Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teacher from Ringmer.... 15 year old pupil - LOST & FOUND

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So you wouldn't ask yourself questions about why your daughter wanted to run away from home It's not for us to speculate..

I'd certainly be asking questions of that teacher, whilst knocking his block off.

Last edited:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I would LOVE to know what some of those who seem to be trivialising this episode would consider appropriate justice if it was YOUR fifteen year old daughter being whisked off to France by her 30 year old schoolteacher.

You'd want him strung up, and don't pretend otherwise.

The first reaction would be that, however my main concern would be my daughter and what is best for her. It may be to see him charged, however if she is in love with him( Yes she is to young to know, however what she feels is real to her at the moment)Then why would you put her through a court case. I would want her to get back to a normal life asap and when she is ready, deal with what has gone on.
In time she will see that what she thought was love, was actually an abuse of power and that will be the time to take action. This all has to be handle with sensitivity

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Teacher from Ringmer.... Megan Stammers LOST & FOUND

I hope he gets put in prison, and he probably will. I don't have kids, but if I did, I'd want every teacher to be fully aware of the consequences abusing their position of trust over under 18s.

It's not so much the having sex, or a relationship, with someone very young that makes me despise people like him, but the fact that he's probably been abusing his influence and grooming her for the past few years.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I hope he gets put in prison, and he probably will. I don't have kids, but if I did, I'd want every teacher to be fully aware of the consequences abusing their position of trust over under 18s.

It's not so much the having sex, or a relationship, with someone very young that makes me despise people like him, but the fact that he's probably been abusing his influence and grooming her for the past few years.

I have a fear that she won't want to proceed with a court case against him and that the state are then left to prosecute him for abduction during which his slimy lawyer calls her to the stand to testify that she went willingly and he gets a massively reduced sentence

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I have a fear that she won't want to proceed with a court case against him and that the state are then left to prosecute him for abduction during which his slimy lawyer calls her to the stand to testify that she went willingly and he gets a massively reduced sentence

She has time,
one day she will see that the relationship was wrong on all levels. Then that will be the time to revisit this and charge him with underage sex( if they did have sex). He will be charged for abusing his position as her teacher. there is no time limit with abuse.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
She has time,
one day she will see that the relationship was wrong on all levels. Then that will be the time to revisit this and charge him with underage sex( if they did have sex). He will be charged for abusing his position as her teacher. there is no time limit with abuse.

I hope he gets a huge sentence as it's a misuse of his position and children should be safe in schools that they will not get preyed upon by staff. I know the law sees it differently but I still think a teacher should be prosecuted if they have a relationship with an ex pupil who is under the age of 21. Children see teachers on a daily basis in a nice helpful manner rather than when they are at their worst so their perceptions of them are skewed. I hope he gets a severe punishment and that schools are all investigated to update their child protection policies to avoid it happening in the future

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Re: Teacher from Ringmer.... Megan Stammers LOST & FOUND

I'll make these predictions:
1. He'll be charged with child abduction
2. He'll plead guilty
3. The case will be sent to the Crown Court for sentence.
4. He'll get 18 months
5. People will still be spouting bollocks on here.

As for the cost of it, justice doesn't have a price , nor should it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

She has time,

Very much this. It'll take her a good 2-3 years to realise how much of a kid she still is right now. I just have to look back and remember how grown up and adult I thought I was at 15-16.

Besides, can't the state and/or her parents charge him with the relationship with a pupil law? This doesn't have to include sex, so they could probably pin this on him fairly easily.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
She has time,

Or they'll stay together when he gets out and have a happy life raising lots of children while on benefits. Equally as possible.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Katherine Ryan ‏@Kathbum
Are people taking into full consideration how ANNOYING it is to go on holiday w/ a 15 yr old girl? This guy deserves a medal, not prison.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Katherine Ryan ‏@Kathbum
Are people taking into full consideration how ANNOYING it is to go on holiday w/ a 15 yr old girl? This guy deserves a medal, not prison.

:lolol:

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Very much this. It'll take her a good 2-3 years to realise how much of a kid she still is right now. I just have to look back and remember how grown up and adult I thought I was at 15-16.

Besides, can't the state and/or her parents charge him with the relationship with a pupil law? This doesn't have to include sex, so they could probably pin this on him fairly easily.

When I was fifteen, I thought my parents new nothing.

At thirty I was pleasantly suprised at the progrees they had made.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can somebody answer a question. Hypothetically if after a medical and questioning it transpires that they had sex if both insisted that it never happened until they were in France where the legal age of consent is 15 could he be charged with having sex with an underage person because he is English and she is subject to her parents control or could they openly admit that they had sex in France and the police here be able to do nothing.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can somebody answer a question. Hypothetically if after a medical and questioning it transpires that they had sex if both insisted that it never happened until they were in France where the legal age of consent is 15 could he be charged with having sex with an underage person because he is English and she is subject to her parents control or could they openly admit that they had sex in France and the police here be able to do nothing.

Firstly, please please please, can't you use a bit of punctuation, as that actually hurt my brain reading it.

And secondly, the situation you describe wouldn't happen because if she didn't want to get him in trouble, she'd simply refuse to be medically examined, and therefore there would be no power to force her to submit to one.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry about the punctuation, I got carried away as if I was talking, as often happens. You say it couldn't happen but it has been reported that she was interviewed and medically examined in France . So one would assume that they can tell if she has had sex recently in which case could they maintain it only ever happened in France. If so would that be the end of that avenue of questions as it is legal in France at 15? Or could the English police persue it further

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry about the punctuation, I got carried away as if I was talking, as often happens. You say it couldn't happen but it has been reported that she was interviewed and medically examined in France . So one would assume that they can tell if she has had sex recently in which case could they maintain it only ever happened in France. If so would that be the end of that avenue of questions as it is legal in France at 15?

I would imagine the medical examination in France would have been nothing more than a once over to make sure she's medically fit and hasn't been harmed in any way. I don't believe for a second she'd have had the sort of examination you're thinking of in France.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK

It's not a crime in France, so how can he be charged with a UK offence?

I can fly over to Amsterdam tomorrow morning and be smoking a king size spliff by lunchtime.

I'm not going to charged with possession when I get back home, am I?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here