’ve already said twice, I’m in the north stand. 95% weren’t wearing masks, and I struggled just to get to the ladies before kick off.
Being double jabbed makes the virus milder, but it doesn’t stop people being carriers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are you a scientist or is this based on your youtube research?

It is bollocks.

And I say that as someone duped into not wearing a mask yesterday.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’ve already said twice, I’m in the north stand. 95% weren’t wearing masks, and I struggled just to get to the ladies before kick off.
Being double jabbed makes the virus milder, but it doesn’t stop people being carriers.

Thought you said you didn’t go….I think Dazzer knows the risks ..he’s choosing one way you another ..that not ok?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I’d guess 80% not wearing in WSL………

Carrying it to whom ? I know I can still carry it, I know I can still catch it, I know I might get a bit ill from it - but being double jabbed means I’m extremely unlikely to get seriously ill from it, not that I have some amazing protective shield from it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m neither, but with the vast majority of the population double-jabbed, I’m tending towards the same view. Remove all restrictions providing hospitalisations remain within manageable levels.

Agree with most of that but I don't see how wearing a mask is a hardship.

Over 100 deaths a day now, with numbers going up, talk that the vaccine wanes in effectiveness after 5 months, and the possibility of a new variant mutant appearing in the Autumn.

It may feel great to pretend it is over (I was part of that, with no mask, on Saturday), but everyone should be wearing a mask at a crowded football match, and on the train.

I wonder how stringent the rules were for the Everton fans? They got in with at least 2 flares. ID checked? Covid pass checked? Hmmmm....

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
He’s right. Some people won’t live with the consequences of their actions.
I felt very uncomfortable in the north stand, with the concourse rammed with people not wearing masks.
133 people died yesterday. That’s over 1000 in August.

I am double vaccinated but still feel nervy.

Anyone rocking up to a ring-fenced environment packed with 30,000 people forfeits the right to moan that other people are risking spreading Covid. Mask or no mask, YOU are the problem. Talk about ignorant :facepalm:

Personally I think we need to take the risk, life needs to return to normal for the vast majority of us but Jeez Loiuse! How can anyone who is at the stadium have the gall to dig anyone else out?!

COVID really has changed the world, you two on polar opposite sides, and most of Australia’s population in lockdown. Wouldn’t have believed either two years ago.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That thought did occur to me :thumbsup:

I try to vary my tone for similar reasons, with variable results.

Your thread made me give my head a wobble (see my rambling post). I fear we Brits are Existentialists, always testing the limits of freedoms and the consequences of stepping over lines, and questioning where the lines should be and, indeed whether the lines should in fact be curves, or even not existant at all :shrug:

4hgl0v.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't think it takes an epidemiologist to ascertain that we do need regular exposure to the virus to maintain the levels of immunity that we currently have... and we are, even if we don't know it.

As someone who isn't an epidemiologist, it seems like common sense that we return to normal exposure to covid, considering there is no reason that we shouldn't be back to normal now.

I follow your reasoning.

But why do we have a flu vac every year?

If Covid mutates like flu (it does, by the way) won't we need a new Covid vac every year?

In the mean time....is it safe to go back to normal? You maybe. Me? I'm 63 and have lung problems.

Don't misunderstand. I want to go back to normal and, rather foolishly it now seems, did so yesterday.

Now, I just feel that Boris has taken another punt and some of us, including me, are the stake.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree with most of that but I don't see how wearing a mask is a hardship.

Over 100 deaths a day now, with numbers going up, talk that the vaccine wanes in effectiveness after 5 months, and the possibility of a new variant mutant appearing in the Autumn.

It may feel great to pretend it is over (I was part of that, with no mask, on Saturday), but everyone should be wearing a mask at a crowded football match, and on the train.

I wonder how stringent the rules were for the Everton fans? They got in with at least 2 flares. ID checked? Covid pass checked? Hmmmm....

As per my earlier post, I stayed masked up in the concourse and on the train (and in the restaurant afterwards etc), and happy to do so for as long as the ‘experts’ think it helps, even if marginally. That doesn’t necessarily accord with my views on whether I think it’s effective, but I try not to be a **** most of the time.

At Burnley no-one gave a flying ***k, so I suspect we treated the away fans similarly

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

We were NS. Arrived about 20mins before KO and didn't have any checks done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here