Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sun-Brighton do not have the cash to begin building work.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
On the basis of the last three seasons how could anyone believe that the present board could afford the huge loans required, and that was before the credit crunch. When you read both Liverpool and Everton are having problems in securing the necessary finance for new stadiums what possible chance have we got.
If anyone disputes my opinion I am quite happy to listen providing they can name who is providing the loans.

Strangely enough, I didn't believe BEFORE the credit crunch that this board had £49m stuffed in their back pocket to pay for the stadium, nor do I believe now that they have £60m.

What I have is trust that they will raise enough money to pay for it from some other sources.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
So let me get this straight.
The Sun, who have never got wind of any of the fun and games that we have regarding the Falmer, have suddenly stated that we are having problems funding the stadium .... and we fall for it.
Lets face it, if this was the case the Argus would be wanking themselves stupid and would be having a field day plastering it over the front page.

It wouldn't surpise me if we are having problems funding it ...actually I would be surprised if we weren't especially considering how the ability borrow changes every five minutes. The building regs, H&S seems much more plausible for the delay if not a little boring.

Mind you the fun Arthur having with this, he'll have no dick left.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Dear Arthur,
Can you let us know what exactly you'd like to happen with the stadium and even the Albion. Do you give a toss what happens? if not, why are you here?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Dear Arthur,
Can you let us know what exactly you'd like to happen with the stadium and even the Albion. Do you give a toss what happens? if not, why are you here?

Doug, I thought you were King of the one liners...........

What happened........... 3 lines

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Doug, I thought you were King of the one liners...........

What happened........... 3 lines

Dont disturb him I expect he's having a little nap now, Poor bugger must be exhausted after all that typing.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Well, what did you want? A full, explicit report with details?

And all this BEFORE the deal is negotiated, signed, sealed and delivered.

According to the club, they are talking to several financial organisations - how this is all affected with the recent stock market fun and games, I've no idea. However, my point is, I'm guessing that the club themselves might not even know which deal(s) to go for just yet, and won't do until it's time to sign.

No not at all which is why I asked 'What did you expect them to say?'

It was a rhetorical question. A RHETORICAL QUESTION. Look it it up.

What deal? What signature? What delivery?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
When a paper leads with a front page about TK Maxx selling jackets with knives attached it is hard to take anything they say seriously!

The day they lay the first brick can't come soon enough so at least all the doubters can start actually enjoying the fruits of over a decade of hard work and waiting

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Dear Arthur,

I cant reply on Arthurs behalf. But I what I would assume he would like to happen is the stadium gets built and the club go from strength to strength. Like all of us would. What I presume he is for is to ask people what the hell is going on and where the moneys coming from.

Arthur correct me if Im wrong.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Ths story in the Sun looks like a case of slapdash-subediting to me. Someone junior's been told to get a long local paper story down to two short sentences. The facts are often a bit contracted, shall we say.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Not at all it seems spot on to me. Thank you my Sun: first bit of accurate reporting since it started.

Would this be the same excuse for a newspaper that reported that Savage would not come on loan to Brighton as he was going to Crewe? That too was a very accurate report.

What criminal offence would he have committed?

Let's look at the original scenario ...

O.K, so could a situation arise (and forgive me for simplifying things here) whereby someone from such a bank/financial institution/ whatever wrote a statement saying 'Dear Football Club I promise to lend you £25 million to build your stadium Signed Dave the Banker dated 3/9/2004', and that letter be put in with the planning application and so on and the council be happy with it and grant permission.

Four years down the line when A.N Other FootballClub turn up at Dave The Bankers bank (or whats left of it) and say 'Abouth that money you promised youd lend us 4 years ago...' and Dave The Bankers replacement (he lost his job due to some global economic downturn) says 'What loan/what money/sod off'?

The fact that Dave The Banker's replacement was unable to find the Bank's record of a loan that had been promised means either that Dave The Banker's offer of a loan was part of a conspiracy between him and the Football Club to achieve planning permission fraudulently (which is a criminal offence) or that Dave The Banker failed to keep adequate records of the business that he undertook on behalf of the Bank (which is also a criminal offence).

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The fact that Dave The Banker's replacement was unable to find the Bank's record of a loan that had been promised means either that Dave The Banker's offer of a loan was part of a conspiracy between him and the Football Club to achieve planning permission fraudulently (which is a criminal offence) or that Dave The Banker failed to keep adequate records of the business that he undertook on behalf of the Bank (which is also a criminal offence).

It would appear Dave the Banker has got a lot to answer for. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here