Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Super David Cameron's Key Note Speech Today

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"We are now the party of the NHS, not Labour. And under my leadership, that is how its gonna stay"

Rampant applause from the blue rinse numpties in the crowd, every single one of whom has CLEARLY decided they won't be renewing their Bupa premiums from the very second DC gets his feet under the table at #10.

Couldn't make it up.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The latter. I'm not a fan of the Tory party. Sorry.

Really? I'd never have worked that out unless you told me :)

I think the aftermath of the next general election could be quiet 'spicy' on here :lol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
so is it a good or bad thing then or do you not have a scooby? Still playing the floating voter card too I see. Not too convincingly though

I am loving the fact that you are so clearly aggitated at the fact I won't nail my political colours to the Labour mast.

Sorry Lee old boy, I'm not really a fan of them either. I just think they are (considerably) less shit than the Tories.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I am loving the fact that you are so clearly aggitated at the fact I won't nail my political colours to the Labour mast.

Sorry Lee old boy, I'm not really a fan of them either. I just think they are (considerably) less shit than the Tories.

It's a good thing that you're not sticking dogmatically to a single party, especially this far out from a general election. Bravo Simster :ascarf:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Really? I'd never have worked that out unless you told me :)

I think the aftermath of the next general election could be quiet 'spicy' on here :lol:

It's not surprising though, discussing wallpaper can get "spicy" on here these days.....

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
these 2 email comments (that came in at the same time) on the BBC page show how polarised people are:

1545: By e-mail: "It's largely flim-flam. He's only mentioned one policy so far - restoring the power of the BofE to limit debt." MC, Aberdeenshire, UK

"Refreshing to hear someone who genuinely seems to care about the rest of us rather than the clap-trap from Labour" David, Chatham, UK

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
these 2 email comments (that came in at the same time) on the BBC page show how polarised people are:

1545: By e-mail: "It's largely flim-flam. He's only mentioned one policy so far - restoring the power of the BofE to limit debt." MC, Aberdeenshire, UK

"Refreshing to hear someone who genuinely seems to care about the rest of us rather than the clap-trap from Labour" David, Chatham, UK

True.

Whatever people say or think about Blair now, I still think he did a better job of convincing people to like him than Cameron has...

I used to have a theory that every major party would be disappointed with their showing in 2010, of course this looks less likely thanks to the implosion of Labour from about April onwards, but before that I all thought that they would end up being frustrated with their end product.

Labour=For obvious reasons
Tories=Not gaining enough seats despite the major government setbacks(this rang true till April, where polls were only giving them 5% or so leads)
Lib Dems=Flatlining or even declining under the bland, Cameron-lite direction of that smarmy git Clegg

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Lib Dems=Flatlining or even declining under the bland, Cameron-lite direction of that smarmy git Clegg

This last point will probably prove the biggest boost fot the Tories, as with the Lib Dem's new leader and new policies, they are now less unlike the Tories, and therefore less likely to attract liberal minded voters.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

sorry mate but it's taken this thread to get you stop bullshitting about not being any way inclined and actually waiting to hear a Tory policy. You were clearly anti Tory from the start.

Anyhow, do keep digging.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A very good speech imo and his wife is much better looking than Brown's.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The one thing that really annoys me is the Tory promise to have 100,000 apprenticeships a year if they get elected. A fantastic policy from the party that single-handedly destroyed the apprenticeship system during the 1980s and early 1990s.

It is a good policy, but just serves to remind people of the Conservatives 'old' apprenticeship policies.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The one thing that really annoys me is the Tory promise to have 100,000 apprenticeships a year if they get elected. A fantastic policy from the party that single-handedly destroyed the apprenticeship system during the 1980s and early 1990s.

It is a good policy, but just serves to remind people of the Conservatives 'old' apprenticeship policies.
how did they do that ??

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Party politics is as as ridiculous as religion, and almost as dangerous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here