clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
anyone even remotely offended needs to get a gwip

it' seems a recent phenomenon that people have to be outraged by everything

and it's truly nauseating

Indeed.

Liverpool supporters must be in a strange place today, claiming to never read The Sun yet commenting feverishly (around the 'net) on a front page that rips the ass out of a despised former manager!

I'm sure Roy will be comforted by his £10million pound contract. :thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Who would YOU rather employ - a man who can speak FIVE languages fluently, with a lisp, or one who can't read any?

Quite, and the teacher that tells the 7 year old with a speech impediment not to get depressed as one day he could become manager of England will get the reply "I get bullied enough at school"

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I had a small smile when I read it. Only until I read this thread did I think it could be offensive. People need to get a life. All the ones disgusted by the headline, did you laugh at the Only Fools and Horses episode with the Elvis impersonator singing "cwying"? Bet you did..

Edit: http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjF7GMP28X8

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Liverpool supporters must be in a strange place today, claiming to never read The Sun yet commenting feverishly (around the 'net) on a front page that rips the ass out of a despised former manager!

I never read the Sun but now know what is on todays front page because I found out on the internet

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
I'm not outraged....as is indeed the norm these days, but!..... With all that is going on with the current enquiry and hearing in to phone hacking and journalism in general, I'm amazed that this newspaper thought it even remotely sensible to print this headline. I'm even more amazed that supposed 'England fans' still buy this pile of shit.

The paper will be crying out for the countries support in a few weeks and jump on the band wagon when they are successful again, which I think RH can achieve.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I had a small smile when I read it. Only until I read this thread did I think it could be offensive. People need to get a life. All the ones disgusted by the headline, did you laugh at the Only Fools and Horses episode with the Elvis impersonator singing "cwying"? Bet you did..

Spot on. Chill out people.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
One wise NSCer has already mused via Twitter today that The Sun would never have a front page mocking Harry Redknapp's disfigurement, so why Roy Hodgson's voice?

Yes, we've all had the occasional titter at his lisp, but you'd never be so rude to the bloke's face. I can't help feeling their front page today was the result of a load of sniggering journalists and sub-editors sitting round in the Sun canteen, giggling like Beavis & Butthead about their brilliant idea, and that as it gathered momentum, not one of them had the balls or wit to step up and say "You know what, this is pretty pathetic actually".

It's not the worst thing in the world, but it's low, it's unkind, and it's clearly an attempt to undermine the bloke before he's even sat down in his chair at FA HQ. It's quite obvious who the chimpanzees writing for The Sun wanted to get the job and they must have been hugely disappointed that their vast media campaign to appoint him has failed. Looks to me like they're pissed off to discover that perhaps they don't exert as much influence as they liked to imagine.

They seem to think they're speaking for the nation in their assessment of Hodgson- I have a feeling they might have misjugdged the mood on this one. A lot of people are sick of the whole bullshit and charades that seem to follow Redknapp everywhere he goes. Moreover, we're fed up of the players taking the piss and being over-indulged in their behaviour by managers, which I think Redknapp, in his desire to be everyone's mate, would only have exacerbated.

I don't suppose Hodgson would have got the job if there were many other outstanding candidates, but seeing as the only other opposition appeared to be 'Arry (dodgy, hardly ever won anything), O'Neill (yesterday's man, dull football), or the foreign manager route (Guardiola, Mourinho etc), then I think he's probably the sensible appointment. I'm confident he won't allow the superstars of the team to take the piss like they have previously. And in the meantime, I'd rather get behind the bloke than doom him from the outset.

Roy seems like a nice guy. Let's give him a chance.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
No more offensive than Monty Pythons 'Life of Brian'.

' Welease Woderwick............. '

Attachments

• life_of_brian_1358087c.jpg
    life_of_brian_1358087c.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 33
  • tumblr_lpklle8L3p1qjsex4o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lpklle8L3p1qjsex4o1_500.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The public will be on his side once he has dropped Terry and mustered a team of young hungry players who want to, and will play for, England. For me Hodgson's appointment feels like a clean start and a gust of fresh air blowing through the set up. Well done the FA.

Wow. Here's hoping. Never thought I'd say this but I'm less confident than you are about England's near future.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No more offensive than Monty Pythons 'Life of Brian'.

' Welease Woderwick............. '

Yeeeeeeeah, but that's a fictional character, albeit one that's being mocked for his voice. Roy Hodgson is a real person, you know, who doesn't really deserve to be abused before he's even sat down. It's not a crime not to be Harry Redknapp, you know.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Why do people comparre to films and shows, One is a complete fictional character the other is a real life person that is being mocked on the front page of a national news paper, you cant really compare.

Would you say the same thing if they mocked someone with one leg or another issue.

I really dont see how A, people find it funny or B, that it's in any way acceptable to mock a person all over the front page of a national news paper.

Would they be mocking Harry's twitch?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
One wise NSCer has already mused via Twitter today that The Sun would never have a front page mocking Harry Redknapp's disfigurement, so why Roy Hodgson's voice?

Yes, we've all had the occasional titter at his lisp, but you'd never be so rude to the bloke's face. I can't help feeling their front page today was the result of a load of sniggering journalists and sub-editors sitting round in the Sun canteen, giggling like Beavis & Butthead about their brilliant idea, and that as it gathered momentum, not one of them had the balls or wit to step up and say "You know what, this is pretty pathetic actually".

It's not the worst thing in the world, but it's low, it's unkind, and it's clearly an attempt to undermine the bloke before he's even sat down in his chair at FA HQ. It's quite obvious who the chimpanzees writing for The Sun wanted to get the job and they must have been hugely disappointed that their vast media campaign to appoint him has failed. Looks to me like they're pissed off to discover that perhaps they don't exert as much influence as they liked to imagine.

They seem to think they're speaking for the nation in their assessment of Hodgson- I have a feeling they might have misjugdged the mood on this one. A lot of people are sick of the whole bullshit and charades that seem to follow Redknapp everywhere he goes. Moreover, we're fed up of the players taking the piss and being over-indulged in their behaviour by managers, which I think Redknapp, in his desire to be everyone's mate, would only have exacerbated.

I don't suppose Hodgson would have got the job if there were many other outstanding candidates, but seeing as the only other opposition appeared to be 'Arry (dodgy, hardly ever won anything), O'Neill (yesterday's man, dull football), or the foreign manager route (Guardiola, Mourinho etc), then I think he's probably the sensible appointment. I'm confident he won't allow the superstars of the team to take the piss like they have previously. And in the meantime, I'd rather get behind the bloke than doom him from the outset.

Roy seems like a nice guy. Let's give him a chance.

Redknapp "writes" for the sun, was more than likely his idea.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Whether it's offensive or not it's embarrassing that a national newspaper has that kind of thing on the front page. The press where I live is mostly useless, there's no tradition of investigative journalism or much shaming of corrupt officials so I wouldn't want censorship in the British press but this kind of thing along with the kind of stuff they produce when we play the Germans is just embarrassing.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
That sums up the Scummy SUN. You think they would have checked the spelling before they printed. tut.....tut :facepalm:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Total shit paper....

Looks like that headline was written by a 5 years old...

Says it all.. highlighting his speech impediment but not the fact he can speak around 5 different languages

Poor Roy is going to get slated by the media and England haven't even played yet... Anything less than the euro title and he's in trouble

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here