Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This could kick off!!!

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

This particular Bible doesn't include certain books. That's how a lot of old Bibles are. I'm not sure what your point is at all. What we use nowadays as modern Bibles are alagamations.

Read what Tyrone said from life experiences as an answer to your bigoted and prejudiced first paragraph.

Hang on, so it's more accurate? So you believe in this Bible then? Obviously you do otherwise it would be 0% accurate.

Ermm, wrong. This particular bible in fact includes certain books which were later dropped because they didn't fit in with the religious orthodoxy of the time. It also does not contain accounts of many of the so called miracles or events that were supposed to have occured during the nazarenes live.

And if modern bibles are amalgations then they HAVE to be the creation of man and then they by extension can not be the inerrant word of god. Walking yourself right into a corner here aren't you?

Explain how the Two World Wars were created by following Religious texts, using specific examples from the Bible or the Koran.

Err....

You can do what ever you want with the bible and people do. There are those who use it to justify attacking Iraq and killing doctors who are willing to provide medical procedures to needy women.

Perhaps this gives us a clue as to the mother's background.

If she was an abusive, drug addict i'm not sure she'd have much say at all as to where or to whom the child went too.

The fact the mother's wishes have been considered might indicate those handling the case at least think she's not a complete waste of space and worthy of some say into her childs care.

Don't know much about UK family law do you? The parents wishes have to be considered by the court no matter what.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You can do what ever you want with the bible and people do. There are those who use it to justify attacking Iraq and killing doctors who are willing to provide medical procedures to needy women.

So short answer is, you can't.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ermm, wrong. This particular bible in fact includes certain books which were later dropped because they didn't fit in with the religious orthodoxy of the time. It also does not contain accounts of many of the so called miracles or events that were supposed to have occured during the nazarenes live.

And if modern bibles are amalgations then they HAVE to be the creation of man and then they by extension can not be the inerrant word of god. Walking yourself right into a corner here aren't you?

Of course humans wrote them, but I would say most Christians would believe there was divine influence. I personally am more fussed about the teachings of Jesus specifically.

The word Christian literally means "Christ-like". ie - Trying to behave as Jesus would have.

A lot of Christians could do with remembering this from time to time.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ahem

Gay people can go to a catholic church, but they cant take communion. Tho if the priest doesnt know that they are then they could anyway.

Is not as if they are going to sit in church with a big pink hat on saying GAYER.

So short answer is, you can't.

Probably but I can't be arsed to trawl through your particualr fairy tale to find the details.

Provide me with somewhere in the bible where it says abortion is wrong. Not your interpretation of something some shepherder is supposed to have said 3,000 years ago.

Somewhere where it is EXPLICITLY stated that abortion is wrong.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What was that then?

One of many factors kicking off the 2nd World War was Hitlers persecution of a religious group - the Jews. People were persecuted based on their religion. Therefore, WWII had a religious slant as well as greed being involved.

Wierd, I'd thought everyone bar the BNP had excepted the persecution of the Jews during the war !

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
*cough* Actually, it's Adam and the Ants

Nope its Adam Adamant and he LIVES

2.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Probably but I can't be arsed to trawl through your particualr fairy tale to find the details.

Provide me with somewhere in the bible where it says abortion is wrong. Not your interpretation of something some shepherder is supposed to have said 3,000 years ago.

Somewhere where it is EXPLICITLY stated that abortion is wrong.

Where did I say it was?!

You keep going wrong because you are assuming all "religious" people have the same views. But religion is a PERSONAL thing, so you will struggle if you keep spouting broad generalisations/stereotypes/prejudiced ignorant close minded rubbish.

Of course humans wrote them, but I would say most Christians would believe there was divine influence. I personally am more fussed about the teachings of Jesus specifically.

The word Christian literally means "Christ-like". ie - Trying to behave as Jesus would have.

A lot of Christians could do with remembering this from time to time.

So you know how jesus would have behaved do you, Accepting for a moment he actually lived, and there is no historical evidence that this is true, you have no idea how he would have lived of behaved.

You have a collection of stories, none of which were written down until many years after his supposed death by people who could never have met him. And on this you base you life?

May as well use lord of the rings as basis quite frankly. There is as much historical validity in that as the bible

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One of many factors kicking off the 2nd World War was Hitlers persecution of a religious group - the Jews. People were persecuted based on their religion. Therefore, WWII had a religious slant as well as greed being involved.

Wierd, I'd thought everyone bar the BNP had excepted the persecution of the Jews during the war !

So Hitler's RELIGIOUS beliefs led him to believe the extermination of the Jews was the thing to do?

No it wasn't. Next. This is too easy today.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

The Jews aren't a religious group, they are a race of people.

You can be an atheist and be a Jew.

Yes he killed them because they were Jews, not just because of Judaism.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So you know how jesus would have behaved do you, Accepting for a moment he actually lived, and there is no historical evidence that this is true, you have no idea how he would have lived of behaved.

You have a collection of stories, none of which were written down until many years after his supposed death by people who could never have met him. And on this you base you life?

May as well use lord of the rings as basis quite frankly. There is as much historical validity in that as the bible

A large number of secular writers have documented Jesus' existence and teachings. Stop showing yourself up.

CELSUS (~ 178 A.D.)
LUCIAN OF SAMOSATA (120 - ~180 A.D.)
MARA BAR-SERAPION (Post 70 A.D)

Look them up.

Where did I say it was?!

You keep going wrong because you are assuming all "religious" people have the same views. But religion is a PERSONAL thing, so you will struggle if you keep spouting broad generalisations/stereotypes/prejudiced ignorant close minded rubbish.

You are the one who first asked for something linking your book to ww1 or ww2. I haven't mentioned either. What I said in answer to you is that there are 'religious' people who have sought to use you book to justify both ww1 and 2 and other wars, killings and persecutions.

I then asked for you to provide something to show where your book opposes abortion. How about where it says homosexuality is wrong then?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A large number of secular writers have documented Jesus' existence and teachings. Stop showing yourself up.

CELSUS (~ 178 A.D.)
LUCIAN OF SAMOSATA (120 - ~180 A.D.)
MARA BAR-SERAPION (Post 70 A.D)

Look them up.

so 178 years after jesus was supposed to have been born, 120-180 years after he was supposed to have been born and 70 years after he was supposed to have been born, at a time when lives were half as short as they are these days? Not Quite first hand evidence, is it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You are the one who first asked for something linking your book to ww1 or ww2. I haven't mentioned either. What I said in answer to you is that there are 'religious' people who have sought to use you book to justify both ww1 and 2 and other wars, killings and persecutions.

I then asked for you to provide something to show where your book opposes abortion. How about where it says homosexuality is wrong then?

It's not MY book. And if you'd looked you'd see I had asked a specific person who specifically said they WERE the cause of WW1 and 2.

I don't doubt that there are idiots who skew texts to suit wrongdoing. That can be said of ANYTHING though.

You tell ME about where it says Homosexuality is wrong. Why do I need to tell you?

You KEEP doing the same thing. Faith is PERSONAL. You do not know what my exact beliefs are so stop stereotyping and being prejudiced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here