Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The St Pauli / Palace Chant Yesteray

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Sorry to upset the traditionalists but the 'Go left' song was absolutely f***ing dire yesterday, forgot how shit that is. The St Pauli one may not be my favourite but it sounded excellent yesterday when the vast majority joined in. I doubt it will ever get to proper levels of approval though as there are too many who oppose it. The entire Amex could sing it and RRH et all would still be on here afterwards saying it sounded shit.

Bez

Jul 14, 2003
I sing the old and the new, if you don't like em then don't join in but booing is a bit shit. Maybe we should just drop every song that any other club uses too. We would be left with very few tunes then.
The idea is to get some noise going.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
f***ing shit song that reminds me of THAT night at the Amex everytime. Hate it, and boo it. Whoever sings it needs to take a good look at themselves imo.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What great fans we have - booing the development squad because they couldn't beat Wrexham at home, who then nearly beat the first team and now booing our own fans because we don't like the song others are singing.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I quite like it .. given we have a pretty limited repertoire

Someone put a vote up. What would we have?

Seagulls
Stand up if you hate Palace
We're the xxxx stand
Albion, Albion, Albion
Sit down, Shut Up
GOSBTS

........ struggling now

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
When are people gonna realize it's not a f***ing Palace song? A lot of teams in the country have their own version and it the team what got the song going in England were in fact Newcastle NOT Palace. Booing our own fans because you don't like the song is nothing short of pathetic, get over it, if you don't like it don't sing it.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
When are people gonna realize it's not a f***ing Palace song? A lot of teams in the country have their own version and it the team what got the song going in England were in fact Newcastle NOT Palace. Booing our own fans because you don't like the song is nothing short of pathetic, get over it, if you don't like it don't sing it.

But unfortunately Palace do make it sound good, hence why it perceived to be a Palace song.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
But unfortunately Palace do make it sound good, hence why it perceived to be a Palace song.

So, Manchester United sing Glory Glory Man United and we sing Glory Glory Brighton and Hove Albion? Newcastle sing Blaydon races and we sing Brighton aces??

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Has anyone said it's a Palace song? It's the association with them that is the problem. They also made it sound good. That night was probably one of the worst football experiences of my life, even at the age of 44 and now mellowing, i took about a week to recover from my disappointment. The last thing I want is to remember that evening. Why are you so angry that many people just don't like the song? Free country and all that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What great fans we have - booing the development squad because they couldn't beat Wrexham at home, who then nearly beat the first team and now booing our own fans because we don't like the song others are singing.

This.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I don't like it but it was good yesterday.

For me, its one of those that works when you're winning and everybody is up for it.

I also think, it's okay if it's sung just the once like it was yesterday. Does my head in when people do it over and over again.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Has anyone said it's a Palace song? It's the association with them that is the problem. They also made it sound good. That night was probably one of the worst football experiences of my life, even at the age of 44 and now mellowing, i took about a week to recover from my disappointment. The last thing I want is to remember that evening. Why are you so angry that many people just don't like the song? Free country and all that.
I think its people booing the songs that he's talking about. No one's saying everyone has to join in but to actually boo your own supporters for singing is ridiculous (not that you are saying you did). We nicked "Seagulls" from Palace chanting "Eagles" FFS. If that happened now we'd have a massive debate about it on here for 6 months!

¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4655615 said:
I absolutely detest AL-BI-YAWN and I boo over it, expect I'm in the minority though. It is so crap, mournful and over-sung, please someone tell me why it's so popular?!

Because its got the word "Albion" in it, its not difficult to learn, and it sounds great.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
The only one i cant stand is the "get into em f*** em up" chant, i just don't sing it, i don't boo the people that do though

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
It sounded brilliant yesterday, almost everyone joined in and was bloody motivational after we went 2-1 up. f*** off haters, as you were in the minority yesterday. Case closed. If it reminds you of Palace and that night, I suggest we stop singing 'Seagulls, Seagulls' and 'We are Brighton, super Brighton', as they're too similar to Palace songs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here