Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sun front page today...

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
It's like a headline written by a 10 year old.

I would love him to do really well and then tell the editors where they can shove their childish opinions, but he's far too much of a gentleman to do that.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
anyone even remotely offended needs to get a gwip

it' seems a recent phenomenon that people have to be outraged by everything

and it's truly nauseating

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Clearly they wanted a geezer what talks like 'arry, el tel or ray winston, someone what never listened in English classes and uses all the wrong tenses 'we was', 'they was the better side', speaking footballese for the masses. Roy clearly listened in English classes which puts him a little ahead of their generally 'thick' readership, a slight lisp is not a big deal.:wrong:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It is a very cheap shot, exceptionally childish and totally unfunny.

I think the Sun is a simply awful newspaper and not worthy of the name, but it has, on occasions, come up with some very witty headlines that have been very amusing without being derogatory.

This one is totally devoid of wit. It is a pathetic headline that we could all have have thought of but most of us would have dismissed instantly as hardly worthy of a primary school playground, let alone our best-selling daily 'newspaper'.

Well that saved me some typing. THIS!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Pathetic headline (which goes along with the pathetic press conference Hodgson was subjected to yesterday). Lifted from Twitter 'Charming front page of the Sun. Hodgson has won 11 major titles/trophies, speaks 5 languages but let's mock his speech'.
Going by the Twitter reaction it has backfired but the Sun will never acknowledge that (they tend to ignore anything that goes against their party line)

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Written by Morons, read by Morons.

The Sun that is, not NSC!!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's pathetic more than offensive, although it is offensive, too, because I think Roy Hodgson is intelligent enough not to take much/any notice.

AQnd according to the Guardian yesterday, some of this is about contributing to the set up of a £100,000,000 national training set up. I think Roy is better set up ALL ROUND to do the complete job, and this just makes me want him to succeed even more.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What a shameless, embarrassing rag that thing is.

Ignoring the disgraceful attack on the England manager on the basis that he speak with a lisp .... is that REALLY a front page headline? What sort of intellect do their readers have if THAT is the front page headline today, representing the most important news story in their World? Actually I know the answer to that.

Anyone who buys The Sun on a regular basis is basically saying, "I can't actually cope with a newspaper, that's why I read this daily comic."

It's basically a daily, topical Viz.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Who would YOU rather employ - a man who can speak FIVE languages fluently, with a lisp, or one who can't read any?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What a shameless, embarrassing rag that thing is.

Ignoring the disgraceful attack on the England manager on the basis that he speak with a lisp .... is that REALLY a front page headline? What sort of intellect do their readers have if THAT is the front page headline today, representing the most important news story in their World? Actually I know the answer to that.

Anyone who buys The Sun on a regular basis is basically saying, "I can't actually cope with a newspaper, that's why I read this daily comic."

Summed things up perfectly for me.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

That's an outrageous dig at Viz, I have every edition for about 20 years, and it is without doubt the funniest rag in the country. Anyone who does not keep a copy of The Profanisaurus by their toilet for dump related light reading is missing out.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I find it neither funny nor outrageous. I suppose at least they've decided to mock him from the off rather than to wait and turnipise him later. Ideally, with the speedy demise of the paper press, fewer people will follow their dimwitted and horrific ways even with a free pink hairdryer waved in front of them. All that really means is that idiots will find other idiots to follow though, so the world won't become pure with the death of just one foul beast.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
They are just bitter they didn't get Harry in, Christ this country is so far behind the footballing world it's unreal, no other top nation would appoint someone like redknapp

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's no more distasteful or offensive than usual.

I just think it's about time the tabloid media and the mindless goons that buy it got behind a manager and the players for once. We were all told Redknapp was the best man, by the media, now maybe they can tell us to support the team?

I think I've found the flaw in your suggestion.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
That's an outrageous dig at Viz, I have every edition for about 20 years, and it is without doubt the funniest rag in the country. Anyone who does not keep a copy of The Profanisaurus by their toilet for dump related light reading is missing out.

LOL, don't get me wrong, I love Viz (and hate The Sun), but God bless Viz they don't claim their characatures are supposed to be the truth about real people, or indeed news. If The Sun marketed itself as a comic, maybe I would find that funny as well.

"Ha ha, did you see that piece where they claimed the multi-lingual highly experienced England Manager wasn't fit for the job because his r's sound like w's? Excellent. That Fat Slag on the inside page was brilliant as well, ha ha, Jordan getting married again, a tired old gag, but they always make it sound so funny. Top Tips was good as well, 'leak a blowjob video to teh net, and you too can win the Worlds Sexiest Women', oh that was great."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here