Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teacher from Ringmer.... 15 year old pupil - LOST & FOUND

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I feel sorry for all involved in this case.

While it would seem a bit pointless putting the guy in prison for what he's done, it is probably justified as a deterrent to anyone doing the same thing in the future.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I would LOVE to know what some of those who seem to be trivialising this episode would consider appropriate justice if it was YOUR fifteen year old daughter being whisked off to France by her 30 year old schoolteacher.

You'd want him strung up, and don't pretend otherwise.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Too true TheCamel there are no winners, apart from whoever makes a movie based on it a few years down the line (it will happen). Just glad they are both OK and alive and the tabloids have reigned back their pursuit of anyone who knew them - a mate of mine had 37 calls from journalists based on the fact the teacher ONCE played her open Mic night in Lewes (only time she ever met him) ffs!.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
How much will this tiny (in the big scheme of things) case cost the UK taxpayer, more specifically the Sussex council tax payer? Bearing in mind he will likely never teach again in the UK, why not just let the girl's dad (or mum) headbutt the teacher and call it quits?
East Sussex council tax payers don't you know don't you know. we're a unitary authority these days old chap

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
I would LOVE to know what some of those who seem to be trivialising this episode would consider appropriate justice if it was YOUR fifteen year old daughter being whisked off to France by her 30 year old schoolteacher.

By his balls.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How much will this tiny (in the big scheme of things) case cost the UK taxpayer, more specifically the Sussex council tax payer? Bearing in mind he will likely never teach again in the UK, why not just let the girl's dad (or mum) headbutt the teacher and call it quits?

You're right. The rozzers should probably have told Megan's family to forget about their fifteen year old daughter, or at the very least insisted they book their own flights to France and search all the major cities before calling 999.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
God I HATE it when the bloody public bother the police with all their PROBLEMS. Kidnapped daughters, burglaries (it's only a bit of jewellery, FFS, that's what insurance is for), car accidents (should just look where they're going)....they just don't think about the cost to the taxpayer before calling.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.

Of course I wouldn't I'm not a moron. I would never have a child anyway as that's immoral (on the same level as 500 transAtlantic flights a year in terms of environmental damage). A couple of my ex's lost their virginity aged 14 to friends of their parents aged 30+ and had no regrets at all (they were late 20s when I knew them). Different people deal with things in different ways.The state needs to f*** off with trying to tell 'children' over 14 what is acceptable. [NB of course 30 year old teachers need to be held to account as this guy absolutely should be]. Our festering tabloids and bullying Victorian Puritanism is the reason we have the highest teen pregnancy rate in Europe and schoolgirls running off with geeky teachers in the first place. That's what we should be dealing with - prohibition never works. The rest of Europe laughs at us for good reason.

Last edited:

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
God I HATE it when the bloody public bother the police with all their PROBLEMS. Kidnapped daughters, burglaries (it's only a bit of jewellery, FFS, that's what insurance is for), car accidents (should just look where they're going)....they just don't think about the cost to the taxpayer before calling.

Fair play to you Edna : a reasoned response to some of the nonsense on this thread.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
East Sussex council tax payers don't you know don't you know. we're a unitary authority these days old chap

Surely the same Sussex Police Authority charge is lumped on all Sussex council tax bills? God fearing Brighton folk like me will be charged for the yokels' pervy teachers :(

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
Sussex police have got better things to do such as fining 80 year old ex servicemen who were on the albions books £30 because their tax disc which they can barely afford on a state pension fell off of their windscreen.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Sussex Police themselves said they didn't think she was at any risk from the outset. Why not let them come back in their own time then? I imagine this sort of thing must happen regretably often all over the country, only Sussex OB would turn into such an expensive f***ing tabloid drama.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun

As the father of 17 and 13 year old daughters I don't know what I'd want regarding him, but I'd certainly be questioning my daughter about what the hell SHE was thinking as the pictures I've seen don't give the impression of a girl taken under duress. However I would probably then turn my ire towards someone in a position of trust who has then abused that trust. At that point I'd probably hunt out the shotgun....

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
You're right. The rozzers should probably have told Megan's family to forget about their fifteen year old daughter, or at the very least insisted they book their own flights to France and search all the major cities before calling 999.

Do you provide the same Interpol-involving service for the parents of all teenage runaways or just ones that make the cover of the Sun in a quiet news week? Consider this a Freedom Of Information request...

Last edited:

Eh?

Insofar as there will be costs falling on Sussex Police that are met from local taxation, it will be the council tax payers of West Sussex, Brighton & Hove and East Sussex who will be paying. That doesn't make Sussex a "unitary authority", though.

As the father of 17 and 13 year old daughters I don't know what I'd want regarding him, but I'd certainly be questioning my daughter about what the hell SHE was thinking as the pictures I've seen don't give the impression of a girl taken under duress. However I would probably then turn my ire towards someone in a position of trust who has then abused that trust. At that point I'd probably hunt out the shotgun....
So you wouldn't ask yourself questions about why your daughter wanted to run away from her family home? It's not for us to speculate, but I suspect there's been some over-simplifications made over the past few days, in order to whip up media support for an international manhunt that has finally delivered the required result.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
So you wouldn't ask yourself questions about why your daughter wanted to run away from her family home? It's not for us to speculate, but I suspect there's been some over-simplifications made over the past few days, in order to whip up media support for an international manhunt that has finally delivered the required result.
Fair point, though no-one ever thinks that they themselves might have been a driver. From what little I've seen of the family on TV I get the impression that she is from what my mum would call a 'broken home' so who knows?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Eh?

Insofar as there will be costs falling on Sussex Police that are met from local taxation, it will be the council tax payers of West Sussex, Brighton & Hove and East Sussex who will be paying. That doesn't make Sussex a "unitary authority", though.
My apologies, I'd been sAmpling the wares of the Cleveland last night!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here