Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This Is A Public Health Information Notice On Behalf Of...

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
They will have the devil's own job trying to get people to comply now. If you set boundaries and allow people to cross them, you're screwed.

Surely they just need to set an example and actually physically eject in full view of everyone those not wearing masks.
People will soon realise they are taking it serious.
Currently there are no consequences for them.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I only went to the Watford game and felt so uncomfortable, I gave yesterday a swerve.
I was fine attending the Man City game earlier this year when people complied.

I don’t know when I’ll go again or if i will renew next March. I shall just have to support from my living room until this virus dies down.

I was naive enough to think at least a few people would be considerate of others who have immunity problems, or cannot have the jabs for some reason.

I agree with every word, I felt exactly the same. I was shocked by the lack of mask wearing. I travel to the games with Seagull Travel, where masks are compulsory on the coach. Obviously quite a few people (mostly men), thought that it didn’t apply to them!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The problem, Tom, isn't that some people care about coronavirus and others don't. The problem is that people have different ideas as to what is proportionate.

There is a long line of possible reactions to the current situation, ranging from at one end total isolation and only eating tinned food which has been isolated for 3 days, and at the other end no restrictions at all. There is a huge range of other options including social 2-metre isolation, total mask wearing, occasional mask wearing only when on the move, avoidance of crowds, testing regularly or occasionally, etc. etc.

Your position is that social isolation is no longer necessary, attendance in large crowds is not a problem, masks should be worn when on the move, testing (but only lateral flow) should be done regularly regardless of symptoms. That's fine, a good and coherent strategy. Where it falls down is your assumption that it not just a correct strategy, you assume that it is the only correct strategy and anyone who doesn't have your exact opinion is a selfish [deleted]. It isn't true. They just have a marginally different view of the position to what you do.

There are people who think that 30k crowds are a risk too far. I do myself - I don't have a Burnley season ticket this season because I don't want to bring covid back to my mother. (OK, 20k crowds.) My football this year will be at Accrington and non-league. But do I call you a selfish [deleted] because you have a different opinion, and because you don't object to 30k crowds even though they may spread the disease as far as my mother? No,. I don't. Because I accept there is more than one viewpoint.

Nicely put

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Always amuses me on NSC the way random weird f*ckers with nothing much to say just pop up out of the ether every now and then. Long may it remain so! :thumbsup:

You thread and the first post are very serious and timely, and poignant, yet now you're being whimsical.

What gives? ???

Last edited:

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
To be fair the only reason the club had this rule is so it appears as if it is doing something, just in case.

In reality, it doesn't matter if people wear masks or not anymore.

It would be difficult to eject non-face cover wearers; where would the club start as so many aren’t wearing them. I just checked the match day info on the website and it states that face covers must be worn when inside the stadium. I’m in the NS so they could argue that with the doors open at each end and access to the stand itself being open, these are well ventilated areas. I pity the poor stewards having to deal with enforcement if the club, with the support of some supporters, decide to be stricter on wearing face covers.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Albion has hosted twice in two saturdays the two public gatherings with by far the most potential to be super-speader events in our county. Packed trains with little or no ventilation, packed concourses showing the early match and all the beery shouty conversation that goes with it. No masks to speak of worn on either trains or concourses. I don't need to calm down. You need to grow up. Ditto all the mask-dodgers at the Amex

Horseshit. You’re far more likely to catch it in a crowded Brighton pub, from your kids/grandkids or the local corner shop.

*virtually everyone attending/travelling to and from the match was either double-jabbed or had a negative test, so risk is absolutely minimal
*sample testing was in place to confirm this
*the concourses didn’t show the early match (well, WSL didn’t and the club pre-match info stated it wouldn’t be shown)
*the train to Lewes post-match was almost empty at 6pm

Anyone really worried about catching Covid now needs to manage their own risk tolerance, not expect the protected vast majority of the population to do it for them. Evidently 5k+ of our ‘loyal fans’ did that by not turning up.

