Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "Ultra's" are killing the atmosphere

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
What are you on about all your stickers up by the amex and flags have ultras written all over them..
And as for not singing anti opposition songs so you want to lose the banter part of fan culture?

That'd be because I didn't make those flags, Whoever wants to pay for a flag can pretty much put what they want. I don't rule anything or anyone. I said pretty clearly that it was a personal thing, I don't like the term Ultras yes for the shit it causes but that doesn't mean everyone in the group agrees with me.

Anti Oppo songs can be great if they are original and funny, Just not the same old xxx is a shit hole I want to go home that is sung at every game and who is xxxxxx slapper etc, Again it's a personal thing I don't speak for the whole group but it is a feeling I've got from a few people.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
exactly the opposite of what they are trying to achieve.

Today there were fans divided blokes singing retro songs, blokes singing 'usual' songs, and goons singing the new drivel.

It re-inforced how split the fans have become. One of the good things about Gillingham/early Withdean days was that few goony kids went. In the later years, it because easier to get tickets, and all the retards started going. Now, they are at the teenage age when they can start chants with their few mates and think it's funny/good, like their magiko bollocks.

You know, I know it, everyone knows it. The rubbish north stand/palace song has divided everyone. The rest of the crap they sing does the same. The atmosphere today was woeful largely because the NSKunts don't approve of singing something that isn't foreign, complicated and crap.

Away games used to be much more fun when everyone stuck to singing the same thing loudly, regardless of whether the ultra goons like it. Our away fans these days? One of the worst in the league, and a lot of it is their fault. Expect Amex atmosphere to go the same way and be as quiet at St Andrews was today if they keep on singing the same drivel.

Possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on NSC. Absolute, utter nonsense.The atmosphere at the Amex has been outstanding, a lot of it due to the ultras crew.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
The way I look at it is, The NSK suggest a few songs, try get them going and once they do get going, you get other people starting threads about them and moaning on how it sounds shit and how they don't like it, then before you know it we're back to singing albiooooon every 5 minutes.

stroller

Jun 24, 2011
Just out of interest, what does Ultras actually mean and why did they choose this as a name?

Also, I think Palace may well have ended our love affair with the St Pauli song when they tore our version a new hole with their version at the Amex. They had the whole end jumping around going mental and we have, i dunno, 8 people speed singing the (rather odd)lyrics and maybe 200 or so doing the whhooooaaaaa bit, sometimes?

It pains me to say it, but that was embarrasing so maybe time for a re-think?

Sort out GOSBTS first and foremost, the rest will follow....

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
GOSBTS is in hand, Ultras as far as I am aware are first and foremost a group of passionate fans who don't stop for 90mins and make noise and colour. Like general football fans in England they have been given a tag for violence etc as some have been in the past.

Some NSK members have travelled to see these teams before and have been amazed by some of the stuff they do. The NSK is just a fans group with a little bit of Ultra inspiration.

Nov 3, 2011
GOSBTS is in hand, Ultras as far as I am aware are first and foremost a group of passionate fans who don't stop for 90mins and make noise and colour. Like general football fans in England they have been given a tag for violence etc as some have been in the past.

Some NSK members have travelled to see these teams before and have been amazed by some of the stuff they do. The NSK is just a fans group with a little bit of Ultra inspiration.

This.

Drumstick truly is the dude. Even though we are not entirely sure what gender he is, you can't fault his words.

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
That'd be because I didn't make those flags, Whoever wants to pay for a flag can pretty much put what they want. I don't rule anything or anyone. I said pretty clearly that it was a personal thing, I don't like the term Ultras yes for the shit it causes but that doesn't mean everyone in the group agrees with me.

Anti Oppo songs can be great if they are original and funny, Just not the same old xxx is a shit hole I want to go home that is sung at every game and who is xxxxxx slapper etc, Again it's a personal thing I don't speak for the whole group but it is a feeling I've got from a few people.

Interesting, you don't like the term Ultra, yet you are part of an Ultra group. Oh the irony.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I wish they would stop singing that awful "nah, nah, nah" rubbish. They've even started in the West.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
No, this new one that appears to come out of nowhere.

Is it the one that sounds a bit like jonny comes marching home by any chance ?
As i heard something today that i could not quite work out any of the words
coming from the North west corner of the north stand

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Is it the one that sounds a bit like jonny comes marching home by any chance ?
As i heard something today that i could not quite work out any of the words
coming from the North west corner

It's the one that sounds like Bananarama, which is probably why I'm a bit adverse....

Also as bad - that one that "sussex, sussex, sussex by the sea" bit in the middle. Brighton, Brighton, Brighton, Brighton and Hove Albion, Albion, Albion....

Bloody awful.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
It's the one that sounds like Bananarama, which is probably why I'm a bit adverse....

Also as bad - that one that "sussex, sussex, sussex by the sea" bit in the middle. Brighton, Brighton, Brighton, Brighton and Hove Albion, Albion, Albion....

Bloody awful.
I think you might find the Bananarama is an old one from way back reintroduced by some of the returning fans Me i like it
Remember a Pet Shop Boys one GO West from the same era do we still use it ? cant remember the tune at the moment

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think you might find the Bananarama is an old one from way back reintroduced by some of the returning fans Me i like it
Remember a Pet Shop Boys one GO West from the same era do we still use it ?

I remember GO WEST but have no recollection of the other one in the North Stand. It's a shocker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here