Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Super David Cameron's Key Note Speech Today

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
CameronEton_600x539.jpg

I never knew Dave and Boris were in Spandau Ballet.

Gold!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Party politics is as as ridiculous as religion, and almost as dangerous.

Like the capitalism with which it tends to coincide, it's not perfect. But no-one's come up with anything demonstrably better as yet. Forming an affiliation with people who believe in similar things as you is are a pretty fundamental, normal thing to do, I reckon, and the party system is just a way of formalising that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I only heard one policy commitment. Reduce corporation tax. Whoppie f***ing Do.
He did say he was going to reduce state benefits. He once went into a benefit office and a couple were being told they were better off living apart.

Sadly, he didn't tell us HOW the Tories would change this. Just that they would.

Should be enough for Gareth's vote I guess.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
He did say he was going to reduce state benefits. He once went into a benefit office and a couple were being told they were better off living apart.

Sadly, he didn't tell us HOW the Tories would change this. Just that they would.

I did give up after 30 minutes which is probably 25 minutes longer than most. I almost miss Blair. At least he injected a bit of humour into these things (although he isn't exactly Frankie Boyle). Cameron just seems like Blair lite. Affable enough chap but I doubt he will ever acheive really popular support.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I suspect that, in Gav's case, that would probably apply to any gormless old twat in a blue rosette.

calvin2.JPG

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Which is the crux of the problem - it should be equal opportunites for everyone that is prepared to work for those opportunites. There are far too many people who think they have a right to things without any hard work.

I see your point, children in deprived areas in failing schools just need to work harder to get the same opportunities as their counterparts in the Independent school sector when they eventually leave. God, I didn't realize it was so simple!!!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I suspect that, in Gav's case, that would probably apply to any gormless old twat in a blue rosette.

calvin2.JPG

You really have become a bitter old HAG haven't you Colin.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No, this is he:

800px-Super_glue.jpg

Not really Desert Orchids ashes were sprinkled at Cheltenham Racecourse. Nice try though and very original. Ever thought of doing stand up ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anyway if we can have a debate without the silly insults I thought it was a decent speech and quite reserved. He just concentrated on what make him and his party tick and did not resort to cheap laughs very much unlike Brown. It was a measure and restrained speech.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Flounce Flounce Flounce Flounce

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not really colin you are the one looking like a numpty. Are all your arguments just based on petty spiteful insults. Silly question as your track record speaks for itself.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Anyway if we can have a debate without the silly insults I thought it was a decent speech and quite reserved. He just concentrated on what make him and his party tick and did not resort to cheap laughs very much unlike Brown. It was a measure and restrained speech.

do you admit that, yet again, it contained no real policies or methods to achieve the commitments made?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree it was not a speech of policies but I don't think it was the time for that. He will bring those to the table next conference when it gets to the business end of things. It was a speech of thoughts and comments really. I thought it was a decent speech myself.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I agree it was not a speech of policies but I don't think it was the time for that. He will bring those to the table next conference when it gets to the business end of things. It was a speech of thoughts and comments really. I thought it was a decent speech myself.

is that an admission that as yet the Tory party have tabled no real policies?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not as such I think they are keeping their cards to their chests at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here