Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This Is A Public Health Information Notice On Behalf Of...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If people really cared they wouldn't go to the match. But I suppose "me first" is about right. I think it's incredibly naive to turn up to the event and then have a go at others because they are not being as careful as you are. In a stadium of 30,000 people that you are one of :lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Very admirable stance. Tho complete negates your completely worthless previous post. Cock

I think you need to calm down. You weren't so worried that you avoided the match. You are part of the "problem" you claim to be so concerned about.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My Covid status wasn't checked at all yesterday going into the ground (WSL). Shocking. To then be confronted with a number of people in the concourse not wearing masks was quite unnerving based on this. For many of us the football is a real "pushing it" thing for risks we're prepared to accept right now and the claims of being Covid secure through checks have made it so.

Those passing through the concourses to their seats should wear a mask stopping those wishing to eat and drink from getting covid. Seems obvious to me those pie munching beer swigging fellows don't deserve being infected by these selfish ones who gaily waltz past to the open air.

We all know a beer stops you from infecting anyone else.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If people really cared they wouldn't go to the match. But I suppose "me first" is about right. I think it's incredibly naive to turn up to the event and then have a go at others because they are not being as careful as you are. In a stadium of 30,000 people that you are one of :lolol:

I only went to the Watford game and felt so uncomfortable, I gave yesterday a swerve.
I was fine attending the Man City game earlier this year when people complied.

I don’t know when I’ll go again or if i will renew next March. I shall just have to support from my living room until this virus dies down.

I was naive enough to think at least a few people would be considerate of others who have immunity problems, or cannot have the jabs for some reason.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think you need to calm down. You weren't so worried that you avoided the match. You are part of the "problem" you claim to be so concerned about.

I don’t really understand this take on it. In a community it seems reasonable to look out for others. You can do this by wearing a mask, looking away when someone walks past, spending as much time as possible in the seats rather than the concourse. It’s a recognition that actions have consequences and if you consider others you are very much not a part of the problem. No one thinks going to a football match is risk free in current circumstances and equally it seems reasonable to point out selfish behaviour from people who don’t give a **** about society.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sensible OP. With thumbs ups from the chattering nsc classes.

But in the real world of the concourses and park n ride buses, 10,000’s have decided that the pandemic is nearly over and/or simply want to have a great time without a face covering.

I think the club and anyone else who cares, have lost the war.

Let’s not pick on football. From what I’ve seen masks are generally not now warn on packed trains, my clubbing/pubbing teenage son informs me that literally no one is wearing a mask.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I only went to the Watford game and felt so uncomfortable, I gave yesterday a swerve.
I was fine attending the Man City game earlier this year when people complied.

I don’t know when I’ll go again or if i will renew next March. I shall just have to support from my living room until this virus dies down.

I was naive enough to think at least a few people would be considerate of others who have immunity problems, or cannot have the jabs for some reason.

I am sorry to hear that TB

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Educate yourself... Take a test.

Prior to Covid I was self-employed, and when that work vanished overnight, I scrambled around for a job, any job, and ended up delivery driving for Tesco. The best pandemic education one could wish for, I reckon, outside of qualifying as an epidemiologist, or working on the frontline in a hospital or care-home. I can roughly divide the last 18 months into three parts: a. Fear (wtf is going on and how can we all help stop it); b. Frustration (when is this all going to end and how can we all help end it); c. Complacency (Most of us are double-vaxxed now so what's the point/it's not as bad as 'they' made us think).

In the first year or so, I met maybe a handful of people who said they had or had had Covid. In the last three months I've lost count and without exception they'd all had at least one jab, and they were all shocked to the core at how awful and scary the symptoms were.

So, yeah, wear a mask and keep testing. And don't spout "Freedom" at me or you soon may very well be wheezing "Free....dom" at me through your intubation.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

The Albion has hosted twice in two saturdays the two public gatherings with by far the most potential to be super-speader events in our county. Packed trains with little or no ventilation, packed concourses showing the early match and all the beery shouty conversation that goes with it. No masks to speak of worn on either trains or concourses. I don't need to calm down. You need to grow up. Ditto all the mask-dodgers at the Amex

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Life returning to normal. Should be cause for celebration, not for whining. You’re like that wee Japanese fella who kept fighting the war decades after it was over. Have a beer and a burger and settle down :)

It would be a cause for celebration if was as cut and dried as you seem to suggest. 33k+ cases today and 61 deaths. Tom Hark is right - this particular war isn't over at all. Although it is for those 61.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don’t really understand this take on it. In a community it seems reasonable to look out for others. You can do this by wearing a mask, looking away when someone walks past, spending as much time as possible in the seats rather than the concourse. It’s a recognition that actions have consequences and if you consider others you are very much not a part of the problem. No one thinks going to a football match is risk free in current circumstances and equally it seems reasonable to point out selfish behaviour from people who don’t give a **** about society.

