Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teacher from Ringmer.... 15 year old pupil - LOST & FOUND

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
It got ridiculous when the school admitted that they knew something was going on between them 7 months ago. Then they let him give her extra lessons one on one, and the girls family only found this out yesterday.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not good, school reported to have witheld information for FOI requests about the last teacher that is doing bird for sleeping with 2 pupils not that long ago.

Sack the senior management and start again I say!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The age thing isn't the major factor here though: it's the fact that he's her teacher, therefore is breaking the law by forming a relationship with her.

If he was just some other random 30yr old dating a 15yr old, the chances are her parents would be pissed but as long as it was consensual on her part, he wouldn't be in too much strife. This is all because he is in a position of responsibility for her, which makes it highly illegal.

Good point, and agreed.

After hearing stories of them holding hands on school trips and being so blatant that other students knew, I'm begining to go back to my initial reaction that this bloke is just really really stupid. Not in an acadenic sense perhaps, but if he can't realise the consequences of getting caught and the impact on his life then I'd suggest that he isn't very streetwise (for want of a better phrase).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Teacher from Ringmer.... Megan Stammers

Can a 15 year old girl give her consent if he wasnt her teacher?

Well yes and no. It's under the age of consent, but a would take into account the fact that a girl did consent when deciding the sentence for somebody found guilty, if that makes sense. So if a 25 year old and a 15 year old were found to be having sex and she said she wanted it and agreed to it, he wouldn't be charged with rape just because she's under the age of consent. He MIGHT be charged with sexual activity with a minor if it was deemed in the public interest (and let's be honest, it's not remotely in the public interest to prosecute every 16 year old boy sleeping with his 15 year old girlfriend). Shades of grey, you see.

Somebody under 13 cannot legally, under any circumstances, consent to sex, therefore an older male found to be engaging in such activity with a female of 12 would find himself in deep trouble regardless of whether the female said she let him or not.

As stated before, the biggest issue here is his position as her teacher, as the law prevents such relationships precisely for the purpose of protecting vulnerable and suggestible children. Just as teenage girls are prone to shortlived crushes on boybands and TV stars, they can also end up falling for apparently unattractive and speccy teachers who pay them a little attention.

I honestly think in years to come, once she's got over this crush, the girl involved here will be mortified and embarrassed at what's gone on.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I wouldnt be suprised if he turned up as memeber of this bored.

He is already registered - he posted on the Birds, Balls and Brighton thread, didn't you [MENTION=17118]forrest[/MENTION] ?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
It got ridiculous when the school admitted that they knew something was going on between them 7 months ago. Then they let him give her extra lessons one on one, and the girls family only found this out yesterday.

The more information that comes out, the more discreditable those in charge of the School appear to become. Even Gove, the Education Minister could be dragged into this now. It appears 'concerns' were raised with his Department several weeks ago!

Aside from the present issue and the School's failure to act quicker when suspicions were aroused months ago, the Governor who was allowed to remain on the Board despite having sexual abuse allegations hanging over him, the incident above of the teacher grooming, there also the issue of the woman from the National Association for People Abused in Childhood.

When she questioned the School regarding their safeguarding policies, she stated the school was extremely hostile and obstructive to her requests. She wrote several times asking to see its child protection policy. Most schools have the policy on their Website. This School doesn't. Make of that what you will?

The Head Teacher has the nerve to claim they have a "robust safeguarding policy" and they have been commended by Ofsted. To me, both the school safeguarding policy plus ofsted have failed. Ofsted Inspectors can have the wool pulled over their eyes quite easily. The Schools get advanced warning & everything that is 'dodgy' is shoved out of sight. After the Inspectors have cleared off, its 'as you were'.

There's been multiple failures by the guardians of the school. They should resign. No Parents can have confidence in this school all the time the present guardians remain.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The Head Teacher has the nerve to claim they have a "robust safeguarding policy" and they have been commended by Ofsted. To me, both the school safeguarding policy plus ofstead have failed. Ofsted Inspectors can have the wool pulled over their eyes quite easily. The Schools get advanced warning & everything that is 'dodgy' is shoved out of sight. After the Inspectors have cleared off, its 'as you were'.

Ofsted inspections are a joke - there should be absolutely no warning of them. Strangely most teachers object to this idea - I can't think why !

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Keeping it local, MEGAN STAMMERS is an anagram of STANMER SMEGMA. That is all.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Ofsted inspections are a joke - there should be absolutely no warning of them. Strangely most teachers object to this idea - I can't think why !

It's because it wouldn't be even remotely possible to be teaching to their criteria in every single lesson throughout the year. If they were to make their standards more realistic, I think most teachers would have no problem with them walking in unannounced. Anyway, not the point of this thread.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Ah I remember my days at school....

Playing footy with the boys, sneaking off for a cheeky fag, fingering girls behind the bike shed.....

.... I loved that job as a maths teacher

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Re: Teacher from Ringmer.... Megan Stammers

I agree, there should be no warning. Incidentally i know plenty of teachers who agree. It would stop the false way that some schools try to present themselves given the time after the announcement.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
WellI honestly think in years to come, once she's got over this crush, the girl involved here will be mortified and embarrassed at what's gone on.
Or they get married and have about 15 kids - it has happened before.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

I like how the arrest warrant is for abduction. How is it abduction if she consented? Is it on technicality that it was against her parents' will? Because it certainly wasn't against hers. Maybe the charge should be one more fitting to a 30 year old being with his 15 year old student.

Alas, I think the OB realised age of consent was different without Europe so that charge would be bogus.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I like how the arrest warrant is for abduction. How is it abduction if she consented? Is it on technicality that it was against her parents' will?

Yes, she isn't old enough under UK law to leave her guardians without their consent, so it's abduction.

Alas, I think the OB realised age of consent was different without Europe so that charge would be bogus.

She was abducted FROM the UK, so that doesn't matter. He broke UK law on UK soil, so the arrest warrant is valid throughout Europe.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

It's certainly one of the few times I've heard of a willing abductee then...

Young Megan has now been found, in Bordeaux.

BBC News - Missing teenager Megan Stammers is found in France

Missing teenager Megan Stammers has been found in France, according to Sussex Police.

She was found with teacher Jeremy Forrest on Friday at 12:15 BST. Mr Forrest was arrested and Megan has been taken into protection, said police.

The information which led to them being located came as a direct result of media coverage in France, Sussex Police said.

The pair had been missing since boarding a ferry last Thursday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here