Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teacher from Ringmer.... 15 year old pupil - LOST & FOUND

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
wrongly it appears, I assumed that a full medical would have been normal, taking into account the circumstances under which the abduction appeared to have taken place and the media coverage in UK..

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
wrongly it appears, I assumed that a full medical would have been normal, taking into account the circumstances under which the abduction appeared to have taken place and the media coverage in UK..

No. She would have to consent to it, and I doubt very much she's going to consent to doctors probing around down there, even if the French were bothered enough to want to.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No doubt all will be revealed in The Sun in the next few days or 'an exclusive on Sunday'.

Incidentally his UK solicitor is reported as speculating that he will be free man in about 4 months or so.

I've just dreamt up a defence case.

"Megan's life at home was hell. I knew she was going to run away to France, because she trusted me and told me. So I went with her, to ensure that she came to no harm. I'm a good, caring guy, exactly the sort of person you want in the teaching profession".

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
That sort of remeinds my of the Hastings school teacher (Jenkins?) who was alledged, and did time for murdering his step daughter. Was in & out so many times I lost track of if he was eventually found guilty or not.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Usually the media report that a person has appeared in court and been remanded in custody or on bail to re appear or whatever on a given date but I have not seen such a report or heard it on the new on either TV or Radio. This happened with the chap charged in Wales with the murder of the young girl there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thank you. It is a joke not being able to name him when everybody knows his name the same with the girl. A paper recently wrote an article and said the same that they couldn't name her for legal reasons. Did it stop them naming them both when they went missing?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's not a crime in France, so how can he be charged with a UK offence?

I can fly over to Amsterdam tomorrow morning and be smoking a king size spliff by lunchtime.

I'm not going to charged with possession when I get back home, am I?

I believe the law for sexual offences is different to other crimes, since 2003, and you can be prosecuted under UK law regardless of where in the world the alleged offence took place.

Thank you. It is a joke not being able to name him when everybody knows his name the same with the girl. A paper recently wrote an article and said the same that they couldn't name her for legal reasons. Did it stop them naming them both when they went missing?
It would appear from the fact that the defendant's name, together with a photograph of him arriving at Eastbourne Magistrates Court, appear in The Scottish Daily Record, that the legal reasons only apply in England and Wales.

The girl's "anonymity" now seems to be preserved throughout the UK (including Scotland), though - by virtue of an Order granted by the magistrates under Section 39 of the Children and Young Persons Act 1933.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The trial of Jeremy Forrest has started at Lewes Crown Court.

By admitting he started a sexual relationship with her when she was 15 last summer means a custodial sentence is inevitable. He's thrown his life away.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Update, for those convinced that the girl was in love with the creep, and that she would wait for him, and live happily ever after...

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10769180.Girl_who_ran_away_with_Sussex_teacher_finds_new_love/?ref=mr

I don't think anybody was convinced, just trying to balance out the view that he was some sort of predatory paedo monster and stating it as a possibility.

It was always likely that a 15 year old isn't going to wait for 5 years for the bloke to get out and meet boys her own age, that is just part of being a teenager. It just proves that he's an idiot and deluded for getting involved in the first place.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
"She hasn't actually dumped him"

Am I actually reading this in a newspaper.
What is happening to the Argus?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here