Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teacher from Ringmer.... 15 year old pupil - LOST & FOUND

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No the first thing the police do when taking somebody in for questioning is put a swab in your mouth so nothing horrendous. Which you can insist are destroyed if charges are not brought against you.

But you talked about forcibly examining her to determine if they had sex ("by means fair or foul").

How does that prove he slept with her? Are you suggesting they arrest the girl so they can swab her mouth and hope to find some of his DNA in there? After this time there would be none (if there ever was any).

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There are some right sick bastards out there , suggesting that the bloke is punished by being given a 10 year season ticket at Selhurst Park , I think that is a bit too strong.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Assuming that she has deep feelings for him she would do all she can to avoid the police charging him and helping them in any way hence the charge of abduction rather than Sex with a minor. The police therefore may try to get a DNA sample from her rather than her appear in court and refuse to give evidence against him in case the charge of child abduction doesn't hold up in court..

Why would they take a DNA sample off her BG ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why would they take a DNA sample off her BG ?

That was my point take a DNA from her and she can insist it is destroyed which they do after they have done the test with his DNA. That is what is meant by means fair or foul. A chap alleged that I beat him up once when I threw him out of the pub, when I was taken to the station for questioning they immediately put a swab in my mouth and when asked why they said that they could match it with the other fellows and tell whether I had caused his bleeding. They may have been bulls,......g but if they can do that they could surely do it to prove whether or not this couple had sex. Apparently DNA is never lost irrespective of the time after the incident. Perhaps I am being either naive or too ambitious about this and it is not possible.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That was my point take a DNA from her and she can insist it is destroyed which they do after they have done the test with his DNA. That is what is meant by means fair or foul. A chap alleged that I beat him up once when I threw him out of the pub, when I was taken to the station for questioning they immediately put a swab in my mouth and when asked why they said that they could match it with the other fellows and tell whether I had caused his bleeding. They may have been bulls,......g but if they can do that they could surely do it to prove whether or not this couple had sex.

They would have to do an internal examination of the girl to ascertain if they had sex in the last 24 hours or so. That would be outrageous. His DNA will be all over her and visa versa because they have had physical contact.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So if they have had 'intimate relations' but only in France is that against the law?

no, which is why any case of sexual offence would be pointless. the immediate defence is "we did it in France", unless she makes a claim otherwise.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
(dblpst)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They would have to do an internal examination of the girl to ascertain if they had sex in the last 24 hours or so. That would be outrageous. His DNA will be all over her and visa versa because they have had physical contact.

I have obviously misunderstood the powers of DNA. How by taking my DNA from my mouth could the police have determined whether or not I was responsible for the chap I said about's bleeding

I have obviously misunderstood the powers of DNA. How by taking my DNA from my mouth could the police have determined whether or not I was responsible for the chap I said about's bleeding
You were being interviewed in connection with what might have been a crime, and it was possible that you might have been the perpetrator. That, in itself, means that, under the Criminal Justice Act 2003, the police were entitled to take a DNA sample, even if the DNA was irrelevant to the investigation.

Megan Stammers is not in any way under even the slightest suspicion of having committed a crime.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
no, which is why any case of sexual offence would be pointless. the immediate defence is "we did it in France", unless she makes a claim otherwise.

It would still be a crime and triable here. The fact they did it in France is neither here nor there. There was an update in the sexual offences act to remove that completely ridiculous defence. If you went to Thailand, for example, and had consensual sex with a 12 year old girl you could get dealt with for rape over here.

It would still be a crime and triable here. The fact they did it in France is neither here nor there. There was an update in the sexual offences act to remove that completely ridiculous defence. If you went to Thailand, for example, and had consensual sex with a 12 year old girl you could get dealt with for rape over here.
How would Cyprus (where the age of consent is 17) deal with a married British woman, aged 16? When she returned home, would the UK authorities extradict her to stand trial in Cyprus?

The age of consent in Ireland is also 17 (and the law does not make exceptions for marriage).

In Malta, it's 18, although marriage at 16 is permitted.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
How would Cyprus (where the age of consent is 17) deal with a married British woman, aged 16? When she returned home, would the UK authorities extradict her to stand trial in Cyprus?

The age of consent in Ireland is also 17 (and the law does not make exceptions for marriage).

In Malta, it's 18.

I've no idea. I'm not particularly an expert in foreign law. There are obviously some exceptions to the rule, marriage being one of them. A married 15 year old couple from abroad wouldn't commit an offence in this country. The amendment to the sexual offences act only covers acts commited by British nationals abroad.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No the first thing the police do when taking somebody in for questioning is put a swab in your mouth so nothing horrendous. Which you can insist are destroyed if charges are not brought against you.

Which they cannot do to Megan Stammers as she is not accused or suspected of any crime, indeed she is legally the victim in all this. I would strongly suggest you drop this as- with respect- it is obvious you have no idea what you're talking about.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Neither, to be fair, do half the posters on this thread.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Which they cannot do to Megan Stammers as she is not accused or suspected of any crime, indeed she is legally the victim in all this. I would strongly suggest you drop this as- with respect- it is obvious you have no idea what you're talking about.

If people weren't allowed to post on NSC if they didn't know what they were talking about this would be a much quieter forum. And HB&B for example wouldn't even have an account. When does stuff officially become sub judice?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
How much will this tiny (in the big scheme of things) case cost the UK taxpayer, more specifically the Sussex council tax payer? Bearing in mind he will likely never teach again in the UK, why not just let the girl's dad (or mum) headbutt the teacher and call it quits?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here