Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The reputation thing: keep it or bin it?

The reputation system

• Keep it

Votes: 100 28.8%
  • Bin it

Votes: 247 71.2%

• Total voters

Fur Cough

I don't think people on here are fake. There are some right tossers but most are good folk.

I think you just summed it up though, the right tossers as you put it are very probably respectable members of the community who you would very likely enjoy a beer and a chat with. But when it comes to an annonymous message board become totally different personalities, thats what makes NSC so entertaining, and long may it continue.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Don't think it's right that people can send anonymous comments if they don't like your post. Only going to result in antagonism.

If you want some way of evaluating contributions, why not introduce a similar thing to what they have on the Sheff Weds forum Owlstalk, where you can vote for each individual post by giving it a thumbs up or thumbs down (so a post ends up with plus 5 or minus 14 or whatever) but no user has an overall 'reputation' score.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Don't think it's right that people can send anonymous comments if they don't like your post. Only going to result in antagonism.

If you want some way of evaluating contributions, why not introduce a similar thing to what they have on the Sheff Weds forum Owlstalk, where you can vote for each individual post by giving it a thumbs up or thumbs down (so a post ends up with plus 5 or minus 14 or whatever) but no user has an overall 'reputation' score.

:thumbsup:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Somebody was kind enough to leave me a negative point last night (anonymously called me a nob'ed!) for having the audacity to refer to somebody I knew on here as "hon". :lolol:

This place is getting weird.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
To be honest the system is flawed. People can leave comedy negative points anonymously or if the names of the comments are revealed the person who received the comment will negatively rep them and so on. Therefore it should be binned

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
... and I got another one for answering this threads question...... sheesh.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I voted no, basically because if I have grief with someones post I'll let them know by quoting and responding, and therein lays the beauty of a forum like this. To give someone another route to be a keyboard warrior if they aren't already just seems to be adding no value at all. IF however it were published who the rep leaver were - this would be a whole nother ball game....

Last edited:

the munch

Jul 1, 2011
its to patronizing, unfair and you are being labelled by idiots for having an opinion...some comments are very harsh.. bin it

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
well either people are opening new accounts just to boost their own rep, or new joiners are liked very fast. For this reason, makes it pointless.

I reckon NSC should go back to being the JCL-hating clique it always has been.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Good chaps who left their names on my rep! Loving it!.... oh and Braders my avatar was my USB dongle! well it was before I moved a few times and lost it :-(

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Pointless, I have give loads of positive rep out. Good idea but everybody needs to use it. Unfortunately its not being used by I would say the majority of posters, for that reason it is pointless ! There should be the facilty where when you post on a thread you are asked to give it either a positive or negative reputation. This is the only way it can work and a true representation can be gauged of each poster

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here