Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The reputation thing: keep it or bin it?

The reputation system

• Keep it

Votes: 100 28.8%
  • Bin it

Votes: 247 71.2%

• Total voters

(Names included (if I remember rightly) Hart's Shirt, Simster, Chappers (to name a few). Soon along came Lord Bracknell, Roz, TLO, Lush, Uncle Spielberg, Ken Livingston Seagull, London Irish, Yorkie, Ricky Marlowe's Hair Piece (respects), and it rolled on rather well from there)

Thinking back, there's been a variety of posters come and gone or taken breaks and whatever else.
dwayne, Watford O, laughing bluebird, spireite, taff, Berkshire (mmmmmm lookout I'm well 'ard and will pm everyone with mmmmm threats), Simon Jordan's Leprosy Mentor (aka SJLM), brightonbird, safeway seagull (invalid), Slartibartfast, and some weird kid from Battle.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
that would then result in tit for tat.

the idea is good but open for abuse

You make a good point but if we are sinking to kindergarten stuff then maybe we should just bin it.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
The one time I tried to give positive rep I couldn't figure out how to so it's already dead to me.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
The one time I tried to give positive rep I couldn't figure out how to so it's already dead to me.

just click the 6 point star, beside the "report" button under the persons post count on the left hand side of the post...hope that helps

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Bin it - it's got to the point where people are even saying 'i've repped you' on a reply to a thread; it's just more chaff amongst the wheat.

If you have to, a like/dislike instead.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Nah. Feedback is the Breakfast of Kings, but anonymous feedback is worthless. Although some NSCers reveal their true selves, most (like me) prefer to remain anonymous behind a username - thus making any feedback more akin to a bowl of Special K rather than a full English.

In its current form it serves little use. A like/dislike button - or even just a like button - on each post would be more useful; afterall, somebody might agree with my viewpoint on one topic, and disagree with me on another. Repping posts rather than an individual is, I feel, the way forward.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
[MENTION=14198]HovaGirl[/MENTION] just read some of the comments on your rep, it was like going back in a time machine! They are well out of order.

I voted to keep it, now i have read those comments i think we should bin it. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] take one off for and add to against please for the above reason.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bin it, along with all the other bells and whistles. Less is more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here