Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sun front page today...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What i find interesting about this front page is the claim by Simon Cowell that he created the carbon rich mineral that powered the Industrial Revolution. Is there no end to this man's talents?

Grrrr even getting up at 7am isn't early enough to beat someone to this! :lolol:

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Call me old fashioned but I like my football manager to be able to read, write and count to at least 10. Oh yeah and not be a second hand car salesman in his spare time...

Harry Reknapp mould have been an awful appointment I'm glad Roy has got it. I also think being the England coach must be the hardest job in football. You have 10 games a season if you're lucky and are supposed to create the magic of taking 23 mostly average players and turn them into world beaters. Oh and of course even in those 10 games you can't even play the side you'd want to as club managers start putting restrictions on who you can play and for how long.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Well, if that's how they treat him at the beginning it's probably safe to assume that barring any trophies being won he'll be ripped apart by them at the earliest opportunity, for not being 'Arry presumably.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I just find it rather sad really. Pathetic headline from a pathetic paper run by a pathetic man.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
It is a very cheap shot, exceptionally childish and totally unfunny.

I think the Sun is a simply awful newspaper and not worthy of the name, but it has, on occasions, come up with some very witty headlines that have been very amusing without being derogatory.

This one is totally devoid of wit. It is a pathetic headline that we could all have have thought of but most of us would have dismissed instantly as hardly worthy of a primary school playground, let alone our best-selling daily 'newspaper'.

The tabloids wanted Redknapp because he's controversial and volatile and they know that he would sell papers. Hodgson is well mannered and sensible, which won't sell papers.
So I gather the big plan is: take the piss out of Hodgson, make all the easily-led working-class Sun readers think that he is a joke, they all call for his head when we get knocked out in the group stages/ second round of the Euro's, print sensationalist headlines about how "England fans want Hodgson out", sell more papers to the gullible working-class.
Wankers.

That just about nails it, and for that reason I really want Hodgson to be a success at the job.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Also, bizarrely, they completely plagiarised a tweet for this front page...

Bwing on The Euwos!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-05-02 at 08.18.25.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-02 at 08.18.25.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 79

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
It is a very cheap shot, exceptionally childish and totally unfunny.

I think the Sun is a simply awful newspaper and not worthy of the name, but it has, on occasions, come up with some very witty headlines that have been very amusing without being derogatory.

This one is totally devoid of wit. It is a pathetic headline that we could all have have thought of but most of us would have dismissed instantly as hardly worthy of a primary school playground, let alone our best-selling daily 'newspaper'.

Agree with this too. Much as I hate the paper they are often very good at what they do. Catchy headlines being one of those things.

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
I feel desparately sorry for Roy Hodgson. He appears to me to be a reliable, mild-mannered gentleman with integrity, he has decades of experience in football and is respected around the world as a coach. Being appointed as England manager should be the pinnacle of his career, but it's just going to be the start of an absolute nightmare for him. One day into his reign, having asked for some public support, the Sun run this pathetic headline and last night on Channel 4 news he was being challenged about his decision to play football in apartheid South Africa in 1973 (the clear implication being "the England manager is a racist").

£2m a year might soften the misery coming his way, but I fully expect him to be on the front page of the Sun as a mock-up of Elmer Fudd within 6 months.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Its the Sun, what do you expect? They certainly wouldn't go with the top story about Murdoch being unfit to run big medias businesses would they? Crap paper, designed to be read by morons, end of.

What baffles me is why he would want the job.

Harry was the choice of the media and players.
England manager = poisoned chalice.
British press are complete wankers.
And he has a slight speech impediment, which has already given the press a highly ammusing headline.

The man already has my admiration for even considering it let alone taking it.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Pathetic - and just the start of the Sun's witch hunt against Roy unless we produce some miraculous results in the Euros - when no doubt they'll change their tune as they see public opinion swinging against them.

Have to say I wanted Redknapp but thought he was excellent in the press conference yesterday - hope he does really well. Would love him to drop some of the old guard, bring in some of the kids and plan for the 3 tournaments after the Euros.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here