Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The St Pauli / Palace Chant Yesteray

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
For anyone still doubting, sounds even better in this vid, around 3 minute mark. If people join in, it sounds great. Simple.

My video from yesterday

Last edited:

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
The group who got there pretty early on saturday, back of the stand in the middle and started all songs about Lewis Dunk, I think one of you had 'Bollox' on the back of his shirt. i don't know who you are as I don't get chance to go to that many games but you are the kind of fans that I want to be stood with, you started lots of songs, improved the atmposphere and it makes the whole game experience more fun. I don't care what we sing, just all get involoved and ffs don't boo anything! :D :L

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
The group who got there pretty early on saturday, back of the stand in the middle and started all songs about Lewis Dunk, I think one of you had 'Bollox' on the back of his shirt. i don't know who you are as I don't get chance to go to that many games but you are the kind of fans that I want to be stood with, you started lots of songs, improved the atmposphere and it makes the whole game experience more fun. I don't care what we sing, just all get involoved and ffs don't boo anything! :D :L

:bigwave: Bollox is a legend!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If we do drop it can we do one last rendition regularly on the 31st?

We hate you we hate you we hate you
cos you are f***ing pikeys pikeys pikeys
and selhurst is a shithole shithole shithole
but that's the way you like it like it like it

[MENTION=18186]rad[/MENTION] take note!

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne

but that's the way you like it like it like it.

Now that i would sing..................

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Thats a good one! Easy to change the words..........................................

The words have been changed, which I believe are

Thursday's a drinking day
Wednesday's Palace day :tosser:
Tuesday's uurrrggghhh
Monday's a finger day
Sunday's a prayer day
Saturday's football
Brighton & Hove Albion
Friday's a shaggin day
Are we happy?
You bet your life we are..

Someone will correct me if it's wrong:blush:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

but that's the way you like it like it like it

I'd prefer a simple

Who the f*** are pa*ace pa*ace pa*ace
You're all f***ing SCUM SCUM SCUM
woooooooooooo..........

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The simple fact is that PALACE sing it and PALACE sing it better than any attempt I've ever heard from our kids who sing it, which quite frankly means that everytime we attempt it, it turns out to be completely embarrassing.

It's not a song I'll join in with for the simple reason PALACE do it better, if it's attempted at Shithurst they will surely just piss themselves laughing at our kids singing it.

It's GASH, BOO it, end of.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Its not the fact that its a Palace sung song. Its the fact that it just reminds me on a bouncing away end at the Amex full of Scum and Mongos in Blue and Red

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Strange thread this considering that that was the best I've ever heard it sung, that it was sung once for two cycles, that there was no booing but instead enthusiastic joining in from around me in the middle behind the goal, and that we must have sung 25 or more different songs with the whole songbook on display.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Not a fan of it either, but Saturday's one at the end of the match was by far the best rendition we have done.

As above though, we can't compete with Palace on it (mainly because no-one seems to agree on the words) so singing it at Selhurst would be rather foolish. Unless we do it at full time if we have won, then it would wind them up a treat no doubt

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The fact that we have put our own words to it, automatically makes it 'our' song, surely?

In the same way that Blaydon Races is our song because it's 'Brighton Aces', and any other song 'stolen' over the years (i.e. pretty much EVERY song).

The problem is that we probably don't sing it WELL enough. That will come in time - Palace and other clubs have had ages to get it going in their 'ends' whereas we are a relatively new end with loads of different pockets of people singing.

Persist with it and it will be amazing

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The fact that we have put our own words to it, automatically makes it 'our' song, surely?

In the same way that Blaydon Races is our song because it's 'Brighton Aces', and any other song 'stolen' over the years (i.e. pretty much EVERY song).

The problem is that we probably don't sing it WELL enough. That will come in time - Palace and other clubs have had ages to get it going in their 'ends' whereas we are a relatively new end with loads of different pockets of people singing.

Persist with it and it will be amazing

This.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
When are people gonna realize it's not a f***ing Palace song? A lot of teams in the country have their own version and it the team what got the song going in England were in fact Newcastle NOT Palace. Booing our own fans because you don't like the song is nothing short of pathetic, get over it, if you don't like it don't sing it.
You can say this as many times as you like. It doesn't make you right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here