Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Super David Cameron's Key Note Speech Today

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As for your final sentence, utter right wing media garbage. The left never say that and do not support that. What they stand for is for equal opportunity for all, not equal opportunity for the fortunate few.

Which is the crux of the problem - it should be equal opportunites for everyone that is prepared to work for those opportunites. There are far too many people who think they have a right to things without any hard work.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Which is the crux of the problem - it should be equal opportunites for everyone that is prepared to work for those opportunites. There are far too many people who think they have a right to things without any hard work.

You're right and that's the same regardless of who's been in power at the time.

Anyway, as I said yesterday on Harty's thread, there's still too many people that don't trust the tories and that's why they'll not win a general election.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Presume you'll be cheering on McCain against the inexperienced untested media friendly Obama then?

I can't wait to hear you squirm your way out of that

Well, the answer to that is quite simple. If John McCain drops dead (and in some interviews it appears that it may have happened already), the president of the USofA will be Sarah Palin. If not calling your kids Track and Bristol, saying the Iraq war is a task from God and wanting to ban abortion is bad enough, she also thinks that Global Warming is nothing to do with man and this from the governor of Alaska!

She shouldn’t be entrusted with anything over and above a cuddly toy let alone run the risk of having here finger on the button. Obama might not be experienced but at least he is not a mentalist.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Anyway, as I said yesterday on Harty's thread, there's still too many people that don't trust the tories and that's why they'll not win a general election.

Fifty quid says they do

Yes but have these people only been around in the last eleven years?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Well, the answer to that is quite simple. If John McCain drops dead (and in some interviews it appears that it may have happened already), the president of the USofA will be Sarah Palin. If not calling your kids Track and Bristol, saying the Iraq war is a task from God and wanting to ban abortion is bad enough, she also thinks that Global Warming is nothing to do with man and this from the governor of Alaska!

She shouldn’t be entrusted with anything over and above a cuddly toy let alone run the risk of having here finger on the button. Obama might not be experienced but at least he is not a mentalist.

So you vote for Obama because he's not McCain. The fact that he has no experience, no real policies others than promise of change and a new start away from a warmongering spendthrift who has led his country to the biggest debt in it's history.

All reasons to support Cameron. Welcome aboard although not sure I feel comfortable basing my voting intentions on the candidates childrens names.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
So you vote for Obama because he's not McCain. The fact that he has no experience, no real policies others than promise of change and a new start away from a warmongering spendthrift who has led his country to the biggest debt in it's history.

He has CHARISMA though.

All reasons to support Cameron. Welcome aboard although not sure I feel comfortable basing my voting intentions on the candidates childrens names.

The comparisons between the UK and US frightening, but Buzzer do you honestly think the Tories would not have invaded Iraq and Afghanistan also?

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth

I respectfully disagree. Calling your kid 'Track' because you like running means to my mind that you shouldn't have the vote let alone be a choice on a ballot paper.

On this side of the pond I currently wont be voting. I lean towards Labour but can't vote for Brown as he spent too long taking the credit for times when the economy was rising and then blaming everyone else when it went tits up. If he recognised the mistakes it may have helped but he seems unable to at least in public. Not that it matters where I live as it will never be anything other than Tory in any case.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Away from NSC and the real World, William Hill have the Tories at nearly 1/5 on winning the election. Still keep telling yourself that if it gives you comfort.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Competitor PriceUnit Stake

Conservative Party 2/9
Labour Party 3/1
Liberal Democrat Party 100/1

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
10 minutes to go. Try and keep the excitement in check Campers.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No worries

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can you report back on what DC has to say about a vote for Scottish independence and the potential break up of the UK please Gareth?
Let me do it for you:

"I believe the question is not about Scottish Independence. It is about change, it is about fairness, it is about equality. And the people of Scotland will have that under a Tory government. They have been badly let down by Labour " etc etc etc

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I was a bit worried about the tories getting, but as they've just been given the dreaded Glover's Gambling Curse it looks like we're in for five more years fo Labour

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

_40033793_tory_boy.jpg

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I am anti-tory, always have been. However having taken heed of US plea to 'listen without prejuduice' I am trying to do so. When i say that I am really trying to hear some policies, or some way to pay for the promises he has made so far (better equiment for the army being the main one so far) then so far I have heard nothing.

US - serious question. Does the format normally followed begin with idealisms with the method to achieve following after?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here