Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "Ultra's" are killing the atmosphere

Jan 30, 2008
'We' as in Brighton fans in general. But yes, I admit, I have sung it myself before. I don't really care what we sing as long as everyone sings and it is sung loud. If certain songs are only sung by certain sections of fans, then we should ditch them.
the fans or the songs , i've got my opinion .

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
the fans or the songs , i've got my opinion .

The song first, if that doesn't work, the fans.

A bit of cleansing wouldn't go amiss at the moment.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Sounded as if GOSBTS was still going at 100 mph last night

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
As a usual Ultra sceptic, I have to say I was looking forward to some sort of Ultra-style disaply at the Palace game like you see the Homesdale Fanatics do.

Wasn't forthcoming.

It's because their morale has probably been crushed by the likes of UB, RRH, DR, KS who just moan and moan and moan at them, starting endless boring threads and even bouncing the old ones so that NSC is just one big moan about Ultras and NSK. Such valuable contributors to NSC can't it seems get over the name Ultra which started off as probably a bit of fun or as a tag, a noun to go by but has since taken on such serious meaning by those who've never even spoken to one of these fans to see what they're about or like. And all because the likes of the aforementioned just can't get on with their lives without criticising as right wing, hooligan, edl, cringe worthy etc etc that all attempts to just simply spark a bit of colour and noise home and away has been snuffed out. In all probability. And of course that's ALSO their fault - need to "man up" have some "backbone" be super-human and not let these idiots get to them etc. Either way, you can't win.

But there is a 3rd way....UB, KS, DR, RRH etc could all just do one?!!! And stop having a go at these boys and girls for daring to suggest forming a body of support. Of course scoring a goal and or winning a game would help these fans too. But on the pitch performances are also the NSK and Ultra's fault if you listen to Uncle f***, RRH , KS and Das Dick....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. And so it goesl on. And on. And on...

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
It's because their morale has probably been crushed by the likes of UB, RRH, DR, KS who just moan and moan and moan at them, starting endless boring threads and even bouncing the old ones so that NSC is just one big moan about Ultras and NSK. Such valuable contributors to NSC can't it seems get over the name Ultra which started off as probably a bit of fun or as a tag, a noun to go by but has since taken on such serious meaning by those who've never even spoken to one of these fans to see what they're about or like. And all because the likes of the aforementioned just can't get on with their lives without criticising as right wing, hooligan, edl, cringe worthy etc etc that all attempts to just simply spark a bit of colour and noise home and away has been snuffed out. In all probability. And of course that's ALSO their fault - need to "man up" have some "backbone" be super-human and not let these idiots get to them etc. Either way, you can't win.

But there is a 3rd way....UB, KS, DR, RRH etc could all just do one?!!! And stop having a go at these boys and girls for daring to suggest forming a body of support. Of course scoring a goal and or winning a game would help these fans too. But on the pitch performances are also the NSK and Ultra's fault if you listen to Uncle f***, RRH , KS and Das Dick....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. And so it goesl on. And on. And on...

Its a public forum, they need to stop getting so suprised that people show their own opinions. You're never going to get everyone on board on an idea like that of the 'ultras'. Ideas like the 'Brighton Magico' certainly don't help there cause. What a massive success that was.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Its a public forum, they need to stop getting so suprised that people show their own opinions. You're never going to get everyone on board on an idea like that of the 'ultras'. Ideas like the 'Brighton Magico' certainly don't help there cause. What a massive success that was.

A+ for trying though! Can't fault em for trying and thats what i like about these Guys. They also appear to have shit resources going by a lot of what's said on NSC e.g. Sussex is hardly a hotbed of football passion like the NW or NE. Our fans have a history of being quiet eg goldstone could be a morgue, withdean was for all the excuses, now people are saying the Amex is quiet (though it's sounds great where I am but that's because nsk are always shouting from behind me!)

