Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teacher from Ringmer.... 15 year old pupil - LOST & FOUND

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
This is the LAW in England ...

Section 16 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003:-

16 Abuse of position of trust: sexual activity with a child.

(1) A person aged 18 or over (A) commits an offence if— .

(a)he intentionally touches another person (B), .
(b)the touching is sexual, .
(c)A is in a position of trust in relation to B, .
(d)where subsection (2) applies, A knows or could reasonably be expected to know of the circumstances by virtue of which he is in a position of trust in relation to B, and .
(e)either— .
(i)B is under 18 and A does not reasonably believe that B is 18 or over, or .
(ii)B is under 13.

(2) This subsection applies where A— .

(a)is in a position of trust in relation to B by virtue of circumstances within section 21(2), (3), (4) or (5), and .
(b)is not in such a position of trust by virtue of other circumstances.

Section 21(5) is this:-

(5) This subsection applies if A looks after persons under 18 who are receiving education at an educational institution and B is receiving, and A is not receiving, education at that institution.
Bang to rights m'lud

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This is the LAW in England ...

Section 16 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003:-

16 Abuse of position of trust: sexual activity with a child.

(1) A person aged 18 or over (A) commits an offence if— .

(a)he intentionally touches another person (B), .
(b)the touching is sexual, .
(c)A is in a position of trust in relation to B, .
(d)where subsection (2) applies, A knows or could reasonably be expected to know of the circumstances by virtue of which he is in a position of trust in relation to B, and .
(e)either— .
(i)B is under 18 and A does not reasonably believe that B is 18 or over, or .
(ii)B is under 13.

(2) This subsection applies where A— .

(a)is in a position of trust in relation to B by virtue of circumstances within section 21(2), (3), (4) or (5), and .
(b)is not in such a position of trust by virtue of other circumstances.

Section 21(5) is this:-

(5) This subsection applies if A looks after persons under 18 who are receiving education at an educational institution and B is receiving, and A is not receiving, education at that institution.

I would also point out that if a university lecturer has sexual relations with a student, he/she would be dismissed for 'gross moral turpitude'.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Was obvious that they where not going to last long after the European arrest warrant was issused. From what i have read, they ran away because he was about to get suspended and potentially arrested.

He is/was a teacher and knows the rules that you cannot have a relationship with a student. Surely a little bit of self power and he could have told himself it was wrong when it started. Now he will have nothing.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
May start a massive binfest here, but is he really a "paedo"? As in, "likes abusing children"....
Assuming this is his only "incident", probably not.

When I was at University I knew at least three girls who had slept/relationships with their teachers, although they would have been 18 when I met them (don't remember how old they would have been at the start). All of them left and went back home within their first term - (to be with "boyfriend"?). No idea what happened to them afterwards.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I would also point out that if a university lecturer has sexual relations with a student, he/she would be dismissed for 'gross moral turpitude'.
I don't think I've ever "turpited" anyone. Wasn't that a WW2 german battleship?

Incidentally, El P, does this apply if the student is over a certain age limit - say 21? And when was this provision brought in?

I've known several instances, some of them involving well known people - both lecturers and students - where "student fiddling" was going on.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Incidentally, El P, does this apply if the student is over a certain age limit - say 21? And when was this provision brought in?

I've known several instances, some of them involving well known people - both lecturers and students - where "student fiddling" was going on.
You wouldn't have been fired in the 1980s

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Is she a child? Yes.. And if they has sexual relations then id say yea he is...

I see where you are coming from hardly the same as someone abusing a 2 year old.. but he is in the rules that would convict him as a paedo... plus he has totally abused his position of trust as a teacher...

He's not a paedo unless he has a prediliction for sex with young children. 15 is nearly 16 and the age of consent is arbitrary. In France its 15. In Egypt it is, or used to be 12, and Jerry Lee Lewis legally married his 13 year old cousin in the US (Southern States of course!).I'm not condoning what he did but IMO it sure isn't paedophilia.

Thats exactly what i'm on about , shes a f***ing kid , its up to adults to decide about " human rights" for fucks sake.

No it's not. The UK is a signatory to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.

UNICEF - Convention on the Rights of the Child -

The UK ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) on 16 December 1991.

And I didn't say that Megan Stammers had any particular right to run off with her teacher. I merely wondered whether she might think that she had, and whether she might consider asserting what she thought was a right, through the courts.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
That's if they did not have sexual relations.. i reckon they have.. dont you??

Under 16 in a minor... and if he had sexual relations... although it doesnt quite seem right.. he can be classed as a paedo

I would bet there is more than 1 person on this board who has had sex with a 15 year old girl. I know at least 2 of my old school friends did and I certainly wouldn't consider them to be paedophiles.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here