Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teacher from Ringmer.... 15 year old pupil - LOST & FOUND

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Be interesting to see what he is actually charged with, if neither of them admit to having intimate relations, then all he can be charged with is child abduction and given her complicity, it's possible that, if convicted, he might not go down at all.
He'd never work as a teacher again though.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Lots of people seem to be going down the line that she was nearly 16 and it happens so what's the problem. Surely the fact is that as a parent you entrust your children to teachers who should act in the best interests of that child and are there to educate, develop and protect those children whilst in their care. His crime is to breech that trust whether she consented or not, she is, after all a minor in UK law and as a parent I believe that he should suffer the maximum punishment possible. It is not a modern day love story but from his side just rather seedy and plain wrong.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Lots of people seem to be going down the line that she was nearly 16 and it happens so what's the problem. Surely the fact is that as a parent you entrust your children to teachers who should act in the best interests of that child and are there to educate, develop and protect those children whilst in their care. His crime is to breech that trust whether she consented or not, she is, after all a minor in UK law and as a parent I believe that he should suffer the maximum punishment possible. It is not a modern day love story but from his side just rather seedy and plain wrong.

SPOT ON :clap:

Kind of depressing the number of people saying:
well shes almost legal???
she is in love???
she is old enough to know what she is doing???
All bollox.. It is PLAIN wrong.. seedy, sick and a breech of trust in such a role. :sick: :angry:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thats exactly what i'm on about , shes a f***ing kid , its up to adults to decide about " human rights" for fucks sake.
OMG, that's twice

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
SPOT ON :clap:

Kind of depressing the number of people saying:
well shes almost legal???
she is in love???
she is old enough to know what she is doing???
All bollox.. It is PLAIN wrong.. seedy, sick and a breech of trust in such a role. :sick: :angry:

Yes and no. I'm not advocating what he has (or has not) done. My point is; why does it suddenly, the very second she turns 16, become ok for everyone? As I said to [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION], there is no magic switch that flicks and suddenly she's an adult. That's just what the law says. Ultimately and unfortunately (for Ms Stammers and Mr Forrest), law rules, as it should.

I can feel a little bit of sympathy for them though, I'm human. The media and public will get their pound of flesh. His life was already ruined, now it'll be worse.

Ninja Edit: I can agree on the position of trust. Honestly have no issue with that. Given his position as a teacher he should know better, this sort of thing is in the media relatively often with the same result every time. It never works out well for the teacher.

Last edited:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
15, which is why the French weren't terribly bothered. It's actually 13 in Spain, and 14 in Italy and Germany, which exlains why it wasn't news anywhere else in Europe!

He's a teacher... :facepalm: makes the situation 10 times worse than if it was some 18 yr old from the roller disco.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
15, which is why the French weren't terribly bothered. It's actually 13 in Spain, and 14 in Italy and Germany, which exlains why it wasn't news anywhere else in Europe!

Oh this year I?m off to sunny Spain
Y Viva Espana
I?m taking the Costa Brava plane
Y Viva Espana
If you?d like to check a matador
In sun cool Cabana
And lead senoritas by the score
Espana por favor

Interestingly, Sussex Police are now saying that Jeremy Forrest will be charged with Child Abduction. This isn't the same as a sexual offence, nor is it relevant that he is a teacher.

Offence of abduction of child by other persons.

Section 2 of The Child Abduction Act 1984 defines the offence as:- "... if, without lawful authority or reasonable excuse, he takes or detains a child under the age of sixteen - (a) so as to remove him/her from the lawful control of any person having lawful control of the child; or (b) so as to keep him/her out of the lawful control of any person entitled to lawful control of the child".

It seems to me that a charge of child abduction doesn't require Megan Stammers to be interviewed or give evidence. That may well be for the best.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Interestingly, Sussex Police are now saying that Jeremy Forrest will be charged with Child Abduction. This isn't the same as a sexual offence, nor is it relevant that he is a teacher.

Offence of abduction of child by other persons.

Section 2 of The Child Abduction Act 1984 defines the offence as:- "... if, without lawful authority or reasonable excuse, he takes or detains a child under the age of sixteen - (a) so as to remove him/her from the lawful control of any person having lawful control of the child; or (b) so as to keep him/her out of the lawful control of any person entitled to lawful control of the child".

It seems to me that a charge of child abduction doesn't require Megan Stammers to be interviewed or give evidence. That may well be for the best.

I guess the police were between a rock and a hard place - without raising the warrant as child abduction their only other choice was sex with a minor in which case the French wouldn't have played ball. If she's really in love with him she's never going to admit to police they had sex.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why not just leave her alone, to get over her experience, with the support of her family?
Assuming that she has deep feelings for him she would do all she can to avoid the police charging him and helping them in any way hence the charge of abduction rather than Sex with a minor. The police therefore may try to get a DNA sample from her rather than her appear in court and refuse to give evidence against him in case the charge of child abduction doesn't hold up in court..

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think they need the abduction charge just to get them back over here. I imagine that once they've had a chance to interview her, her mates and also school staff, he may well be faced with the more serious charges relating to him having a relationship with one of his pupils who's under 18.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Assuming that she has deep feelings for him she would do all she can to avoid the police charging him and helping them in any way hence the charge of abduction rather than Sex with a minor. The police therefore may try to get a DNA sample from her rather than her appear in court and refuse to give evidence against him in case the charge of child abduction doesn't hold up in court..

So, you'd want them to hold her down and penetrate her against her will with medical probes to get proof someone has (statutorily) raped her?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No the first thing the police do when taking somebody in for questioning is put a swab in your mouth so nothing horrendous. Which you can insist are destroyed if charges are not brought against you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here