Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The St Pauli / Palace Chant Yesteray

kano

Jun 17, 2011
What great fans we have - booing the development squad because they couldn't beat Wrexham at home, who then nearly beat the first team and now booing our own fans because we don't like the song others are singing.

Booing a song sung by your own teams fans is possibly the most tragic thing i have ever heard :D

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I quite like it .. given we have a pretty limited repertoire

Someone put a vote up. What would we have?

Seagulls
Stand up if you hate Palace
We're the xxxx stand
Albion, Albion, Albion
Sit down, Shut Up
GOSBTS

........ struggling now

Seagulls stolen from Palace
Xxxxx stand can't be used as every club sing it
Stand up if you hate - Nope most clubs sing it
Albion - Still can't Burton and WBA sing it and it too a Liverpool tune

Hhmmmm seems we should just sit in silence. :D

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Irony was, it actually sounded pretty good yesterday.

One of the few songs that i heard on the radio coverage and it sounded good imo

I really don't get what the problem with singing this is, maybe its because we have more than our fair share of killjoys who want to dictate what people are allowed to sing (or prefer us to sing nothing at all as the old ones are too old and the new ones too embarrassing)

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
This is the issue, you never hear that group from the north stand who sining the St Pauli chant, singing older songs like the ones you suggest.

How many times must I tell you that is INCORRECT I didn't start it yesterday not sure who did but it sounded great, as your comment I start all manner of older songs Aces, GOSBTS, Peter Ward songs, P-a-l-a-ce and many more.

You always seem to miss my replies though.

Odd.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Booing a song sung by your own teams fans is possibly the most tragic thing i have ever heard :D

Agreed, we are all supposedly there to support our team, how does booing our fans for trying to get behind our team help us on the pitch.

Poyet and the team have commented on the crowd noise we generate and how it helps them in matches so those who what to stop other fans from singing and it seems would rather see us watching in silence please take note and don't be so quick to condem those trying to get behind them.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
One of the few songs that i heard on the radio coverage and it sounded good imo

I really don't get what the problem with singing this is, maybe its because we have more than our fair share of killjoys who want to dictate what people are allowed to sing (or prefer us to sing nothing at all as the old ones are too old and the new ones too embarrassing)

It sounded good because about 1,500 were singing it instead of 15. Yesterday we had "Nightmare on London Road" sung to the wrong tune , GOSBTS sung at 80 mph and at least 8 songs about Lewis Dunk some of which didn't fit into the tune being sung.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I personally don't mind the chant, I do however, disagree with the 'sea, sea, sea" at the end. It doesn't sound right IMO.
No No No , thats the best bit . Leave it in !

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Which in itself is odd, as most chants kind of get passed down.

2 years at Priestfield, 12 years at Withdean in near silence and lots of new younger fans brought in through the clubs schools projects and Gully's gang probably mean we probably have a whole generation who weren't intorduced to the Albion through traditional means (ie father to son) so probablyy won't know the older songs.

I think we have also suffered due to pre-purchased tickets and allocated seating which has stopped those wanting to sing from moving closer together in one area so that they are louder and its less embarrassing for people to join in and sing (as otherwise they might be the only one and no one near them is joining in so the may be more self conscious)

I think that the Amex has been influenced by this too as most of those that sing are spread out instead of having a traditional home for singers like the North Stand at the Goldstone which is why some games the crowd is a bit flat.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This is what something sounds like that's good. Slow, and good.

Unfortunately, our goons think if 10 of them sing a song it's "good"

Hang on I don't get it, I thought you thought the song was cringeworthy. But here you're saying it's good? I totally agree that Palace do it far better than us, but isn't that because all of them join it and sing it loud, like in that video? Because if that's the case then there's a very simple solution.

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
That song what Celtic, Palace and a shit load of other teams stole off of St Pauli? Why not just do the Poznan if we want to have no imagination. Aside from it sounding awful.

No disrespect to St Pauli for coming up with it though, I admire them as a club, but yeah.

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
Maybe we should have a GOSBTS very slowly like when Spurs do "oh when the saints go marching in"? Regardless it's been quiet at The Amex recently in terms of songs, discounting "Albion, Albion" or "Seagulls" there's been nothing sung......I do like the West's effort at starting the "give us a B.....etc". Something needs to be sorted though...maybe a mad man with a megaphone like on the continent leading everyone?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
That song what Celtic, Palace and a shit load of other teams stole off of St Pauli? Why not just do the Poznan if we want to have no imagination. Aside from it sounding awful.

No disrespect to St Pauli for coming up with it though, I admire them as a club, but yeah.

Go ahead.. show your imagination and give us a song that no other team has sung.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Maybe we should have a GOSBTS very slowly like when Spurs do "oh when the saints go marching in"? Regardless it's been quiet at The Amex recently in terms of songs, discounting "Albion, Albion" or "Seagulls" there's been nothing sung......I do like the West's effort at starting the "give us a B.....etc". Something needs to be sorted though...maybe a mad man with a megaphone like on the continent leading everyone?

That would be too "European"...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Wrexham's rendition of it on Wednesday was pretty impressive.

I still think that if we nick a song off another team, it should be this. Hopefully the Newcastle fans will do their version at The Amex on Saturday, our fans will see how good it is, and will try and copy it

[yt]ZdiYBL7OwAI[/yt]

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think its people booing the songs that he's talking about. No one's saying everyone has to join in but to actually boo your own supporters for singing is ridiculous (not that you are saying you did). We nicked "Seagulls" from Palace chanting "Eagles" FFS. If that happened now we'd have a massive debate about it on here for 6 months!

Lol, you're right there about the arguments! Sometimes i wonder if the advent of the internet was such a good thing....

However the 'Seagulls' chant was more an ironic reply based upon location :)

For the record, people can pretty much sing what they like as far as I'm concerned and i would not advocate booing my own fans for getting behind our team. At least some fans in the North are having a go at creating more atmosphere at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here