Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This could kick off!!!

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would say close-mindedness and ignorance, whether fostered by religion or secularity, are the cause of most of the problems in the world.

Bit more live and let live needed methinks.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
why wouldn't you want to produce that child with a women :shrug:

Errr ..... because if you're a gay man you'd hardly want to spend your life with a woman regardless of sleeping with her.

Being gay isn't wrong, illegal or immoral ( unless you're some bigotted bible basher or religious fruitloop !!! ) and so there's nothing wrong with a gay couple wanting to experience the joy of parenthood - it's just not going to be via the biological route.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Errr ..... because if you're a gay man you'd hardly want to spend your life with a woman regardless of sleeping with her.

Being gay isn't wrong, illegal or immoral ( unless you're some bigotted bible basher or religious fruitloop !!! ) and so there's nothing wrong with a gay couple wanting to experience the joy of parenthood - it's just not going to be via the biological route.
doesnt make it right or natural though.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Not necessarily. Admittedly a huge amount of the story isn't being told here but...

• Nowhere does it say that the boy's religious 'needs' are not being met
• Nowhere does it say that this is what the boy wants or indeed what his needs are, so we don't know what he wants - and no-one is in a position to say you do.

The crux of the story is that the mother's religious beliefs - not necessarily the boy's - are dictating that she doesn't want the boy to be with same-sex parents. The point is, her religious beliefs are not going to come high on the list of priorities for the boy's welfare.

She is the childs parent, and as such her views as to who raises her child and how they raise the child should come into play.

The poor woman had a break down.

Nowhere does it say in that article she's a bad mother or that she will never get her son back.

No point giving the child to someone whose lifestyle and views are going to be completely polar to hers and her sons.

Jan 30, 2008

but thats what its all about , its not like going to asda and picking one of the shelf on a buy one and get one free deal

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What if gay parents needed a child of theirs fostered for whatever reasons and the family they were to be placed with were staunch BNP people.

People don't think the gay couple giving up their kid would have issues with this?

She is the childs parent, and as such her views as to who raises her child and how they raise the child should come into play.

The poor woman had a break down.

Nowhere does it say in that article she's a bad mother or that she will never get her son back.

No point giving the child to someone whose lifestyle and views are going to be completely polar to hers and her sons.

How old is the child? Children can not and do not have regligious beliefs. What they have is prejudices and superstitions imposed on them by adults.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
doesnt make it right or natural though.

What, wanting to be parent ? I'd have thought it was one of the most natural things in life regardless of your sexualality.

Whether it's right is very subjective but generally it's bigots that try to pull that arguement. I would have hoped residents of this city especially would be more enlightened but I guess that goes to show how wrong I am ! :(

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

That's a bigoted term right there.

Some people may say that's being slightly hypocritical.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
but thats what its all about , its not like going to asda and picking one of the shelf on a buy one and get one free deal

I know - that's why there is a proper process to determine your suitability to foster etc. It shouldn't be tainted by restrictions against your race, colour, sexuality, politics, religion, height, weight. It should be based puely on your suitability to care for that specific child.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Oh the irony.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
That's a bigoted term right there.

Some people may say that's being slightly hypocritical.

Good point - I should have put unless you're a follower of religious texts that persecute gay people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here