This could kick off!!!

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's not MY book. And if you'd looked you'd see I had asked a specific person who specifically said they WERE the cause of WW1 and 2.

Reading back I can't see anyone saying they were the cause of the world wars - just contribtory factors - quite a difference.

A large number of secular writers have documented Jesus' existence and teachings. Stop showing yourself up.

CELSUS (~ 178 A.D.)
LUCIAN OF SAMOSATA (120 - ~180 A.D.)
MARA BAR-SERAPION (Post 70 A.D)

Look them up.

No, all of those people iirc wrote about a group called 'christians' (with various spellings) who followed the one called christ, or jesus. Tacitus was actually the first historian to have been generally acknowledged to have writen of this group and he did so many years after the supposed death.

For someone who was SOOOOOO important and dnagerous to the Roman state it's surprsing that there is not one contemoraneous account of the life of this man and those accounts that same in the century or so after dismissed the minor jewish cult/sect as being un-important.

Jan 30, 2008
Of course humans wrote them, but I would say most Christians would believe there was divine influence. I personally am more fussed about the teachings of Jesus specifically.

The word Christian literally means "Christ-like". ie - Trying to behave as Jesus would have.

A lot of Christians could do with remembering this from time to time.

Richard the" lion heart" ???

When I was a nipper I caught my old man (the original cannedheat on here) doing his girlfriend doggy fashion, not sure what I would have thought if I caught him doing a geezer up the tradesmans entrance doggy style.

Hallo dad

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Anyway, onto important things, it's the bumboys annual day out in Brighton that prevented us getting a decent pre-season home friendly against Sheffield United because it would have been on the same day.

Mar 13, 2008
I am all for it. I don't understand why it would be bad for the kid. Yes they might have the piss taken out of them at school, but that would be their fault for telling everyone.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Having a heterosexual male and female parental set up isn't exactly a shield against bullies, is it?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
i was referring to your claim of greed, nothing to do with two world wars

Yes it was.

Part of Hitler's gripe was that after WW1 alot of lands had been stripped from Germany and anexed to other nations.

One of the first places he invaded was the Sudetenland, to take back lands form the Czechs he believed were German.

WW1 begun because of the shooting of Franz Ferdinand over seperatist issues, i.e one people ruling over lands others didn't want them too.

All about greed and land grabbing.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
This was the main topic of discussion on BBC Sussex this morning, some interesting debates on both sides of the arguement to be fair, worth listening to again on t'internet for those who are interested.

Dandyman

In London village.
FLAVIUS JOSEPHUS (37 - 100 A.D.) Josephus was a first century pharisee and historian of both priestly and
royal ancestry who provided important insight into first-century Judaism. Josephus was born only three years
after the crucifixion of Jesus, making him a credible witness to the historicity of Jesus.

Jesus is mentioned in two passages of the work by Jospehus" The Antiquities of the Jews", written in the late first century. One passage, known as the Testimonium Flavianum, discusses the career of Jesus. The authenticity of the Testimonium Flavianum has been disputed since the 17th century, and by the mid 18th century the consensus view was that it had at a minimum been altered by Christian scribes, and possibly was outright forgery. The other passage simply mentions Jesus as the brother of James, also known as James the Just. The authenicity of this passage has also been disputed.

Jan 30, 2008
Yes it was.

Part of Hitler's gripe was that after WW1 alot of lands had been stripped from Germany and anexed to other nations.

One of the first places he invaded was the Sudetenland, to take back lands form the Czechs he believed were German.

WW1 begun because of the shooting of Franz Ferdinand over seperatist issues, i.e one people ruling over lands others didn't want them too.

All about greed and land grabbing.
yes i agree but it wasn't the main issues Germany invading poland kicked it all off in WW2, Austria was absorbed into the third reich, to many religious fanatics about for my liking , f***ing hypocrites.

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
yes i agree but it wasn't the main issues Germany invading poland kicked it all off in WW2, Austria was absorbed into the third reich, to many religious fanatics about for my liking , f***ing hypocrites.

The biggest murderers of WW2 were the communist Russians.

An atheist state.

And as you say, invading Poland played a major part in the war escalation.

Only thing is that too was about land, because the Poles were predominantly Catholics as were alot of the Germans/Austrians.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Two years ago friends of ours, a gay male couple, adopted a 5 year old lad. He was diagnosed as severely autistic and had suffered 3 years of horrific abuse at the hands of his birth parents and the following 2 years at various foster carers who tried their best with a little boy with a ton of problems.
When he arrived with our friends he was virtualy unable to walk having been kept in a push chair by his various carers as a means of controlling his hyperactivity, he couldn't speak, would self harm, hardly eat, wouldn't make eye contact and avoided any physical contact and was obviously severely distressed.

In the past couple of weeks he has been attending the local primary school for one day a week and in September he starts full time. He now talks, walks, runs ,climbs, loves water fights, has my dog over for sleep overs, makes cakes and is a very affectionate cuddly little boy He has a long way to go before he catches up with other 7 year olds but the difference in him is just amazing.
He has now had the autistic diagnosis lifted and the majority of his problems have been put down to the trauma of his early life.
I have nothing but the utmost respect for our friends, for their patience, their sacrifice and for the amazing effect they have had on the life of a very unhappy little boy.

Anyone want to tell me this is wrong ?

Not wrong at all he has settled because they love him and all power to their elbows.
IMHO it does not matter what or who the parents are as long as the child is loved ......end of

Jan 30, 2008
The biggest murderers of WW2 were the communist Russians.

An atheist state.

And as you say, invading Poland played a major part in the war escalation.

Only thing is that too was about land, because the Poles were predominantly Catholics as were alot of the Germans/Austrians.
listen, where ever people have gone to convert people to a certain religion suprise suprise it doesn't quite fit in with someone else's

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here