Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Argus names the arrested Albion players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] are PMs OK to discuss any matters? Just don't wanna ever leave my arse or your arse on any line but be interesting to know what some have heard and if it matches what i've been told etc? I know it's wrong to speculate - but people will etc...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The way the article is worded and written is horrible. I know most Argus articles are but deary me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It was bound to happen and in a way is justified to stop others being accused.

Terrible time for the club

Fully agree.

Is it possible that someone in the club WANTED the names leaked?

I would suggest that it is far, far less damaging to the squad for the 5 to be known, than for there to be a shadow of suspicion over every young player in the squad?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Personally I think this has been printed with the clubs blessing. I had 6 names texted to me yesterday, two of which were wrong. Those six names were being touted around pretty freely. Perhaps the evidence is pretty compelling, the club know it'll all come out in the end and thought it best to save two innocent players reputations before it gets out of hand? That said, the front page looks like something a ten year old would come up with!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You're usually pretty funny with your wind ups. Not this time.

LOTS of people have said LOTS of times that the names of players shouldnt be printed until they are proven guilty. Of COURSE we are going to be more interested in it now because it's our players. Don't be a berk. Concentrate on telling everyone how important PALACE is.

PS - I hope you enjoyed my HILARIOUS use of capitals for emphasis.

So whats that got to do with anything? See TLO he has summed it up perfectly.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
As I said earlier, whilst I wouldnt have named them myself, I think everybody needs to take a step back before the threats of bans, boycotts etc are made.

The problem is that for every 100 posters there is someone that will say "That rapist ..." Which is not proven so could be libel if that person is found not guilty. If it was guaranteed that no-one will overstep that mark then it world be fine to be discussed, I'm sure.

Can you imagine the palace fans discussing this in a delicate manner?

Sent from my phone cause I can

rape has not been mentioned so be careful what you say!

D

Deleted member 22389

As I said earlier, whilst I wouldnt have named them myself, I think everybody needs to take a step back before the threats of bans, boycotts etc are made.

Take a look at the Palace forum. Some of things they are saying is absolutely disgusting. How this can be allowed on any message board is beyond me. I hope the authorities catch up with these people.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] are PMs OK to discuss any matters? Just don't wanna ever leave my arse or your arse on any line but be interesting to know what some have heard and if it matches what i've been told etc? I know it's wrong to speculate - but people will etc...

Pms are private, so what you say will be between you and the person you PM.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
That's my beef ... it's deliberately alarmist to get people to buy it ... there's no substance to anything just a way to sell a few copies.

It's typical trash journalism ... I got no issue with the reporting of the incident and even the naming of the players but sensationalising it like this is presenting as "naming and shaming" and in that respect I've got no time for it.

In response to TMLS It's not about freedom of speech it's about presenting facts in a balanced way. As for Naylor I know he didn't write it but I can't believe he wasn't consulted or "prepped"
This. The argus has become even more of a nasty little rag in the last few years but today's front page is pathetic. I hope anybody defending them has actually seen it or makes sure they do? Don't get me wrong, if they're guilty they can throw the book at them but the way the argus has chosen to do this shows them as the gutter scum they are :wanker: :censored:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

my point too - if you were one of the people wrongly named in social media would you want there to be some clarification that you are not involved sooner rather than later? From what I have seen there are at least two people in that situation and they are probably mightily relieved this morning to have been "cleared".

Unfortunately the printed press is no longer the focus for news that it once was but in this instance there is some positive mitigation for the action they have taken. I also object to the way they have sensationalised the headline but that is probably in large part because I am an Albion fan and I am hurting right now - in a trash society trash has always happened.

What I am not clear about, and in reality it is probably pointless in the circumstances, is has anyone been accused of anything or have they just been questioned and given police bail to return for further questioning regarding a reported offence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here