Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The reputation thing: keep it or bin it?

The reputation system

• Keep it

Votes: 100 28.8%
  • Bin it

Votes: 247 71.2%

• Total voters

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
It would make more sense if you keep it, not to have to guess what posts you have been repped for. You should be able to click a button and your last 20 or so reps are on a list, stating who repped, what post they repped and any comment. That's what we have on the BBS and it works fine.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I say bin the bloody thing.

For those who don't agree with me: I'll bombard you with anonymous negative rep issit. :wink:

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Think it just increases cliquiness, or perceptions/accusations of cliquiness. Bin it.

Edit: P.S. Thanks for asking Bozza (can I have a positive rep?)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If you keep it then people should be accountable for their comments.

I guess the original idea was that it would flag up people who could generally be regarded as credible (or not credible) posters, but seems that it's not being used correctly. For me, good try but bin it.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It would make more sense if you keep it, not to have to guess what posts you have been repped for. You should be able to click a button and your last 20 or so reps are on a list, stating who repped, what post they repped and any comment. That's what we have on the BBS and it works fine.
They do have that don't they?

I agree about the like/dislike post button maybe being better.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It only works if people treat it with a pinch of salt and don't take it to heart.

In the words of the great philosopher Superintendent Chalmers;

"It's just a damn popularity contest with you kids!"

Bin it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I like it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Keep it, but make visible the user giving the rep, even if this means starting again.

Actually, I've changed my mind. Bin it. It's shit. The fact that the Palace BBS uses it says it all.

Last edited:

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Would prefer a 'Like' or 'Dislike' button on individual posts, rather than individual posters. We know who the dickheads are already.

Some the comments are just puerile, and the keyboard warriors - because of their anonymity - can bollocks up an otherwise half-decent idea.

Bin it.

Agree

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
get rid.....i got bad rep for having a different opinion to the majority of a thread....eh? good idea, but doesnt quite work.

just stick to "ban him!!!!!!" if someone steps well out of line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here