Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Labour Government

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
If your mojo for correcting badly informed and ridiculous claims returns, pop a line to Sir Free Gear and explain that the further sixteen grands’ worth of free designer clothes he catagorised as a donation “for the private office of the Leader of the Opposition” should be recategorised as “donations in kind of clothing.”

Oh. Too late - the registrar of MPs Interests has already told him. Silly old Keir! Still, it’s probably a really complicated form.

It’s almost like there’s stuff he’d rather people don’t know about. Still, I’m sure he followed all the rules, as he keeps on telling us.
How long to the Ginger Growler takes over 😂😂😂

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The reason Sir Free Gear concluded his conference speech by listing Labour’s achievements since they took office is because if he’d listed all the freebies he’s had since he became Party Leader they’d still be there now.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The reason Sir Free Gear concluded his conference speech by listing Labour’s achievements since they took office is because if he’d listed all the freebies he’s had since he became Party Leader they’d still be there now.
I’m still waiting for the donation of a lifetime supply of sausages from Heck to surface….. I mean sausages were clearly on his mind….

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I think it will depend on what the other two witches of this triumvirate will decide....( Sue Gray and Rachel Reeves ).

Awaits Thunder Bolt to accuse me of casual misogyny...... :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Sort your life out, Keir Starmer!​

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...-out-keir-starmer-the-stephen-collins-cartoon

Stephen Collins cartoon, panel 1
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...eir-starmer-the-stephen-collins-cartoon#img-1

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If your mojo for correcting badly informed and ridiculous claims returns, pop a line to Sir Free Gear and explain that the further sixteen grands’ worth of free designer clothes he catagorised as a donation “for the private office of the Leader of the Opposition” should be recategorised as “donations in kind of clothing.”

Oh. Too late - the registrar of MPs Interests has already told him. Silly old Keir! Still, it’s probably a really complicated form.

It’s almost like there’s stuff he’d rather people don’t know about. Still, I’m sure he followed all the rules, as he keeps on telling us.

I really wouldn't know where to start :laugh:

Or next week

Nah as proven already he’s a snidy slippery charlatan who will wriggle for every last breath like one of Sherlock Zero’s octopuses prior to ending up on one of his 15 course taster soirées

I’m still waiting for the donation of a lifetime supply of sausages from Heck to surface….. I mean sausages were clearly on his mind….

I think it will depend on what the other two witches of this triumvirate will decide....( Sue Gray and Rachel Reeves ).
Awaits Thunder Bolt to accuse me of casual misogyny...... :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

Have a great night guys :bigwave:

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Are we talking just the John McDonnell wing of the party? Yvette Cooper was excellent at the conference.
I was never really a fan of Corbyn but was always impressed by McDonnell. I'd have him as chancellor over Reeves in a heartbeat although most would probably disagree. Just wish Andy Burnham was available for leader.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was never really a fan of Corbyn but was always impressed by McDonnell. I'd have him as chancellor over Reeves in a heartbeat although most would probably disagree. Just wish Andy Burnham was available for leader.

McDonnell seemed far more intelligent than Corbyn and less spiteful. Also not overtly caught up in the “Let’s give Putin a chance” 1950’s time warp. But from memory I think I was informed here by Labour supporters that McDonnell was a sheep in wolfs clothing.

But I just can’t see Burnham or McDonnell accepting multiple £10k’s of gifts and hospitality. Naively I thought it was just a toffs or Blairite thing. Not a good look when ordinary people from events under the last government/global events are cash strapped or worse, with the messaging now of “difficult decisions”.

Widening the discussion, would love to see rules that MP’s and their families cannot receive gifts/free privileged hospitality other than for allowed events. Pay your own way at full market prices, join queuing like everyone else. If this requires a pay rise, so be it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What are your thoughts on the Labour MP resigning?
I know you weren't asking me but since we are on the subject....that resignation letter? Just wow!

Reading that was like being round someone's house when a big family row suddenly breaks out and years of pent up bitterness and acrimony pours out. Intensely awkward - but you can't tear yourself away.

Normally resignations of this sort are on a matter of policy - which this is, to a point. But to then go further and accuse Starmer of being a shit PM, a shit Leader, a shit politician and and an even shitter colleague ....well, blimey. As Chris Mason will probably say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here