Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "Ultra's" are killing the atmosphere

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So let's have the benefit of your wisdom. How many chants have you composed or started? List them alphabetically as they must be numerous.

I like to think that there of those of who know we can't and don't bother. On hearing some of the drivel sung at games I wish a few others would do the same.

My God, it was better when they were singing stuff they'd heard on Soccer AM in the morning.

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
Spot on. The group I was with said exactly the same thing. It was the little group in the top right coming up with utter shit. Get behind the team instead if chanting utter bollocks

That's all that seems to happen these days, gone are the days of a torrent of noise at away games. Unfortunately, if you dare suggest otherwise, you're told to "f*** off and support the team".

A great shame.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Just have very strong opinions on somevsupporter sects, yet you are not at the game.

Yes, I can't make EVERY game on account I have a LIFE outside of FOOTBALL. Sorry UB, I absolutely have no right of opinion. And my "very strong opinions" are only in response to some right idiots on this forum having a constant snipe at people trying to support their team. It's just so unnecessary. You sir are just a troll, but I'm happy to keep feeding you until you stop stereotyping and lambasting such fans.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Isn't it funny......people are moaning about the atmosphere being shite and people are also moaning that some big nasty away fans have called us woolly woofters!

....just saying!

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London
Some of the chanting tonight (not certainly from the NSK before any of the ultras defence tries to tear me a new one) was a total embarrassment, bordering on a disgrace.

"There's only one Steve Harper" - I think if I could guarentee that one of our players had a namesake, it would be him. They're not even singing it for ironic effect.

"Is that your fire drill?" - Firstly, it's 'is there a fire drill?'. The song mentioned doesn't make any sense. Secondly, we were LOSING at this point, and very few Watford fans were actually heading for the exits. Had any of these morons bothered to turn left and look down, they'd have seen far more Albion fans on the way out (surprisingly).

Calderon song - Can't be arsed to type it out but includes the lyrics '...the scum from St. Mary's'. They're not scum. They never were. Stop pretending they are.

Feel free to chip in.

Agree that those songs are all piss poor. Your criticism is spot on. I know for a fact though that despite what some on here will jump to assume, they weren't all being started by the same group of people.

The people who like to start songs and sing the loudest will gather at the back of the stand, that doesn't mean they actually all know each other.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, I can't make EVERY game on account I have a LIFE outside of FOOTBALL. Sorry UB, I absolutely have no right of opinion. And my "very strong opinions" are only in response to some right idiots on this forum having a constant snipe at people trying to support their team. It's just so unnecessary. You sir are just a troll, but I'm happy to keep feeding you until you stop stereotyping and lambasting such fans.

Brilliant, you are finding your place, keep it up.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Some of our away support struggle to stand up at matches after a day on the sauce.

Getting their heads round new songs is a task too far.

Also I do not get why they always have to sing 'Place is a shit hole, I want to go home'.

Everywhere they seem to go is a shit hole and they always wants to go home. So firstly if they know it is a shit hole, why did they go in the first place? If they want to go home, nobody is stopping them.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Also I do not get why they always have to sing 'Place is a shit hole, I want to go home'.

Everywhere they seem to go is a shit hole and they always wants to go home. So firstly if they know it is a shit hole, why did they go in the first place? If they want to go home, nobody is stopping them.

Exactly.

Stick to the well known songs, try the occasional new one. Don't make a big fuss about it.

No need for Ultras.

Yeah and that chant about us being "by FAR the greatest team the world has ever seen" whats that about when United have won the Premier League so many times and we never even made the Champions League.

Our history is littered with songs that make as much sense as the new ones. As others suggested if you sing the songs you like maybe others will join in if they like them too. If that doesn't work go sit with the oldies who dont sing, enjoy the game and don't come on here moaning about young people and their matchday experiences.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah and that chant about us being "by FAR the greatest team the world has ever seen" whats that about when United have won the Premier League so many times and we never even made the Champions League.

Our history is littered with songs that make as much sense as the new ones. As others suggested if you sing the songs you like maybe others will join in if they like them too. If that doesn't work go sit with the oldies who dont sing, enjoy the game and don't come on here moaning about young people and their matchday experiences.

But what if their drivel is ruining the matchday experience?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Some of the shit coming out of some was borderline retarded last night-way past cringe!! Looking forward to Middlesbrough to be honest!! 'dirty northern bastards' as a normal song-not after a bad challenge! ' I want to go home' now sung at every away town and way to early and why the sodding hell are people singing IS THAT your fire drill when we're 1-0 down??? Its the wrong words and have these people been to the Amex!!!!! Shame I used to love our away support when I started going

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As a usual Ultra sceptic, I have to say I was looking forward to some sort of Ultra-style disaply at the Palace game like you see the Homesdale Fanatics do.

Wasn't forthcoming.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Some of the shit coming out of some was borderline retarded last night-way past cringe!! Looking forward to Middlesbrough to be honest!! 'dirty northern bastards' as a normal song-not after a bad challenge! ' I want to go home' now sung at every away town and way to early and why the sodding hell are people singing IS THAT your fire drill when we're 1-0 down??? Its the wrong words and have these people been to the Amex!!!!! Shame I used to love our away support when I started going

Not sure it helped last night that you could not get a beer in the ground, meant the drivel became more noticable.

Boro should be a more select travelling support, a bit too far for many of last nights offenders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here