Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teacher from Ringmer.... 15 year old pupil - LOST & FOUND

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
whatever happens here both have obviously gone off together, he did not drag her kicking and screaming,he also must care for her otherwise he would not have thrown away his career, within a year she can move in with him without anyone's consent
media binfest when there is sweet FA else to do
and I have no doubt the police in this country have better thing to do than chase a couple of people who have been a little silly.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
That's if they did not have sexual relations.. i reckon they have.. dont you??

I dont know, i'm not into dogging :shrug:

Under 16 in a minor... and if he had sexual relations... although it doesnt quite seem right.. he can be classed as a paedo

I thought he had a Fiesta:wink:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Ok to sum it up for me... the main issue was that he was the TEACHER. If he was a 30 year old guy who met her out at a roller disco. We'd all think he was sick being a 30 year old going for a 15 year old and im sure it wouldnt seem all that bad. However he was her teacher. In a position of trust. Even if she was 16 i still think it is a massive abuse of trust.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
What i don't get, is that they could of waited till christmas, and it would of been legal as she would of been 16. Not very clever on their part.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
May start a massive binfest here, but is he really a "paedo"? As in, "likes abusing children"....

Depends which definition you use, tbh, "likes abusing children" isn't a correct one. No, he's not a paedo, the medical (and only correct) definition of the word is "Someone who is sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children". That definition doesn't apply to the vast majority of 15 year olds.

I think a more important question isn't whether he deserves that title or not (he doesn't) but whether what he's done is wrong enough to deserve a jail term. IMO, as a teacher, it is. As a teacher, you are in a position of trust, you are the adult and it is up to you not to act on attractions you may feel. I teach A'level as well, and abroad where some pupils get held back until their English is good enough, meaning some of our pupils don't graduate until they are 19 or 20, but even at that age, where the law doesn't apply, IMO, the responsibility of trust does. Whether or not you are sexually attracted to an older pupil may be something beyond your control, but if whether or not you act on it is beyond your control, you shouldn't be in the job.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
What i don't get, is that they could of waited till christmas, and it would of been legal as she would of been 16. Not very clever on their part.

I really only think the age is half of the issue... Even if she was 16 (and legal) he is in a position of trust. He could have spent years grooming her.. A teacher really shouldn't be with a pupil.

If he felt like he was falling for her he should have gone to a different class or moved school.

I really want to see an interview with the wife.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
As a teacher, you are in a position of trust, you are the adult and it is up to you not to act on attractions you may feel. I teach A'level as well, and abroad where some pupils get held back until their English is good enough, meaning some of our pupils don't graduate until they are 19 or 20, but even at that age, where the law doesn't apply, IMO, the responsibility of trust does. Whether or not you are sexually attracted to an older pupil may be something beyond your control, but if whether or not you act on it is beyond your control, you shouldn't be in the job.

This is what i have been trying to express... Spot on Fork me..

her being under 16 is one issue... ok shes 15 so people may think this is ok... The real issue is being the teacher... the position of trust and even if he was teaching 18 year old college student i think that should be frowned upon.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Ok to sum it up for me... the main issue was that he was the TEACHER. If he was a 30 year old guy who met her out at a roller disco. We'd all think he was sick being a 30 year old going for a 15 year old and im sure it wouldnt seem all that bad. However he was her teacher. In a position of trust. Even if she was 16 i still think it is a massive abuse of trust.

This to me, is the most distressing thing for any parent. No matter what the age of the pupil, any teacher that starts a relationship with a pupil is morally & ethically wrong.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
This to me, is the most distressing thing for any parent. No matter what the age of the pupil, any teacher that starts a relationship with a pupil is morally & ethically wrong.
Exactly... The fact shes under age is just another sick twist to an already bad episode...

I dont have kids... yet but if it was my 15 year old.. i really couldnt account for my actions towards him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The plus for them is that if they want he will do his sentence and when released they can then live together with no problem, chances are though that she will have moved on to a new relationship and he will be left to pick up the pieces probably with his wife.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Let's not jump too quickly and base any judgement on mere rumours, but one question has occurred to me.

Does she have any entitlement, under human rights legislation, to claim that her rights have been denied by the action of the authorities?

The very fact that you've stated this says it all about "human rights" legislation, she's a child you f***ing clown.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
whatever happens here both have obviously gone off together, he did not drag her kicking and screaming,he also must care for her otherwise he would not have thrown away his career, within a year she can move in with him without anyone's consent
media binfest when there is sweet FA else to do
and I have no doubt the police in this country have better thing to do than chase a couple of people who have been a little silly.
is fuzzie your cat ? because i dont reckon you've got kids from the statement that " I have no doubt the police in this country have better thing to do than chase a couple of people who have been a little silly. ".

The fact that she is 15 is not particularly relevant. The law is about abuse of position of trust by a teacher.

This is the LAW in England ...

Section 16 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003:-

16 Abuse of position of trust: sexual activity with a child.

(1) A person aged 18 or over (A) commits an offence if— .

(a) he intentionally touches another person (B), .
(b) the touching is sexual, .
(c) A is in a position of trust in relation to B, .
(d) where subsection (2) applies, A knows or could reasonably be expected to know of the circumstances by virtue of which he is in a position of trust in relation to B, and .
(e) either— .
(i) B is under 18 and A does not reasonably believe that B is 18 or over, or .
(ii) B is under 13.

(2) This subsection applies where A— .

(a) is in a position of trust in relation to B by virtue of circumstances within section 21(2), (3), (4) or (5), and .
(b) is not in such a position of trust by virtue of other circumstances.

Section 21(5) is this:-

(5) This subsection applies if A looks after persons under 18 who are receiving education at an educational institution and B is receiving, and A is not receiving, education at that institution.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here