Status
Not open for further replies.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4648619 said:
You don't get arrested and released on bail as a witness. I'm pretty sure they are all accused...

Yes, but we don't know what of. They may not all be accused of assault (as the argus claims). Any number of them might be accused of being an accessory to the main charge / witholding information / etc.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4648619 said:
You don't get arrested and released on bail as a witness. I'm pretty sure they are all accused...

Arrested means being questioned under caution. Nobody is charged.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, but we don't know what of. They may not all be accused of assault (as the argus claims). Any number of them might be accused of being an accessory to the main charge / witholding information / etc.

Let's remember the official Sussex Police press statement said:

"All have been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault "

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
People are straying well into the 'speculation of the details of the case' territory now.

Please stop.

It's human nature to wonder - please do that wondering elsewhere or we start closing all threads again and/or the site if required.

Life bans will be issued for anyone I consider to have ignored this warning.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Disgraceful journalism from the local paper - to name 5 people who have been charged with nothing and definitely not been found guilty of anything is gutter journalism (that is my view no matter what the crime is or the people involved). If they are found guilty then clearly name them but if/until that happens what is the point in naming people?

This

I always thought in this country (unlike US) anyone arrested for a crime could not be named until they where actually charged, would have certainly saved that poor retired college lecturer chap in Bristol last year from a character assassination. The Argus should be ashamed of themselves for sensationalist journalism.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Just seen the Argus front page on the Palace BBS. How utterly ridiculous. How many other people who are arrested, suspected, convicted, assisting with enquiries or whatever, have their names printed that big on the front page? And this is the same local paper that covers our games each week. I know it's all about making money but that's going too far. I won't be buying it again so it's backfired as far as I'm concerned. They really are turning into the gutter press. They should be bloody ashamed. Yes it's news but report it the same as anything else. Clearly no loyalty or respect for the club there. Disgusting.

Goldie0

Jul 16, 2011
Innocent until proven guilty, if The Argus are legally allowed to print the names then fine but there was no need for the way they have done it, for all parties concerned I hope this is dealt with quickly and fairly.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This

I always thought in this country (unlike US) anyone arrested for a crime could not be named until they where actually charged, would have certainly saved that poor retired college lecturer chap in Bristol last year from a character assassination. The Argus should be ashamed of themselves for sensationalist journalism.

No, it's certainly the case that they can be identified and reported.

What happened to the college lecturer was from another planet, and of a different magnitude entirely from this. When it was reported he had been taken in for questioning, for reasons only a total arsehole could ever justify, The Sun and The Mirror went mental on him, and basically told lies. Of course, any newspaper can do that if they so please, though they put themselves fully in the spotlight of contempt of court, and in the end their fines were pathetic.

In this instance, by mentioning that Bristol case, is it that your concern is for the public reaction, rather than the newspapers' behaviour. Is that the case?

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Even the BBC website is mentioning the names now. Not too hard to find if you really want to know.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
At the risk of being fixtured can anyone give a brief rundown as to what the allegations are? I am not on this website much at the moment due to work commitments. Fancy work getting in the way of NSC.....:(:(

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At the risk of being fixtured can anyone give a brief rundown as to what the allegations are? I am not on this website much at the moment due to work commitments. Fancy work getting in the way of NSC.....:(:(

No, nobody can.

An "allegation of a sexual assault" is all that is publically known.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here