BTW, I wore my mask on the concourse and on the train because I’m happy to contribute a teeny amount to limiting transmission.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
They will have the devil's own job trying to get people to comply now. If you set boundaries and allow people to cross them, you're screwed.

That’s the truth and makes me very disappointed that the club hasn’t handled this better.

I’m sure that the vast majority who went to the match yesterday would call themselves BHAFC supporters yet when asked by the club to comply with a simple act to help protect their staff and other fans the response by most was to raise two fingers.

Those who refused to follow a simple request from the club have no right to call themselves supporters.

Anyone thinking about going to future games can now only assess the risk to themselves and others on the basis that there will be no Covid precautions in place at the ground.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really! The vast majority of those not wearing masks aren't doing so because they see it as a correct strategy. I would suggest the vast majority couldn't wait for masks not to be legally compulsory so they could ditch them regardless of the risks still involved. And let's be honest, the Government ditched them purely so they can absolve themselves from the responsibility and pass it on to individuals. Why don't they do the same about safety belts, having to have a driving licence etc etc.

I suspect that, given sufficient time and opportunity, Boris would change the laws on seat belts, albeit probably not drink driving, although when self driving cars are commonplace, who knows?

It is the duty of every man, woman, other, and child to ensure that he isn't given sufficient time or opportunity.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Horseshit. You’re far more likely to catch it in a crowded Brighton pub, from your kids/grandkids or the local corner shop.

*virtually everyone attending/travelling to and from the match was either double-jabbed or had a negative test, so risk is absolutely minimal
*the concourses didn’t show the early match (well, WSL didn’t and the club pre-match info stated it wouldn’t be shown)

Anyone really worried about catching Covid now needs to manage their own risk tolerance, not expect the protected vast majority of the population to do it for them. Evidently 5k+ of our ‘loyal fans’ did that by not turning up.

BTW, I wore my mask on the concourse and on the train because I’m happy to contribute a teeny amount to limiting transmission.

:thumbsup:

ESU concourse at HT was as quiet as I’ve ever known it….got very quickly down to one end…no one within thirty feet of me ..until Simmo rocked up

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That’s the truth and makes me very disappointed that the club hasn’t handled this better.

I’m sure that the vast majority who went to the match yesterday would call themselves BHAFC supporters yet when asked by the club to comply with a simple act to help protect their staff and other fans the response by most was to raise two fingers.

Those who refused to follow a simple request from the club have no right to call themselves supporters.

Anyone thinking about going to future games can now only assess the risk to themselves and others on the basis that there will be no Covid precautions in place at the ground.

….apart from being required to have had both jabs or prove a negative test ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Thankfully I don’t need your permission to refer to myself as a BHA supporter

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Enough with the horseshit already :shrug:

In the NS concourse ALL the tellys were showing the early match

In the NS concourse next to NOBODY was wearing a mask

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The Albion has hosted twice in two saturdays the two public gatherings with by far the most potential to be super-speader events in our county. Packed trains with little or no ventilation, packed concourses showing the early match and all the beery shouty conversation that goes with it. No masks to speak of worn on either trains or concourses. I don't need to calm down. You need to grow up. Ditto all the mask-dodgers at the Amex

Concourses haven't been showing any football as far as I'm aware, only safety messages. Definitely didn't show early or late games yesterday in NS.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
….apart from being required to have had both jabs or prove a negative test ?

Possibly - judging by the way checks were handled at both home games and the demonstrated willingness to avoid other requests by the club, why would anyone be confident that the requirements for vaccination or negative test are being followed?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Possibly - judging by the way checks were handled at both home games and the demonstrated willingness to avoid other requests by the club, why would anyone be confident that the requirements for vaccination or negative test are being followed?

It’ll diminish over time if sample checks continue and lessen, but the vast majority of people attending will comply, so the risk remains minimal.

Would you turn up without your Covid pass and ID and risk not getting in ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here