Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sun front page today...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If this is how they treat someone with a speech impediment, I can't wait to see their coverage of the Paralympics

Or sportsmen with mental health issues? Oh, we know this one don't we.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
You wait till he's lost a couple of games they will be turning him into a turnip with a speech impediment , poor guy getting slaughtered before a ball already kicked I bet the press can't wait for him to fail they think it'll make a better story than us winning

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
They never picked up on his speech impediment before when he was at Liverpool or fulham why do it now coz he's the England manager what a joke It Certainly is the poisoned chalice of a job

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Roy should just say "The Sun's sales rankings aren't my concern" in his next press conference.

Gives him the moral high ground, but also plays a wonderful joke at their own expense.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You wait till he's lost a couple of games they will be turning him into a turnip with a speech impediment , poor guy getting slaughtered before a ball already kicked I bet the press can't wait for him to fail they think it'll make a better story than us winning

The public will be on his side once he has dropped Terry and mustered a team of young hungry players who want to, and will play for, England. For me Hodgson's appointment feels like a clean start and a gust of fresh air blowing through the set up. Well done the FA.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Roy should just say "The Sun's sales rankings aren't my concern" in his next press conference.

Gives him the moral high ground, but also plays a wonderful joke at their own expense.

"I read The Guardian" is the moral high ground.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
If you felt the paper was going to be supportive of his management you could look kindly on it as an affectionate joke. In which case fine. Bit obvious - but fine.

But I suspect it is part of the armoury to be used to undermine the bloke.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The public will be on his side once he has dropped Terry and mustered a team of young hungry players who want to, and will play for, England. For me Hodgson's appointment feels like a clean start and a gust of fresh air blowing through the set up. Well done the FA.

I would like that - but let's see what his first squad is. He has given no indication of his intentions has he ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
mildly offensive and very childish. why is it even on the front page? shows they aren't going to give him any time to get on with job and hound him because they wanted Redknapp. anything short of a final at the Euros and they will consider him a failure, despite everyone having written off this tournement 3 months ago.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its more embarrasing than offensive, although it is that as well. Something a 5 year old, upon reflection would be embarrassed about. Also I for one am very happy with the appointment. A Man of dignity and decorum who likes to do things the right way. Should be quite a shock to the England players and it give's Zamora a chance again as Roy loves him.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
It's no more distasteful or offensive than usual.

I just think it's about time the tabloid media and the mindless goons that buy it got behind a manager and the players for once. We were all told Redknapp was the best man, by the media, now maybe they can tell us to support the team?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
PLUS I think it's a dodgy appointment.

You are saying ROY is a dodgy appointment? Did you know that Harry Redknapp was also in the running?

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
The tabloids wanted Redknapp because he's controversial and volatile and they know that he would sell papers. Hodgson is well mannered and sensible, which won't sell papers.
So I gather the big plan is: take the piss out of Hodgson, make all the easily-led working-class Sun readers think that he is a joke, they all call for his head when we get knocked out in the group stages/ second round of the Euro's, print sensationalist headlines about how "England fans want Hodgson out", sell more papers to the gullible working-class.
Wankers.

Spot on.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Pathetic headline, I doubt whether the jorno's would say the same in a press conference so why on the front page of a newspaper (albeit a retarded one)?

What i find interesting about this front page is the claim by Simon Cowell that he created the carbon rich mineral that powered the Industrial Revolution. Is there no end to this man's talents?

kano

Jun 17, 2011
It seems to me that some people have FAR too much time on their hands if they are offended by that. Utterly pathetic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here