Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This Is A Public Health Information Notice On Behalf Of...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
….apart from being required to have had both jabs or prove a negative test ?

If I could be arsed - I'd search out and quote your posts where you indicated, quite rightly, that faking a Covid pass is a trivial task for anyone.

You can't have it both ways.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If the Boardmasters event in Cornwall resulted in a significant spike in transmissions it’s inconceivable that the return of ten 30’000+ football matches every weekend won’t have a similar effect - especially one that most people have to access via crowded trains.

If you are fully vaccinated and catch it hopefully you or anyone else you infect won’t get too ill - but some will. At this point it just becomes a case of how much personal risk / responsibility you are willing to accept I suppose.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Isn't that the problem, though? Southern have asked passengers to wear masks. The club have asked fans to wear masks when on the concourse and in crowded areas. THPP is, in his way, pointing out the fans are not doing this as they should be, as those with concerns about attending expect them to. To say 'well, don't go then' is letting the patients run the asylum. People who want to attend in line with the policies the club, B&H Buses, Southern and Thameslink have put in place to mitigate risks as much as possible shouldn't be forced out by people not bothering to follow these simple requests.
Spot on and all sensible and unselfish people will agree

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If I could be arsed - I'd search out and quote your posts where you indicated, quite rightly, that faking a Covid pass is a trivial task for anyone.

You can't have it both ways.

Yes, but how many do that ? Accepted some will, but the majority won’t……….

Also, I think if you search out those posts they were in relation to attending the Open, where they didn’t have a corresponding ID check.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
'We' don't have a flu vaccine every year. I've never had one. I don't know many people that have. But I'm sure that will change as I approach my 60's, as it is a vulnerable age group to the flu, like covid.

It's now as safe as it is ever going to be. Surely the most important thing now is ensuring we always have an immune population - ie. high levels of antibodies within individuals throughout the country. A third dose later in the year will play a part, but as will regular exposure now and forever more.

Fair enough. :thumbsup:

The situation the OP is raising is very frustrating and it’s a shame Covid denial has become a badge of honour for all the statue protecting types as it’s seeped into the wider public more and more of late

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’d guess 80% not wearing in WSL………

Carrying it to whom ? I know I can still carry it, I know I can still catch it, I know I might get a bit ill from it - but being double jabbed means I’m extremely unlikely to get seriously ill from it, not that I have some amazing protective shield from it.

We all carry germs in our noses and mouths. We usually build up immunity but the reason vets & surgeons wear masks is because they don’t want their germs to infect their patients. That’s been common practise for a long long time.
I wear a mask to protect others. For all I know, I could be a carrier without symptoms, and could infect others. I hope other people would protect me. Typhoid Mary was never ill, nor did she know she was a carrier.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As per my earlier post, I stayed masked up in the concourse and on the train (and in the restaurant afterwards etc), and happy to do so for as long as the ‘experts’ think it helps, even if marginally. That doesn’t necessarily accord with my views on whether I think it’s effective, but I try not to be a **** most of the time.

That's the crux isn't it? Wearing a mask may help a small bit. And lots of people helping a small bit adds up to a big bit.

I'm very pro-mask. I don't want to wear one. I get no joy from wearing one, but if there's any chance at all that by wearing one I may not infect someone else, if I'm unknowingly infected myself, then I'll wear one. It costs me nothing but may, just may, save someone else's life or keep someone out of a pressured hospital.

I genuinely don't know why anyone who has no health issues with wearing a mask won't wear one for the relatively brief periods of time most of us spend in confined indoor spaces with others.

At the Watford game I arrived on the WSU concourse and took my mask off. WIth 95%+ of those in front of me on the packed concourse mask-less, there was no point me wearing one - it was the proverbial chocolate teapot.

At the Everton game, I wore a mask to demonstrate my respect for the person serving me pies and drinks, and went straight to my seat, about as early as I ever have, and didn't return to the concourse until it was time to leave post-game. I'm not scared of Covid-19. I'm double-jabbed and happy to trust the protection of the vaccine, but I don't want to risk passing it to my mum nor, for that matter, anyone else I come across.

Surely any responsible member of society will take any small measures they can to try and be part of the solution, not part of the problem...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, but how many do that ? Accepted some will, but the majority won’t……….

Also, I think if you search out those posts they were in relation to attending the Open, where they didn’t have a corresponding ID check.

Oh I agree.

I'm a trusting sort. I think most people are decent and will do what they can for others.

But the thumbs up on the "anti-mask" posts from the same small band of people on here illustrates some really don't give a toss for anyone else.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's the crux isn't it? Wearing a mask may help a small bit. And lots of people helping a small bit adds up to a big bit.

I'm very pro-mask. I don't want to wear one. I get no joy from wearing one, but if there's any chance at all that by wearing one I may not infect someone else, if I'm unknowingly infected myself, then I'll wear one. It costs me nothing but may, just may, save someone else's life or keep someone out of a pressured hospital.

I genuinely don't know why anyone who has no health issues with wearing a mask won't wear one for the relatively brief periods of time most of us spend in confined indoor spaces with others.

At the Watford game I arrived on the WSU concourse and took my mask off. WIth 95%+ of those in front of me on the packed concourse mask-less, there was no point me wearing one - it was the proverbial chocolate teapot.

