Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sun-Brighton do not have the cash to begin building work.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Real binfest potential here.

Not surprising that people are wondering nervously whether the Sun might have some info we don't know about when our own club comes up with a statement in which it talks about a year's delay (2 years in total now) and then spins it by insisting that the fact it is being built at all is wonderful news.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm really not sure what the point you're trying to make here is. TLO's entirely right that those names are in the public domain...

:thud:

Yes they are in the public domain however instead of replying to Tubby Mondays point he went on the offensive again in an attempt to dodge said point. Whilst doing so he dropped it in that he is a regular club smoozer so that us mere mortals can see how great he is to have had an audience with such AMAZING people as Martin Perry and Derek Chapman.

Dunno about you but I'm impressed!

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I'm not trying to be critical here, at all, but that's not actually true. There are people who purchased 3 year season tickets this summer, on the understanding that this included the first year at Falmer.

Are you sure? I thought there were only 1 and 2 year tickets available this summer? I would have a bought a 3 year ticket but thought I could only get a 2 year one.

Last edited:

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
O.K, so could a situation arise (and forgive me for simplifying things here) whereby someone from such a bank/financial institution/ whatever wrote a statement saying 'Dear Football Club I promise to lend you £25 million to build your stadium Signed Dave the Banker dated 3/9/2004', and that letter be put in with the planning application and so on and the council be happy with it and grant permission.

Four years down the line when A.N Other FootballClub turn up at Dave The Bankers bank (or whats left of it) and say 'Abouth that money you promised youd lend us 4 years ago...' and Dave The Bankers replacement (he lost his job due to some global economic downturn) says 'What loan/what money/sod off'?

is what i was referring to earlier. bank funding works exactly like this, and "commitment" covers a very broad range from firm commitment to qualified commitment to indicative etc etc

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Yes they are in the public domain however instead of replying to Tubby Mondays point he went on the offensive again in an attempt to dodge said point. Whilst doing so he dropped it in that he is a regular club smoozer so that us mere mortals can see how great he is to have had an audience with such AMAZING people as Martin Perry and Derek Chapman.

So I mention their names, and you think I'm great personal friends with them? Good one.

Oh, and I did reply to Tubby Monday's point.

Apart from that, an excellent post.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If it was a quality broadsheet I'd be worried. The Sun can print what it likes, few people listen to what it has to say.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Where did he say he's had an audience with them ???

I could have named the very same people ( along with some others working on the project ) - doesn't mean I'm a "club smoozer". Besides, better a club smoozer than a club traitor Mr Forfars !

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So I mention their names, and you think I'm great personal friends with them? Good one.

Hmmmm come on you were name dropping a bit! Lets face it you do take great pleasure in telling me/everyone that Derek Chapman told YOU personally that I will not be welcome at Falmer if/when* it gets built.

In fact you mentioned it yesterday I seem to recall!

*delete as appropriate

Oh, and I did reply to Tubby Monday's point.

Weeeeeeeeellll not really.

Out of interest what did Martin Perry, Derek Chapman and/or Richard Hebbard tell you when you ask them that question?

Apart from that, an excellent post.

Thanks, I tend to find most of them are!

Anyway I'm going home for the weekend. You have a lovely one and here's to three points on Saturday!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The Sun have also reported today that Mark Hughes may move to Spurs :lolol::lolol::lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are you sure? I thought there were only 1 and 2 year tickets available this summer? I would have a bought a 3 year ticket but thought I could only get a 2 year one.

I'm pretty sure my Mum bought a 3yr one this summer, but I will check when I next speak to her.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well, what did you want? A full, explicit report with details?

And all this BEFORE the deal is negotiated, signed, sealed and delivered.

According to the club, they are talking to several financial organisations - how this is all affected with the recent stock market fun and games, I've no idea. However, my point is, I'm guessing that the club themselves might not even know which deal(s) to go for just yet, and won't do until it's time to sign.

...was my reply to Tubby Monday's question. Hardly dodging it.

Hmmmm come on you were name dropping a bit! Lets face it you do take great pleasure in telling me/everyone that Derek Chapman told YOU personally that I will not be welcome at Falmer if/when* it gets built.

In fact you mentioned it yesterday I seem to recall!

*delete as appropriate

Well, if I'd said 'someone inside the Albion', you'd have dimissed it. Instead, your response was to accuse me of lying and saying that that conversation never took place.

Besides, how many of Derek Chapman's old pals who post on here would be accused of 'name-dropping'?

Apart from that, mentioning someone's name is hardly 'schmoozing' is it? Or maybe it is in your universe...?

Out of interest what did Martin Perry, Derek Chapman and/or Richard Hebbard tell you when you ask them that question?

Never asked them. Instead, it seems everyone else has, which I think kind of answers Tubby Monday's original point.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
For fucks sakes its the f***ing sun for christs sake.Its wrong as the club will confirm.Yes the extra year wait is bad but the ground will be built.Do you think the council would let the Albion have the land and let work begin in December if funding was not in place.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Russell Brand, Mylene Class, Jordan and Peter and Jude Law.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
See my other post. ALL THE f***ing TIME!

Jesus wept.

Are you actually saying that you follow my every move and know when and where I speak to the club's directors? What a f***ing tragedy you really are.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, I haven't spoken to Chapman since that do in April, nor Martin Perry probably this year. Why, do you feel you're missing out on something?

'ALL THE f***ing TIME'. You really are a prat.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Real binfest potential here.

Not surprising that people are wondering nervously whether the Sun might have some info we don't know about when our own club comes up with a statement in which it talks about a year's delay (2 years in total now) and then spins it by insisting that the fact it is being built at all is wonderful news.

If it does get built it will be though, delays and all. I'm not inclined to just laugh off the Sun's allegations as being under researched crap or mischief making although I really hope that that's how it turns out. How many of us would be suprised if the club eventually comes out and says it's having problems funding the stadium?

Have to say I'm almost expecting to hear just that :(

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Do you honestly believe that a multi millionaire would take over our club, sell our ground and leave us homeless so risking our very future. For fucks sake our chief executive is a former member of parliament for Christs sake.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If it does get built it will be though, delays and all. I'm not inclined to just laugh off the Sun's allegations as being under researched crap or mischief making although I really hope that that's how it turns out. How many of us would be suprised if the club eventually comes out and says it's having problems funding the stadium?

Thats next.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I've no idea about the funding, but...

...if there was any truth in the story, don't you think other papers would have picked up on it? If this was a biggish story, why didn't The Sun make more of it?

Similarly, who would his source be about the supposed lack of incoming funding? The banks? The club? The club's solicitors? No-one else appears party to it - aside from NSC, of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here