Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sun-Brighton do not have the cash to begin building work.

I dont know if we have funding in place or not. None of us here does. I know its a million million times smaller, but when I was starting out having my conservatory done, although I had a signed offer of a loan (so I knew where the money was coming from), there was no way that I was gonna start spouting it off to potential building contractors. Would I get a good deal, of course not. They would charge me on exactly how much I had secured. Plus, the exact details of that signed offer would remain secret between the bank and myself.
Spot on !

As is the rest of your post.

On the phone in Perry said the financial advisors are 'very condfident' of the funding being in place so this means the funding is not in place no matter what spin the lapdog or his lickers put on it which means that there could still be a problem with it.

We were told many moons ago that the funding was in place, all total Perry bolloxs, wake up and sniff it the truth is out there we have been stitched, we would have been better off if we had folded and came back, and you know we would have true Brightonians and Hoverians, non B&Hers piss of and support your own teeam.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
LB, can you answer this point?

If I approach an estate agent to buy a house but don't have a guarantee of the funds being in place, i.e written confirmation from a lender, I could quite rightly expect not to be considered.

So taking Perry literally that the financial advisers are "confident" is like saying I've applied for a mortgage that I expect to get, i.e. meaningless in terms of the commitments the club have put forward like building to begin in December.

Until they have written commitments from all sources and, together, the sums add up to £60mill, you must concede there is a chance this can go tits up.

The Sun article has merely sparked a debate, but given the real contraction in credit availability, the rise in interest rates, projected costs and attandances below 6,000 the club need to be more open about where we are financially.

For me saying the financial advisers are confident of finance being in place, at this late stage of proceedings, is at best vague and at worst very worrying.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Is anyone on NSC suggesting that the main contractors will lift a shovel until they know that they will get paid......?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Agree the sun is an absolute rag which I wouldn't wipe my arse on but how does a few lines tucked away probably 5 pages in about Brighton help sell more papers!

was thinking just that

One good thing about the Sun newspaper is nobody admits to buying it but everybody seems to know whats printed in it.

I'l admit to buying it :thumbsup:

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Over the past 2/3 years the club has shown it has little money, this resulted in us being relegated from the Championship and understandingly lower gates.We now have a very bad financial situation whereby Banks are very careful to whom they grant loans, who could possibly imagine therefore in this situation that anyone would risk offering us even a small amount.The club have stated that money is available but will not say from whom,that says it all.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Over the past 2/3 years the club has shown it has little money, this resulted in us being relegated from the Championship and understandingly lower gates.We now have a very bad financial situation whereby Banks are very careful to whom they grant loans, who could possibly imagine therefore in this situation that anyone would risk offering us even a small amount.The club have stated that money is available but will not say from whom,that says it all.

No it doesn't. Only a fool would reveal their sources at this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here