At the Everton game, I wore a mask to demonstrate my respect for the person serving me pies and drinks, and went straight to my seat, about as early as I ever have, and didn't return to the concourse until it was time to leave post-game. I'm not scared of Covid-19. I'm double-jabbed and happy to trust the protection of the vaccine, but I don't want to risk passing it to my mum nor, for that matter, anyone else I come across.

Surely any responsible member of society will take any small measures they can to try and be part of the solution, not part of the problem...

Yep…it’s really no big deal. Kind of a habit now, don’t really think twice about masking up indoors in public places.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We all carry germs in our noses and mouths. We usually build up immunity but the reason vets & surgeons wear masks is because they don’t want their germs to infect their patients. That’s been common practise for a long long time.
I wear a mask to protect others. For all I know, I could be a carrier without symptoms, and could infect others. I hope other people would protect me. Typhoid Mary was never ill, nor did she know she was a carrier.

…which is why I’m wearing a mask in indoor publics spaces :shrug::shrug:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
If the Boardmasters event in Cornwall resulted in a significant spike in transmissions it’s inconceivable that the return of ten 30’000+ football matches every weekend won’t have a similar effect - especially one that most people have to access via crowded trains.

If you are fully vaccinated and catch it hopefully you or anyone else you infect won’t get too ill - but some will. At this point it just becomes a case of how much personal risk / responsibility you are willing to accept I suppose.

Football matches have certain inherent benefits over some events... Outdoors, everyone facing in the same direction at a staggered height. Better than some events but it's places like the stupidly packed trains and concourse which would be where you'd catch it.

I was one of a tiny number of people in the North wearing a mask but I was doubly cautious because I want to go on holiday next week and taking every reasonable precaution (while still actually watching the game).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
'We' don't have a flu vaccine every year. I've never had one. I don't know many people that have. But I'm sure that will change as I approach my 60's, as it is a vulnerable age group to the flu, like covid.

It's now as safe as it is ever going to be. Surely the most important thing now is ensuring we always have an immune population - ie. high levels of antibodies within individuals throughout the country. A third dose later in the year will play a part, but as will regular exposure now and forever more.

This bloke was 40. The musician had told the BBC he was "shocked" to have become so unwell with the virus because he "rarely got ill".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-58376709

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don't you believe in the social importance of being able to see each other's faces? Our smiles and laughter and expressions for example. Being able to recognise people from afar, etc.

We are at a time where we literally do not need to wear masks any more, so why bother when it is at the expense of our social wellbeing?

I’m happy to continue to wear one in confined public spaces if it potentially stops me passing the virus in to someone who it might kill and it allows us to do most normal things. We’re still learning about Covid so we don’t ‘literally’ know very much yet for certain.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Don't you believe in the social importance of being able to see each other's faces? Our smiles and laughter and expressions for example. Being able to recognise people from afar, etc.

We are at a time where we literally do not need to wear masks any more, so why bother when it is at the expense of our social wellbeing?

I'm inside in poorly-ventilated spaces for a couple of hours or so a week. I'll wear a mask in those situations to try and minimise the spread of a virus that has killed millions and is likely to kill millions more.

I'll wear a mask because our lives are pretty much "normal" now, and anything that can be done that ay minimise viral spread is a good thing because life will remain "normal" through the winter months and, hopefully, we can all keep going to football and the like.

I'll wear a mask because millions are still going through their vaccination programme and don't currently have full protection from a variant which can lead to worse outcomes for some.

I wear a mask because the guidance is clear: "We expect and recommend that members of the public continue to wear face coverings in crowded and enclosed spaces where you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet. For example, on public transport."

Hope this helps.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
When I used to see people around London from the far East in masks, I thought they were paranoid dicks, afeared of local germs. Now I realise they were socially considerate people that had a sniffle or such and hoped not to spread it. You wear a mask for others, it is affective at stopping you spreading through moisture and useless at protecting you. So don't be a Trump dick and put others first as you don't know you haven't got it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm inside in poorly-ventilated spaces for a couple of hours or so a week. I'll wear a mask in those situations to try and minimise the spread of a virus that has killed millions and is likely to kill millions more.

I'll wear a mask because our lives are pretty much "normal" now, and anything that can be done that ay minimise viral spread is a good thing because life will remain "normal" through the winter months and, hopefully, we can all keep going to football and the like.

I'll wear a mask because millions are still going through their vaccination programme and don't currently have full protection from a variant which can lead to worse outcomes for some.

I wear a mask because the guidance is clear: "We expect and recommend that members of the public continue to wear face coverings in crowded and enclosed spaces where you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet. For example, on public transport."

Hope this helps.

Yep, that.

Don’t be a ****, basically :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But if you're feeling okay, you almost certainly don't have the virus.

This bizarre "I'm feeling fine, but I'm worried that I might KILL someone if I don't wear a mask" is hysteria, let's be honest with ourselves here.

Is it bollocks. You know about asymptomatic transmission right ? I’m not in any way hysterical - I’m pretty relaxed about Covid now, got my two jabs, not vulnerable so v v unlikely to get seriously ill. I don’t know, however, if that is the case with the person next to me on the train, in the shop etc so I’ll wear a mask - if nothing else, it might make them feel safer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here