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven

A+ for trying though! Can't fault em for trying and thats what i like about these Guys. They also appear to have shit resources going by a lot of what's said on NSC e.g. Sussex is hardly a hotbed of football passion like the NW or NE. Our fans have a history of being quiet eg goldstone could be a morgue, withdean was for all the excuses, now people are saying the Amex is quiet (though it's sounds great where I am but that's because nsk are always shouting from behind me!)

The original target of this rant was the way the clique's of the NSK/Ultras have contributed to a massive decline in away atmosphere. It's still good, better than anything at Withdean, but it's being spoiled by a minority trying to enforce their nonsense on the rest of us. Perhaps I'm wrong, maybe some of the drivel is being started by kids, teenagers and a few oddballs who aren't ultras/nsk. Fair enough, but the point still stands, the knock-on effect of their hilarious chanting is a worse atmosphere. And it's not just me noticing, hence these threads getting lots of replies each time with split opinions. It's not a united crowd anymore, it's a divided one full of clique's, with one of the clique's in question noticeably pissing many others off, which isn't healthy for anyone.

Nobody has said the atmosphere at The Amex is quiet. Nobody. Nobody at all. What they've said is that "it wasn't as loud against team x as it was against team y". Well, show me a ground in the world where the atmosphere is a constant. Of course you're going to get lulls when the team is playing pony every now and then. That doesn't mean we suddenly all have to be content with singing rubbish.

As for NSK apparently being immune from criticism in your eyes, retorts like "Uncle f***" don't do you any favours.

And finally, you say they should be praised for effort. Well, I could play for Brighton & Hove Albion and put in a lot of effort. That doesn't mean I'd expect to come on here and find everyone ignoring the fact that I'm a woefully inept footballer.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Just to clarify the NSK HATE the anti town,oppo player,ref, oppo fan type songs. All we are interested in is supporting Brighton and Hove Albion. UB seems to think we wouldn't join in unless your part of our group?? I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bollocks. If someone wants to PM a song they want to get going in the NS then I will certainly back them as will I would hope the rest of the NSK, So long as it isn't racist, homophobic or xxxx is a shithole type song.

Please do suggest songs it's exactly what is needed. NSK is purely just a forum for us to bounce ideas of each other, organise away pubs to drink in pre match and arrange to stand together to get support in one little area for 90mins.

Also ONCE AGAIN... I also dislike and distance myself from the term Ultra. It's used more by anti NSK people and anyone on our board we are just fans who want to CONTRIBUTE to the atmosphere at Brighton games. If you've got idea's for banners or songs I for one as would the rest would love to hear them.

There is no clique, Anyone who wants help backing a song we will help.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Christ on a bike - I'm starting to think we should ship half of you lot back to Withdean and put up a big screen.

We're in this together - some of us like to sing, make noise and be loud, some of us don't. The least we can all do is respect each others choices and not attempt to impose ours on those who want something different. If you don't like where you sit - MOVE!

arundel gold

Aug 20, 2011
Just to clarify the NSK HATE the anti town,oppo player,ref, oppo fan type songs. All we are interested in is supporting Brighton and Hove Albion. UB seems to think we wouldn't join in unless your part of our group?? I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bollocks. If someone wants to PM a song they want to get going in the NS then I will certainly back them as will I would hope the rest of the NSK, So long as it isn't racist, homophobic or xxxx is a shithole type song.

Please do suggest songs it's exactly what is needed. NSK is purely just a forum for us to bounce ideas of each other, organise away pubs to drink in pre match and arrange to stand together to get support in one little area for 90mins.

Also ONCE AGAIN... I also dislike and distance myself from the term Ultra. It's used more by anti NSK people and anyone on our board we are just fans who want to CONTRIBUTE to the atmosphere at Brighton games. If you've got idea's for banners or songs I for one as would the rest would love to hear them.

There is no clique, Anyone who wants help backing a song we will help.

