Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Labour Government

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, of course not. But he should pay the value of the corporate hospitality that he is receiving.

He can put his existing ST on whatever is Arsenal's equivalent of the ticket exchange or Arsenal could refund the value of his unused ST (and re-sell) then he coughs up the full going rate for corporate hospitality out of his own pocket.
How do you put a value on something that can’t be bought, and should he pay for the MI5 officers with him?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This country hasn't got a hope if the media keep the focus on trivialities rather than the big picture.

We've had 8 years of this distracting minutae, from the Brexit sunlit uplands, Partygate, Harry and Meghan, Farage and his riots, Tory infighting, Stop The Boats, and now Starmer's freebies. No leader will ever satisfy the media if they are judged not by results but by where they watch football, who pays for their outfit or how much they earn.

What people think is important really ISN'T that important in the grand scheme of things.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
This country hasn't got a hope if the media keep the focus on trivialities rather than the big picture.

We've had 8 years of this distracting minutae, from the Brexit sunlit uplands, Partygate, Harry and Meghan, Farage and his riots, Tory infighting, Stop The Boats, and now Starmer's freebies. No leader will ever satisfy the media if they are judged not by results but by where they watch football, who pays for their outfit or how much they earn.

What people think is important really ISN'T that important in the grand scheme of things.
I agree. Let’s focus on pensioners freezing to death in their homes, that’s the real story.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
TBH the problem is that Starmer has been accepting invitations to many clubs directors boxes while knowing his government-in-waiting would be implementing the Football Governance Bill. It's a conflict of interest and he should have known better and taken the tough decision to miss the live experience until the Bill has passed. If I supported a League 1/League 2 club I might feel a bit miffed that Starmer ruled out a 10% levy on Premier League transfers to distribute to lower leagues after being wined and dined by Prem directors.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
All this football tickets stuff is just a distraction. Far more newsworthy events (which generally and conveniently get ignored)
I'd agree the actual tickets aren't the issue but it does indicate the kind of person/party we now have leading us so overall I'd say does need to be discussed. He came to power on the back of rightfully lambasting the tories for everything and promising a new honest style of politics. In the 3 months so far it's been anything but. This is in part down to increased scrutiny by the media but it had to be expected. I don't really give a jot on suits or tickets but more and more creeps out with Bridgets birthday party, Reeves clothes, Rayners manhattan holiday etc. and it to me indicates that they are grifting when they said they wouldn't.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
He already pays for his own season ticket and has been moved through an agreement with the club. If the Albion moved your season ticket to a different part of the stadium because of an agreement made by someone else should you be expected to pay more too?
No but comparing me to the Prime Minister is a little foolish wouldn’t you say?

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Not a specific slight on Labour but didn't think it worth starting another thread. The 2 13 year olds stabbing a complete stranger to death with a machete have just been sentenced to 8.5yrs. Now this is absolutely everything wrong with the justice system. Potentially out before they are 22!. That's no justice to the bereaved family.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
I'd agree the actual tickets aren't the issue but it does indicate the kind of person/party we now have leading us so overall I'd say does need to be discussed. He came to power on the back of rightfully lambasting the tories for everything and promising a new honest style of politics. In the 3 months so far it's been anything but. This is in part down to increased scrutiny by the media but it had to be expected. I don't really give a jot on suits or tickets but more and more creeps out with Bridgets birthday party, Reeves clothes, Rayners manhattan holiday etc. and it to me indicates that they are grifting when they said they wouldn't.

Oh they're worse than grifting in my opinion. By a long way.

borat

Jul 16, 2003

Should be more focus on this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here