Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The St Pauli / Palace Chant Yesteray

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Also I notice GOSBTS was back up to stupid speed yesterday.

Ridiculous speed. There was actually some gear-crunching; the 'ner, ner, ne-ner' etc bit (WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST LEARN THE f***ing WORDS? IT REALLY IS SIMPLE.) was one speed and the 'GOSBTS' bit was another speed entirely. Some people can't help themselves - it's like feeling that a few seconds of their lives are going to be tragically wasted if they don't get to get the end of the chant quicker.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
I was on the right side of the terrace and joined singing it, as did quite a few others. Over where i was stood it sounded louder than when Brighton Aces was sung tbh :) It does seem that most of the people who dislike this song are from the older generation, but yesterday it sounded the best it ever has for us and all added to the brillliant atmosphere :D

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
tbh it sounded great from the middle of the terrace and i thought most joined in

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I hate this excuse... 90% of our songs have the same tune that most teams in England sing to.. Do we drop them all? The only difference is its a new song to England.

Let's start singing that "ei-i-ei-i-ei-i-o, up the Football League we go" crap as well while we're at it then.
The problem surely lies in the fact that 90% of our songs have the same tune that most teams in England sing to. Could be something to do with the fact that our "ultras" can't think of anything original..

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The biggest problem with the song is its association with our rivals. However good or bad it may be or whatever its origins, it will forever make me think of Palace. I reckon a lot of our fans feel the same. That is not a good thing.
I agree with this , When we got relegated at Chortleton athletic they took great pride in singing the "ammirillo " song at us . Now when i see peter kay on the telly i want to scream at him " f*** OFF !" Also if i see tony christie ( not as often ) It always takes me back to that god awful day :angry:So i fully understand your stance on this song and the bad memories it evokes . Who wants to be reminded of THAT night every game !:facepalm:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It did sound good yesterday, however I would prefer to hear us sing stuff like 'Go Left Go Left' or 'Hello, Hello We are the Brighton Boys'.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I noticed yesterday that in the second half that when THAT chant started, certain sections within the right hand side of the terrace started booing the chant.

Before people start with the usual if you do not like a chant sing start something else, that is exactly what happened, with that area starting the traditional Albion, Albion, Albion.

Beyond that rather a good atmosphere yesterday.
That'll be me... and I started 90% of the bloody charts yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here