Yeah, I do get what you're saying. My take on it is, if someone claims to be so concerned with the potential for spreading Covid, hoping that 30,000 people are all going to comply is somewhat naive so they can't be that concerned or they would, like Thunderbolt, avoid the match altogether.

To repeat and simplify; anyone who claims to be concerned about Covid and then goes to a stadium with 30,000 people, is full of shite. IMHO :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Albion has hosted twice in two saturdays the two public gatherings with by far the most potential to be super-speader events in our county. Packed trains with little or no ventilation, packed concourses showing the early match and all the beery shouty conversation that goes with it. No masks to speak of worn on either trains or concourses. I don't need to calm down. You need to grow up. Ditto all the mask-dodgers at the Amex

Yet, you went yesterday. You're full of shite and should stop digging people out and calling them selfish. You're the most selfish of the lot; claiming to care but going anyway. Wind your neck in.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Prior to Covid I was self-employed, and when that work vanished overnight, I scrambled around for a job, any job, and ended up delivery driving for Tesco. The best pandemic education one could wish for, I reckon, outside of qualifying as an epidemiologist, or working on the frontline in a hospital or care-home. I can roughly divide the last 18 months into three parts: a. Fear (wtf is going on and how can we all help stop it); b. Frustration (when is this all going to end and how can we all help end it); c. Complacency (Most of us are double-vaxxed now so what's the point/it's not as bad as 'they' made us think).

In the first year or so, I met maybe a handful of people who said they had or had had Covid. In the last three months I've lost count and without exception they'd all had at least one jab, and they were all shocked to the core at how awful and scary the symptoms were.

So, yeah, wear a mask and keep testing. And don't spout "Freedom" at me or you soon may very well be wheezing "Free....dom" at me through your intubation.

:clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
On the trains, fair enough perhaps, as it is possible although unlikely to be exposed to a large viral load.

But in the stadium, people shouldn't have to wear them. Completely unnecessary.

You wouldn’t have said that if you were standing in the queue for a coffee with ignorant twats pushing through the queues. When I want to get along the concourse, I move to the very back and work my way along …but no..self important twats want to push their way though the queues.

Not a mask in sight, even though it says on the TVs that when queueing to wear masks until you have cleared the kiosks and want to drink or eat.

I have been to very busy places in Cornwall the last few weeks where the rates are horrendous and people there do wear masks in queues, even outside and in all shops…

If this is what is going to be like in the future, I will give the place a miss until I have had my booster jab!

It was absolutely dreadful there yesterday

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yet, you went yesterday. You're full of shite and should stop digging people out and calling them selfish. You're the most selfish of the lot; claiming to care but going anyway. Wind your neck in.

Said it before, say it again: your posts make no sense :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I meant calm down in respect to you calling people names. No need for it. If you are concerned about going into an area where people are adhering to the rules and are a risk, don't go. It's really that simple. It's not mandatory to attend football matches.

I have spent 18 months going into high risk places and being around very high risk people. I had no choice unless I quit my job. So when you are choosing to go into a high risk environment that you are not required to be anywhere near, I have little sympathy for you.

Peace :cheers:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You wouldn’t have said that if you were standing in the queue for a coffee with ignorant twats pushing through the queues. When I want to get along the concourse, I move to the very back and work my way along …but no..self important twats want to push their way though the queues.

Not a mask in sight, even though it says on the TVs that when queueing to wear masks until you have cleared the kiosks and want to drink or eat.

I have been to very busy places in Cornwall the last few weeks where the rates are horrendous and people there do wear masks in queues, even outside and in all shops…

If this is what is going to be like in the future, I will give the place a miss until I have had my booster jab!

It was absolutely dreadful there yesterday

It will be interesting to hear PBs response if this observation is brought up at the Fans Forum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here