What are you on about all your stickers up by the amex and flags have ultras written all over them..
And as for not singing anti opposition songs so you want to lose the banter part of fan culture?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The original target of this rant was the way the clique's of the NSK/Ultras have contributed to a massive decline in away atmosphere. It's still good, better than anything at Withdean, but it's being spoiled by a minority trying to enforce their nonsense on the rest of us. Perhaps I'm wrong, maybe some of the drivel is being started by kids, teenagers and a few oddballs who aren't ultras/nsk. Fair enough, but the point still stands, the knock-on effect of their hilarious chanting is a worse atmosphere. And it's not just me noticing, hence these threads getting lots of replies each time with split opinions. It's not a united crowd anymore, it's a divided one full of clique's, with one of the clique's in question noticeably pissing many others off, which isn't healthy for anyone.

Nobody has said the atmosphere at The Amex is quiet. Nobody. Nobody at all. What they've said is that "it wasn't as loud against team x as it was against team y". Well, show me a ground in the world where the atmosphere is a constant. Of course you're going to get lulls when the team is playing pony every now and then. That doesn't mean we suddenly all have to be content with singing rubbish.

As for NSK apparently being immune from criticism in your eyes, retorts like "Uncle f***" don't do you any favours.

And finally, you say they should be praised for effort. Well, I could play for Brighton & Hove Albion and put in a lot of effort. That doesn't mean I'd expect to come on here and find everyone ignoring the fact that I'm a woefully inept footballer.

There is so much factually incorrect in this that it's arguably not worth the font replying really. Stop being so f***ing bitter and twisted, full of prejudice and get out there and enjoy what's left of your miserable self existence. Everyone knows from the hundreds off posts you put on NSC that you're full of shit shit and more shit (as the song goes). And that reasoned argument is useless against your bigotry. So do what you once said you'd do on another of the boring hate threads you started on NSK and stop posting about it. Go on, off you f***. Misery guts.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
What are you on about all your stickers up by the amex and flags have ultras written all over them..
And as for not singing anti opposition songs so you want to lose the banter part of fan culture?

There's a MASSIVE clique of BHA fans in Worthing too. I've seen the st George's flag at the Amex - with Worthing Seagulls on it. These NSK flags are an attempt to break up such supporter cliques. Next target is the Hikers Rest lot. Them cliquers with their f***ing hikers test cliquey flag. Tossers...

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
There is so much factually incorrect in this that it's arguably not worth the font replying really. Stop being so f***ing bitter and twisted, full of prejudice and get out there and enjoy what's left of your miserable self existence. Everyone knows from the hundreds off posts you put on NSC that you're full of shit shit and more shit (as the song goes). And that reasoned argument is useless against your bigotry. So do what you once said you'd do on another of the boring hate threads you started on NSK and stop posting about it. Go on, off you f***. Misery guts.

well said :thumbsup:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
It's because their morale has probably been crushed by the likes of UB, RRH, DR, KS who just moan and moan and moan at them, starting endless boring threads and even bouncing the old ones so that NSC is just one big moan about Ultras and NSK. Such valuable contributors to NSC can't it seems get over the name Ultra which started off as probably a bit of fun or as a tag, a noun to go by but has since taiken on such serious meaning by those who've never even spoken to one of these fans to see what they're about or like. And all because the likes of the aforementioned just can't get on with their lives without criticising as right wing, hooligan, edl, cringe worthy etc etc that all attempts to just simply spark a bit of colour and noise home and away has been snuffed out. In all probability. And of course that's ALSO their fault - need to "man up" have some "backbone" be super-human and not let these idiots get to them etc. Either way, you can't win.

Tell you what next time you are at a game, you can explain the value of this group.

Oh hang on, that would mean you being at an away game.

Uncle f***, not bad, maybe Uncle Buttocks?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Tell you what next time you are at a game, you can explain the value of this group.

Oh hang on, that would mean you being at an away game.

Uncle f***, not bad, maybe Uncle Buttocks?

I'll top that, Uncle C unty Breath, beat that

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here