Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sun front page today...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Indeed.

Liverpool supporters must be in a strange place today, claiming to never read The Sun yet commenting feverishly (around the 'net) on a front page that rips the ass out of a despised former manager!

I'm sure Roy will be comforted by his £10million pound contract. :thumbsup:

Not really. I haven't bought The Sun since the Hillsborough coverage either, and yet I get the gist of what they said, the headline was spoken about on teh radio, and there are pictures of teh front page all over Twitter.

As for him being a "despised former manager" I don't think that's the case at all judging by teh reception he got at Anfield teh other week with West Brom. I think it was just a case of the supporters having unrealistic expectations of an ordinary team, while a favoured manager who those supporters (again unrealistically) believed was some sort of messiah was waiting in the wings.

I do hope England is not a case of history repeating themselves, as the national team are as ordinary as Liverpool, the fans seem to think we have the "World Class" players to be challenging to win the tournament this summer, and we have 'Arry in the Dalglish role.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Just another example of how the tax dodging old **** has blanketed the country with his trash. And the morons lap it up.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Crikey, judging by some of the reaction here it's as well they don't still make 'Spitting Image', plenty of real life people being mocked there.

Attachments

• _40161725_portillo_203.jpg
    _40161725_portillo_203.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 199
  • _1464724_heseltine150.jpg
    _1464724_heseltine150.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 202
  • 168x126-1688.jpg
    168x126-1688.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 185
  • profimedia-0011377100.jpg
    profimedia-0011377100.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 39
  • Spitting%20Image.jpg
    Spitting%20Image.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Crikey, judging by some of the reaction here it's as well they don't still make 'Spitting Image', plenty of real life people being mocked there.

That's the difference between news and comedy though isn't it. The Sun and Viz, to repeat my earlier comments.

Spitting Image was brilliant, very, very funny, but if the satire and puppets had been adopted by the News at Ten, there would have been an outcry.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

There is a distinct difference one was a political news satire that claimed to be nothing more then entertainment. The other claims to be the "voice of a nation" and "the peoples paper" and other such bullocks, one day the pedophile catcher the next, taking the piss out of a speech impediment on it's front page.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
There is a distinct difference one was a political news satire that claimed to be nothing more then entertainment. The other claims to be the "voice of a nation" and "the peoples papers" and other such bullocks, one day the pedophile catcher the next, taking the piss out of a speech impediment on it's front page.

Don't forget the fun and hilarity they had with Frank Bruno when he had his mental breakdown. And he really was the "peoples champion", everyone loved Frank, but oh how The Sun lapped up the opportunity to have a giggle when his World was falling apart.

They really are beneath contempt.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Its amazing that people basically say that bullying acceptable as thats pretty much what the sun have done.

Cant believe he ant been in the job 5mins and getting treated like that, no wonder this country win's f*** all and the laughing stock of the world, where a disgrace mocking someone like that attacking the national team manager that has not even been in the job 24 hours

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The public will be on his side once he has dropped Terry and mustered a team of young hungry players who want to, and will play for, England. For me Hodgson's appointment feels like a clean start and a gust of fresh air blowing through the set up. Well done the FA.
There is no way he will drop John Terry straight away. That would be seen as devisive and poor man management. Not entirely like McClaren's pathetic dropping of David Beckham to make some sort of statement. The only statement is made was that he didn't know what he was doing.

He will bring in some of the old guard, probably take them to the Euros - but some of them won't start, and after the tournament he will gradually forget about calling them up at all. I'd love him to drop John Terry as such, but it's probably a bad idea from the point of view of motivation of a squad (unless they all hate him as much as the public do)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Its amazing that people basically say that bullying acceptable as thats pretty much what the sun have done.

Cant believe he ant been in the job 5mins and getting treated like that, no wonder this country win's f*** all and the laughing stock of the world, where a disgrace mocking someone like that attacking the national team manager that has not even been in the job 24 hours

Here's the thing, it's not even like he's fair game, like some bent old politician who's been on the take or caught with his pants down, or has already failed as England boss. He hasn't even started yet and they're looking for a stick to beat him with. Would we have had twitchy jokes if Redknapp had got the job? I doubt that very much.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
For anyone who have no idea what I was talking about above.

What could it have been about our media that makes people like Gary Speed feel they cannot publically admit to mental health issues, stress or depression, eh? The "peoples paper" can do this to Frank, so they'll chew you up, and spit you out too.

Sun5.jpg

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
The tabloids wanted Redknapp because he's controversial and volatile and they know that he would sell papers. Hodgson is well mannered and sensible, which won't sell papers.
So I gather the big plan is: take the piss out of Hodgson, make all the easily-led working-class Sun readers think that he is a joke, they all call for his head when we get knocked out in the group stages/ second round of the Euro's, print sensationalist headlines about how "England fans want Hodgson out", sell more papers to the gullible working-class.
Wankers.

Like.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Don't forget the fun and hilarity they had with Frank Bruno when he had his mental breakdown. And he really was the "peoples champion", everyone loved Frank, but oh how The Sun lapped up the opportunity to have a giggle when his World was falling apart.

They really are beneath contempt.

Exactly if you could condense the papers views down into one person, would you really have anything to do with them?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For anyone who have no idea what I was talking about above.

What could it have been about our media that makes people like Gary Speed feel they cannot publically admit to mental health issues, stress or depression, eh? The "peoples paper" can do this to Frank, so they'll chew you up, and spit you out too.

Sun5.jpg

The most touching thing about that, of course, was that this particular headline only appeared on the early edition. By the later print run, they realised how grotesquely inappropiate and frankly unpleasant that was, and changed it (without a hint of an apology) to "Sad Bruno In Mental Home". And called him a "hero".

How caring of them.

I have a theory on why The Sun are so pissed off that Harry didn't get it.

Could it be that they have got a vast portfolio of misdemeanour's already on our Harry and were already planning the inevitable and customary destabilising of the National team just prior to a major tournament but Roy is, or at least seems to be, squeaky clean?

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I can't help feeling their front page today was the result of a load of sniggering journalists and sub-editors sitting round in the Sun canteen, giggling like Beavis & Butthead about their brilliant idea, and that as it gathered momentum, not one of them had the balls or wit to step up and say "You know what, this is pretty pathetic actually".

They are a bunch of cynical hacks, I can't imagine them giggling. they know exactly what they are doing and they don't do it for laughs.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
The Sun are pathetic. If you find that front page funny your exactly what the Sun want their readers to be... Naive & easily led. It's cheap writing by a publication that has been shown up badly on numerous occasions & once again shot themselves in the foot. I'm well behind Roy Hodgson right now. If he turns out to shit then fair enough the press will no doubt tear him a new arsehole & we can all say why didn't the FA appoint Arry. I think Hodgson is the number 1 candidate & like the bully in the playground who's scared shitless, the Sun take the piss & try to appeal to the blinded who believe every word they write. f*** wits!!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
People still buy it? They're the ones in the wrong. If the demand is there, they'll sell newspapers.

That is true but a simplistic view, the paper is like a sugar hit for the senses, lots of colours, tits, sordid stories of personal misery. Its actually very well designed for what it wants i.e. switch of your brain and enjoy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here