Known troublemaker causes trouble

Film at 11

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Known troublemaker causes trouble
I'd agree to an extent and that is certainly "the line" that Morgan McSweeny will be sending out for Labour MPs to use. In fairness, there really isn't much else they can say.

The problem is, there is so much in it and so much that has just enough of an element of truth to it. Not just the accepting of gifts and 'cruel' policies that don't directly impact on anybody in the House etc; but more the stuff about his rapid rise, perceived lack of political skills and a sense that this isn't an isolated view among the PLP. This is all new stuff for the media to latch onto and has the potential to be very damaging. Dangerous for the Leadership if they just try to dismiss it as the ramblings of a disaffected trouble-maker, in my view.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
The real story ?? "pensioners freezing to death in their homes". can you show me any story this Autumn(not even cold yet) where any pensioner has frozen to death in their home ??
The point about pensioners freezing to death, is that the Labour party published a report in 2017 stating that the withdrawal of the winter fuel allowance had saved approx 3,850 lives per year on average for the previous 20 years, and withdrawal of that allowance would kill 3,850 per year in future. It even mentions the detail about pensioners just over the pension credit limit.

I am not aware that they have withdrawn that opinion and denounced it as a load of rubbish. Which means that it still stands as official Labour viewpoint and that they have withdrawn the allowance in full expectation that they will kill 3,850 pensioners (approx) by doing so.

Which means that we don't need to argue about how many people will die - the government has given us their official estimate of 3,850. All we need worry about now is whether the government is right to allow those people to die in order to save their £1.4 billion.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
This whole "giftgate" issue with Starmer started because he misdeclared Alli's gifts to his wife. He didn't know he had to declare them so he got his form wrong and had to correct it. The stuff about the clothes he had received personally was already in the public domain but no-one had bothered. He opened the whole can of worms himself.

The Arsenal tickets ought to be a non-event. It's perfectly reasonable IMO for the PM to sit in the director's box. Burnley's MP (Peter Pike) I believe had his own season ticket before, during and after his term as MP, but if he did have a director's box ticket then it bothered no-one. Blackburn's MP (and for that matter Blackburn's bishop) had seats in the main stand with their name on it, long ago in the pre-Jack Walker days. Whether they still do, I neither know nor care. It's trivial.

The vastly expensive clothes, especially to his wife, are dodgy.

But even more dodgy is that living accommodation. Firstly, the idea of sitting in someone else's house telling people they should work from home, is hypocritical at best. One quote from his speech was "Let’s pull together now and do the right thing once more. At times like this, we must all put the national interest first and play by the rules. Of course, I understand that sticking to the rules can be inconvenient, but stick to the rules we must.” To say that with a straight face while not working from home is dishonest, and frankly I don't see it as less reprehensible than what Johnson and Cummings did.

And now he says he moved into Alli's flat for 45 nights because he wanted his son to have peace and quiet for GSCE revision. This is a lie. He moved in on 29th May, GCSEs finished on June 19th, he left on July 13th. He was there for at least 24 days after his son's last exam. Whatever his reasons may have been for the first 21 nights, his reason for the rest is a lie. And a stupid lie, because it's so easily caught.

This is another quote from Starmer. "The Seven Principles of Public Life, external, as they are also known, are selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership. That is the standards I expect of them [government ministers]. As I’ve said throughout, people falling short of the required standards will face consequences, as you would expect.” Does he stand by that? How many of the seven principles, if any, has he achieved?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here