Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sun front page today...

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I am pleasantly surprised by how many people are anti Sun and it is good. I hate the Sun. Really is poor writing, bullying and tittle tattle that really shouldnt have a place in society...

And as mentioned before anyone that thinks a title mocking someones speech impediment is exactly the knuckle dragging target audience it is trying to target with its simple and pathetic titles and stories.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yet again another MASSIVE misjudgement by The Sun, Redknapp never WAS and never will be the peoples CHOICE of manager and to suggest it is another Brian CLOUGH situation is BOLLOCKS. In '77 Cloughie had ALREADY got a League TITLE to his name.

Corrected that for you :thumbsup:

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Nothings Changed Then.

200px-Graham_Taylor_Resigns_Sun_Headline.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I think it's quite irresponsible if nothing else

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Never buy that rag. Not because Murdoch; but just so little news, awful writing & lowlife hacks producing lowlife crap.
Not exclusive to the Sun. I cannot see the attraction of the Mirror, People, Star.

Their cowardly and snide attack on Roy, due to some screwed-up mates of Redknapp's being gutted that he never got the job; just emphasised that there are some real scum in their 'news' and sports rooms.

The football writers in the Telegragh, Guardian & Times are several levels above in fairness, class & intelligence.

Agreed about Clough:
Totally different.

Had already taken little old Derby & Forest to being the English champions, ahead of the might of Leeds, LFC, Arsenal and others at that time.

He wasn't a mate of the press & was an awkward (non-FA) character.

Redknapp has won an FACup by giving Pompey £130m of debts, and manages a Spurs team of players bought at great expense by the previous managers & since by Levy, which have spells of playing good attacking football; but are also frail.

Clough was up there with the very best British managers of all time. Redknapp will never be mentioned in such terms.

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Well it gave them an excuse to run a different front page story from most of the other papers.

Just think, if Roy hadn't been appointed yesterday then they may have had to bite the bullet and have had a front page of lauding that annoying chick lit bint Louise Mensch.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
That is true but a simplistic view, the paper is like a sugar hit for the senses, lots of colours, tits, sordid stories of personal misery. Its actually very well designed for what it wants i.e. switch of your brain and enjoy.

If you buy it you're signing up to giving Murdoch and his employees money. I can't see the enjoyment in that. If you want tits, you have the internet.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
For all it's so called patriotism , The Sun does seem to try very hard to derail any success England may enjoy.They are kicking him to floor before he has even taken his first step. I would suggest a boycott , but it seems after reading 7 pages of threads nobody buys it anyway.

I for one think this could work in Hodgeson's favour. We will be going into a major tournement without the weight of expectation on the players shoulders. Just like Denmark in 1988(replaced Yugoslavia at the last minute) and Greece in 2004. .........You never know.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For all it's so called patriotism , The Sun does seem to try very hard to derail any success England may enjoy.They are kicking him to floor before he has even taken his first step. I would suggest a boycott , but it seems after reading 7 pages of threads nobody buys it anyway.

I for one think this could work in Hodgeson's favour. We will be going into a major tournement without the weight of expectation on the players shoulders. Just like Denmark in 1988(replaced Yugoslavia at the last minute) and Greece in 2004. .........You never know.

You're so right.
The tabloids would get far more excited from 3 heavy group game defeats for England, and say Ukrainian police attacking England fans (which English tabloids would report the other way around), than

Hodgon's England making say the semi's and playing well.

Unpatriotic, and also they love sh*t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here