Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "Ultra's" are killing the atmosphere

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The whole stadium was very quiet today. Even the north was an embarrassment tbh. If it wasn't for the ultras it would have been like a morgue with some polite clapping when we scored and then nothing again. Well done lads.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The whole stadium was very quiet today. Even the north was an embarrassment tbh. If it wasn't for the ultras it would have been like a morgue with some polite clapping when we scored and then nothing again. Well done lads.

Well we did give it a go upstairs but the 1901 below would be better off watching it on the telly. Couldn't believe how long it took to fill back up after half time.

That's progress for you.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If the people criticising the singing would like to start there own chants please feel free. Criticising is very easy, if you'd like something changed start it yourself rather than letting the atmosphere turn to shit and then grumbling about it online..

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I miss the Ultra flag corner of the North

come back lads, we miss you :(

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
God, some of the shit on here with people with such a high opinion of themselves.

1) It was a Sunday afternoon against Barnsley. Less people pissed, less glamorous game - worse atmosphere.
2) the atmosphere was not 'quiet' or 'embarrassing'. People are comparing to the opening game, and games against Liverpool, a comeback against Leeds, and a match against Palace. OF COURSE IT'S NOT GOING TO BE LOUDER THAN THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3) When the atmosphere got going, it was no worse than against Blackpool, Peterborough or Hull. A relatively good atmosphere - not amazing, but not bad either!
4) it's not the quantity of the songs that started the original rant, it's the fact that people are seemingly adamant we need new songs and keep coming up with drivel. That's what's embarrassing.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
God, some of the shit on here with people with such a high opinion of themselves.

4) it's not the quantity of the songs that started the original rant, it's the fact that people are seemingly adamant we need new songs and keep coming up with drivel. That's what's embarrassing.

Exactly. It's turning into an X-Factor audition.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

1) It was a Sunday afternoon against Barnsley. Less people pissed, less glamorous game - worse atmosphere.
2) the atmosphere was not 'quiet' or 'embarrassing'. People are comparing to the opening game, and games against Liverpool, a comeback against Leeds, and a match against Palace. OF COURSE IT'S NOT GOING TO BE LOUDER THAN THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3) When the atmosphere got going, it was no worse than against Blackpool, Peterborough or Hull. A relatively good atmosphere - not amazing, but not bad either!

Out of interest where is your seat (assume unlike other trolls you go to home matches)

The back of the North Stand were excellent today keeping and starting the songs going all game long

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

Not seen it posted anywhere before but i think we had lost our voices singing against the scousers and leeds
by the time palarse turned up i for one had a croaky voice to say the least IMHO i think this may have had a BIG effect on the atmosphere that night

Feb 14, 2010
Just a thought but a flat atmosphere is as much football as a red hot one. Games like Barnsley should be more quiet and should allow for more humour, I think the ultra's miss that, but let them have their day. They are young and enjoying themselves, so fair enough

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Just a thought but a flat atmosphere is as much football as a red hot one. Games like Barnsley should be more quiet and should allow for more humour, I think the ultra's miss that, but let them have their day. They are young and enjoying themselves, so fair enough

Allow for more humour? I never really found sitting in silence that fun.

Feb 14, 2010
Allow for more humour? I never really found sitting in silence that fun.

No mate, its not, thats why you need a terrace down the side so that olduns can have a proper moan and take the piss. There is too much bollox taked about "passion". Time and a place and Barnsley at home should have some comedy value o else people are taking it too seriously

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
My throat is roar as anything but it was worth it, I enjoyed myself anyway even if some of you didn't :)

Well done to those who joined in with GOSBTS, Was tentative but it was good and we can keep building on it.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Maybe the NSK can get season tickets in the same place in the North stand next season instead of having them scattered all over the stand.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
That made me shudder. I bet you can't wait for your little sex tour to Vietnam can you?

Are you actually a stalker? You've been unbanned a few hours and already back making snipes at everyone. Get a girlfriend. Seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here