Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Labour Government

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What has Taylor Swift got to do with the Premier League though??
Well the Arsenal fans who spent weeks whinging about the Veltman / Rice incident really needed to Shake It Off, for a start…

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The real story ?? "pensioners freezing to death in their homes". can you show me any story this Autumn(not even cold yet) where any pensioner has frozen to death in their home ??
As you say, it's highly unikley that the inability to heat a home has caused any deaths yet, as we're only in the early days of autumn,

Unfortunately, the wealth of studies detailing the poor health outcomes associated with cold homes - many of which have already been linked to on the two current Labour threads - indicate that Labour's removal of the Winter Fuel Payment from poor and vulnerable pensioners will unquestionably lead to many requiring hospital care and/or sad deaths.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The real story ?? "pensioners freezing to death in their homes". can you show me any story this Autumn(not even cold yet) where any pensioner has frozen to death in their home ??
Obviously you are aiming it at the poster…..so I’ll let him answer the main thrust of your post…but not cold..by whose standards?…then we have damp….etc

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
They won't freeze to death yet. Won't be till after they would have had the winter fuel payment.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
IMG_1787.jpeg

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Shouldn't this be on the Meltdown thread? 😉

To be fair, I suppose it could.

But it could also be in the "how good are we actually " thread by Macbeth.

or

"Labour supporters biggest fear " thread by Tim Over Whelmed
or

"Sacked the best MPs , shit in defence, shit in attack, with a shit Prime Minister and in real trouble " thread by Bozza

or

"New Red Flag" thread by oneillco.

To name but a few......

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
To be fair, I suppose it could.

But it could also be in the "how good are we actually " thread by Macbeth.

or

"Labour supporters biggest fear " thread by Tim Over Whelmed
or

"Sacked the best MPs , shit in defence, shit in attack, with a shit Prime Minister and in real trouble " thread by Bozza

or

"New Red Flag" thread by oneillco.

To name but a few......
It seems Gear Starmer is into a bit of cronyism too

He has appointed to junior ministers neither with any back bench experience, one is the son of Labour’s Lord Falcnor the other is the son of …… drum roll please….. Sue Gray what a chump

One of those, Foreign Office minister Hamish Falconer, is the son of Sir Keir's first shadow attorney general Lord Falconer, while Liam Conlon, son of Number 10 chief of staff Sue Gray, was made a parliamentary aid to Department for Transport.

86 days 🤦

• Wow
Reactions: cjd

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I tend to find sitting back and watching some of the claims on here getting ever more badly informed and ridiculous far more amusing than actually interrupting to explain :wink:
If your mojo for correcting badly informed and ridiculous claims returns, pop a line to Sir Free Gear and explain that the further sixteen grands’ worth of free designer clothes he catagorised as a donation “for the private office of the Leader of the Opposition” should be recategorised as “donations in kind of clothing.”

Oh. Too late - the registrar of MPs Interests has already told him. Silly old Keir! Still, it’s probably a really complicated form.

It’s almost like there’s stuff he’d rather people don’t know about. Still, I’m sure he followed all the rules, as he keeps on telling us.

Reactions: cjd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here