Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Labour Government

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Amusing though about the amount spent on fashion, he doesn’t exactly strike me as a stylish man… more M&S than Savile Row, you know?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Mmm why did he declare the value at £500 for his trip to Brighton? And other clubs too?

View attachment 189494
He has to declare them as something - otherwise he will be pilloried for not declaring them.

What has Taylor Swift got to do with the Premier League though??

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He has to declare them as something - otherwise he will be pilloried for not declaring them.

What has Taylor Swift got to do with the Premier League though??
Well, of all the free tickets, I think the Taylor Swift ones are probably the most ocntroversial, believe it or not.

They were a gift from the Premier League. the same Premier League that has a very significant interest in the Football Governance Bill to the extent they releasted a statement that included: "we remain concerned about any unintended consequences of legislation."

There's a clear potential conflict of interest there.

But freebie-ticket-gate really is largely a fuss over nothing. The focus really should be on the ongoing disgraceful plans to subject many hundreds of thousands of society's poorest and most vulnerable to a miserable winter of cold, leading to illness and death for some.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I tend to find sitting back and watching some of the claims on here getting ever more badly informed and ridiculous far more amusing than actually interrupting to explain :wink:
I thought you'd been quiet recently, I presumed you were in Liverpool (Pointless emoji).

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Well, of all the free tickets, I think the Taylor Swift ones are probably the most ocntroversial, believe it or not.

They were a gift from the Premier League. the same Premier League that has a very significant interest in the Football Governance Bill to the extent they releasted a statement that included: "we remain concerned about any unintended consequences of legislation."

Yes, definite conflict of interest - the Arsenal tickets far less so. Although I'm not sure why the PL had Taylor Swift tickets - it was at Wembley, so I would have thought it was the FA?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

But freebie-ticket-gate really is largely a fuss over nothing. The focus really should be on the ongoing disgraceful plans to subject many hundreds of thousands of society's poorest and most vulnerable to a miserable winter of cold, leading to illness and death for some.
Exactly because we want them to change direction

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, definite conflict of interest - the Arsenal tickets far less so. Although I'm not sure why the PL had Taylor Swift tickets - it was at Wembley, so I would have thought it was the FA?
Agreed. I went away to check that before making my post, but I found it reported as the Premier League in multiple reputable sources such as the BBC.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Agreed. I went away to check that before making my post, but I found it reported as the Premier League in multiple reputable sources such as the BBC.
I guess the PL get a certain amount of Wembley tickets in some sort of deal. It would be even worse if they actually paid for them and then gave them to Starmer. And other MPs I see, quite a few in fact (and some direct from the FA as well).

Which led me down another rabbit hole - I didn't know the PL was actually "The Football Association Premier League Limited"!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not a specific slight on Labour but didn't think it worth starting another thread. The 2 13 year olds stabbing a complete stranger to death with a machete have just been sentenced to 8.5yrs. Now this is absolutely everything wrong with the justice system. Potentially out before they are 22!. That's no justice to the bereaved family.
If only there was a former Chief Prosecutor or former Head of the CPS, maybe a barister, in a position of authority who could instigate a process to do something to change the system. :ROFLMAO:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If only there was a former Chief Prosecutor or former Head of the CPS, maybe a barister, in a position of authority who could instigate a process to do something to change the system. :ROFLMAO:
Only through Parliament, which, since July, has been in summer recess, and away at party conferences.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I agree. Let’s focus on pensioners freezing to death in their homes, that’s the real story.
The real story ?? "pensioners freezing to death in their homes". can you show me any story this Autumn(not even cold yet) where any pensioner has frozen to death in their home ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here